Kissbox Pass-through Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan

Dec 19, 2008
North Wales, UK
Just after Christmas I bought a Janty Extended Classic Kissbox and am generally delighted with it. Until yesterday, I have only used the rechargeable batteries but yesterday I tried out the USB pass-through. I am only getting about half the vapour from it than I get from the rechargables.

I remember from another thread that someone recently bought the same thing, but it came without the pass-through and a note to the effect that it would follow with an updated battery (implying that there was something wrong with the current ones)

The voltage delivered by my pass-through is just over 4 volts, so I’m guessing it’s a current problem (insufficient wattage at the atomiser). This battery is blue and bears the legend “ICR10440 360mAH”. So, my first question is: “Is this battery known to be deficient?”

Ivapour www.ivapour.co.uk is selling a replacement kissbox pass-through battery that is white and bears the legend “3.6V 360mAH”. Second question: Is this the new, improved battery that will solve my problem?

Third question: “If not is anyone stocking the correct battery?”

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Just after Christmas I bought a Janty Extended Classic Kissbox and am generally delighted with it. Until yesterday, I have only used the rechargeable batteries but yesterday I tried out the USB pass-through. I am only getting about half the vapour from it than I get from the rechargables.

I remember from another thread that someone recently bought the same thing, but it came without the pass-through and a note to the effect that it would follow with an updated battery (implying that there was something wrong with the current ones)

The voltage delivered by my pass-through is just over 4 volts, so I’m guessing it’s a current problem (insufficient wattage at the atomiser). This battery is blue and bears the legend “ICR10440 360mAH”. So, my first question is: “Is this battery known to be deficient?”

Ivapour www.ivapour.co.uk is selling a replacement kissbox pass-through battery that is white and bears the legend “3.6V 360mAH”. Second question: Is this the new, improved battery that will solve my problem?

Third question: “If not is anyone stocking the correct battery?”

That sounds like the same battery I originally got in mine and it worked fine. Mine also said 3.6v on it along with the other numbers. I don't know about any new and improved batts. But it recharges by plugging it into your usb port. Maybe that's what it needs?

Lu

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
When I first got my Kissbox I noticed a difference in atomiser performance between the dedicated batteries and the USB one. The USB battery seemed to not be as fast to heat the atomiser. Some others here mentioned the same perception with it. Now that I'm used to it I don't notice and it's not a problem. Ludo once said it was to do with the amount of current that the wire can take and it's limited for safety reasons.

Another factor with those batteries is that they won't work properly if you don't charge them a bit before use. If you just plug it in and vape away it probably hasn't had a chance to store enough charge from the USB port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread