iJoy Captain PD270 Box Mod and the iJoy 20700 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
And you seem hell bent against it. I'm for giving iJoy the chance to make things good. And if they don't, then that's on them. It's as simple as that.
Yes I am against it. We are the consumers they should earn out business. If we continue to buy bad stuff companies will have no reason to improve. I can't think of a rational person who would say customers should buy a bad product and give the company the benefit that it may be fixable. If they prove me wrong and make it good, then I'll say buy it, bit no reason to support bad products like they need or deserve our money.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Yes I am against it. We are the consumers they should earn out business. If we continue to buy bad stuff companies will have no reason to improve. I can't think of a rational person who would say customers should buy a bad product and give the company the benefit that it may be fixable. If they prove me wrong and make it good, then I'll say buy it, bit no reason to support bad products like they need or deserve our money.
OK, you've made yourself very clear. Bash the product all you want to, and iJoy if you want, but please stop making it personal. It is not my intention to push or pimp the product, or iJoy for that matter, nor anything/anyone else. I put the Caution out there, just like you did, and you pinned it to the top of your comment section on YouTube. So now, it's up to them to fix it or not.

But if you'd like to be a part of the process to make things better, then let's look at everything that needs improvement, and tell iJoy about it.

I've started a list of things for the iJoy Captain PD270 Box Mod that need to be fixed, adjusted, or otherwise paid attention to.

• Better 510. One that’s not like the Predator, so the threads can’t be pulled out. Something more like the Fat Daddy 510s that are mounted with a nut from the inside. Or at least press fit from the inside.
  • Make sure that all Battery and Mod Protection features work properly.
  • Fix the Regulation for Power modes (Norm, Hard, Soft, and User if it needs it). And also make certain that it works well with Temp Control.
  • Fix the Regulation for Temp Control modes for all wire types supported natively by the Mod.
  • Make sure that both TCR Memory Functions work properly for every selectable range, so that any wire type will work correctly under Temp Control.
  • Use a White Paint or something in the embossed (+) & (-) position indicators on the Battery Door so they are more readable and easily identified for proper battery installation.
  • Make sure that the Battery Door on every Mod manufactured will function properly and have a long and stable usage life, including the latching mechanics.
  • The Latch should hold the batteries securely so that typical bumps during usage, or when setting the Mod down, will not allow the Battery Door to pop open unintentionally.
  • Change the Front Screen panel and Back panel where the Captain logo is to something more suitable for everyday use. Something impervious to scratches and juice spills.
  • Seal the Power Button and (+) & (-) Adjustment buttons from juice spills.
  • Replace the Stickers with some that won’t peel off by themselves.
Add anything else you can think of, and send it to iJoy directly here...
IJOY TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.-Contact Us

Tell me about anything you've added and I'll include them in my message. Daniel is making his effort. The rest of us can give our input, too. How about we stop trying to run people off, and start trying to be helpful? Whaddaya say?

Last edited:
Reactions: sherifgd

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
OK, you've made yourself very clear. Bash the product all you want to, and iJoy if you want, but please stop making it personal. It is not my intention to push or pimp the product, or iJoy for that matter, nor anything/anyone else. I put the Caution out there, just like you did, and you pinned it to the top of your comment section on YouTube. So now, it's up to them to fix it or not.

But if you'd like to be a part of the process to make things better, then let's look at everything that needs improvement, and tell iJoy about it.

I've started a list of things for the iJoy Captain PD270 Box Mod that need to be fixed, adjusted, or otherwise paid attention to.

• Better 510. One that’s not like the Predator, so the threads can’t be pulled out. Something more like the Fat Daddy 510s that are mounted with a nut from the inside. Or at least press fit from the inside.
  • Fix the Regulation for Power modes (Norm, Hard, Soft, and User if it needs it).
  • Fix the Regulation for Temp Control modes for all wire types supported natively by the Mod.
  • Make sure that both TCR Memory Functions work properly for every selectable range, so that any wire type will work correctly under Temp Control.
  • Use a White Paint or something in the embossed (+) & (-) position indicators on the Battery Door so they are more readable and easily identified for proper battery installation.
  • Make sure that the Battery Door on every Mod manufactured will function properly and have a long and stable usage life, including the latching mechanics.
  • The Latch should hold the batteries securely so that typical bumps during usage, or when setting the Mod down, will not allow the Battery Door to pop open unintentionally.
  • Change the Front Screen panel and Back panel where the Captain logo is to something more suitable for everyday use. Something impervious to scratches and juice spills.
Add anything else you can think of, and send it to iJoy directly here...
IJOY TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.-Contact Us

Tell me about anything you've added and I'll include them in my message. Daniel is making his effort. The rest of us can give our input, too. How about we stop trying to run people off, and start trying to be helpful? Whaddaya say?

I'm not making it personal or trying to run anyone off by any means. Nor am I trying to bash ijoy as a company. I love their tanks, their zenith is awesome, the exo rta is the best on the market, and their maxo was good for being a quad battery mod. But their last 2 mods have been junk. That's what a reviewer does. They test a product and give an honest assessment on it. That's what they are supposed to do at least. Be thorough and if something is bad say it's bad. It's simple. He'll I don't see movie reviewers getting flak for saying a movie is bad when a few people liked it. It is what it is. Funny enough ijoy contacted me back on Monday. Didn't see it until tonight. Replied back and am explaining what needs to be fixed. They weren't even mad at the review nor were they defending the mod like you are. They just asked me what could be improved. You taken my bad review more personal then they are lol. So let's not make things personal. Keep it civil as it's been cause I haven't seen anything that would say otherwise but i do a lot of hard work and effort in doing my reviews and it's for good reason. Because the community needed someone who can remain fair and give an honest unbiased opinion and who is willing to test stuff and go the extra mile. I'm trying to do a service to the community so people don't waste money. I'll keep talking with ijoy and see if I can get them to make a newer version that fixes the issues. That's how we get better products and hopefully they take my advice to heart and put out a good mod. And we all win. Ijoy can proudly sell it I can recommend it and vapers can be happy buying it. Win win win. If you have suggestions as well I'll let them know and add it in.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I'm not making it personal or trying to run anyone off by any means. Nor am I trying to bash ijoy as a company. I love their tanks, their zenith is awesome, the exo rta is the best on the market, and their maxo was good for being a quad battery mod. But their last 2 mods have been junk. That's what a reviewer does. They test a product and give an honest assessment on it. That's what they are supposed to do at least. Be thorough and if something is bad say it's bad. It's simple. He'll I don't see movie reviewers getting flak for saying a movie is bad when a few people liked it. It is what it is. Funny enough ijoy contacted me back on Monday. Didn't see it until tonight. Replied back and am explaining what needs to be fixed. They weren't even mad at the review nor were they defending the mod like you are. They just asked me what could be improved. You taken my bad review more personal then they are lol. So let's not make things personal. Keep it civil as it's been cause I haven't seen anything that would say otherwise but i do a lot of hard work and effort in doing my reviews and it's for good reason. Because the community needed someone who can remain fair and give an honest unbiased opinion and who is willing to test stuff and go the extra mile. I'm trying to do a service to the community so people don't waste money. I'll keep talking with ijoy and see if I can get them to make a newer version that fixes the issues. That's how we get better products and hopefully they take my advice to heart and put out a good mod. And we all win. Ijoy can proudly sell it I can recommend it and vapers can be happy buying it. Win win win. If you have suggestions as well I'll let them know and add it in.
I don't know why you want to keep saying that I'm defending it, but whatever. How quickly you forget that I contributed the comment that's pinned to the top.

I made the list of things I could think of. If you have anything to add to that list, then please do. I'll add to the list, or adjust it, as I think of things. I just added Temp Control working properly with regulated Power under the "Fix the Regulation for Power modes" bullet.

Last edited:

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
WTH !
225W IJOY Captain PD1865 with Wondervape RDA TC Kit W/O Battery
IJOY Captain PD1865 Kit comes with a Captain PD1865 TC MOD and a Wondervape RDA. 3 colors.
IT FIGURES. no more! !!

BTW. my v1.1 was PURCHASED on VAPORDNA.COM. .so. you guys keep doing what ur doing. Reviews!
Both of you... @100%VG & @Anthony_Vapes...same goal. So WE THE PEOPLE out here..do NOT waste time and $ on Cr@p !
Good, healthy debate is good!
Are we good on this goal gentlemen ???
HeardUnderstoodAnswered would be the appropriate response plz..
Just remember this..texts can be taken outta CONTEXT. remember back when the person u ticked off took a text u sent the wrong way? :facepalm:
Well,re read what u write b4 u hit send.
Understood? Keep up the good work !
Pretty soon,I'm gonna just take all this gear,dig a crater,and disintegrate them in place:shock: :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
WTH !
225W IJOY Captain PD1865 with Wondervape RDA TC Kit W/O Battery
IJOY Captain PD1865 Kit comes with a Captain PD1865 TC MOD and a Wondervape RDA. 3 colors.
IT FIGURES. no more! !!
Great. It's probably using the exact same IWEPAL Chip that's in the Captain DP270. I have to wonder what version of Firmware it has.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I went to the iJoy website, looking for more pictures of the Captain PD1865. It's not even listed there yet. :blink: But I found Firmware Update V1.23 available for the Captain PD270 here...

There's also an iJoy Update Installer next to it on the page, which I guess will be required to get the update installed.

I have downloaded both and will try them tomorrow. I'm going to bed now.

The Firmware is named 201706071906507418.zip, so I renamed it to Captain PD270 Firmware V1.23.zip to make it easier to tell them apart, and be able to keep track of future updates in that folder.

The iJoy Update Installer is named 201611151602281294.zip, so I renamed it to iJoy Update Installer.zip.

Some of you will probably beat me to installing and trying them, so good luck! I'm hopeful of some glowing reports. :)

I'll see ya'll later in the day.

ETA:
The Firmware inside the Zip package is labeled Captain PD270_v1.3.dfu, so I guess it's Firmware V1.3 instead of Firmware V1.23. Upgrade instructions.png is also inside the Zip package.

Inside the Update Installer Zip package, you'll find IJOY Update installer Manual-2016.pdf and IJOY Update installer.exe.

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
One last note before I'm really gone.

I sent a message to iJoy telling them:
The Firmware inside the Zip package for the iJoy Captain PD270 Box Mod is labeled Captain PD270_v1.3.dfu, so I guess it's at typo on the Download page that says ver1.23.​

So don't be surprised if the download link says Captain PD270 firmware ver1.3 when you get there.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I don't know why you want to keep saying that I'm defending it, but whatever. How quickly you forget that I contributed the comment that's pinned to the top.

I made the list of things I could think of. If you have anything to add to that list, then please do. I'll add to the list, or adjust it, as I think of things. I just added Temp Control working properly with regulated Power under the "Fix the Regulation for Power modes" bullet.
Contributed as in you said I was wrong after you just got the mod and used 1 build on it, then your 2nd build it set your cotton on fire and you came back and said i was right. Yes you did that and it was appreciated. Like i said I don't have any issue with you, I don't have any issue with Ijoy as a company, I only have an issue with the mod itself and I wouldn't want others wasting their money on it

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Anthony - are you going to try the new firmware? I'm interested in seeing opinions from different people (mine hasn't arrived yet).
It won't fix the 510 pin. I'm gonna hold off testing until my rainbow one arrives. Then I'll test that with new firmware and see what happens

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Some of us have a Mod without hardware issues and we want to see our mods improved via firmware (if possible), no matter how we obtained them. From here on, my discussions will only be about improvements and the like. So I feel that I need to preface that by saying: This should not be considered pushing, pimping, defending, or recommending the Mod!!! I will NOT be doing that until every issue has been resolved and confirmed by several reviewers. With that said, I'm moving forward.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I installed Firmware V1.3 and tried an Eleaf Melo 2 with a 0.5Ω Notch coil. Using 60W 420°F and SS, the first puff or two were pretty good without being hot (like before), but vapor production fell off quickly (like before). Same thing with TCR set to 0.00092. Tried it in Power/Norm 60W and it's better this way. Vapor and Flavor are not reduced over time.

Put my Crown II on with a 0.65Ω Single Coil of 24g SS316L in the Rafale RBA using 60W 420°F. No performance in Temp Control set to SS or TCR either. But it's OK with Power/Norm 60W.

I found that the TCR adjustments range is between 0.00050 and 0.00200, so I couldn't try the Altus T1 with Temp Control as it needs 0.00310, according the David Guo. In Power/Norm 60W, the Ramp Up time needed help, so I set User to 78, 72, 60, 60, 60, 60 and it performed much better.

Better TCR range is something that I've added to the List. While I don't know if 0.00050 would be considered Low enough, 0.00200 is not High enough for everything out there. For another example, some people use 0.00450 for Tungsten.

NOTE: I say these worked better/OK with Power/Norm 60W, but they do not perform like they should, especially at 60W.

So in my estimation, Firmware V1.3 didn't actually fix much at all. And of course, this says nothing at all about Power Regulation and how it works with Temp Control. Power Regulation could be the whole problem, or Temp Control Regulation may need help, too.

My DUOS SUB with the pair of Twisted 24g SS316L spaced coils was no longer Hot n Nasty, and the juice doesn't pop into a flame with 60W 420°F. While it was a little better with TCR set to 0.00092 than it was with SS, it's not performing like it should. The wicking needs to changed, so I think I'll try that and compare it to my other DUOS SUB with a 0.3Ω Tiger coil, which is much better on taste with Power/Norm 60W. Not that I expect this to fix much for the Captain, but it needs to be rewicked anyway.

And I will say that my UD brand SS316L wires aren't necessarily the best brand to buy, but they've worked well in every other TC device I have.

So again, it would seem that we're still waiting for the help that DJLsb Vapes, Anthony Vapes (and any others who may not known) are working on with iJoy.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
What's wrong w the 510?
I missed something
It's very deep and has very little give. Some atomizers like my blazer 200 and aromamizer plus won't even fire on it. Resistance is jumpy and reads wrong. It's also the same as the predator on the ground but with a dab of glue. It won't pop out but it doesn't allow a solid connection. I woidont mind the press fit glue if it didn't show up in the testing even though I don't like the design but when performance is an issue I can't recommend it

Reactions: markfm

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I just wrote an email to Vivian at iJoy about the ongoing list...
  • Better 510. One that’s not like the Predator, so the threads can’t be pulled out. Something more like the Fat Daddy 510s that are mounted with a nut from the inside. Or at least press fit from the inside, and without a 510 press fit inserted from the top.
  • Fix the Power Regulation for all modes (Norm, Hard, Soft, and User if it needs it). And also make certain that Power Regulation works well with Temp Control.
  • Temp Control Regulation needs attention for all wire types supported natively by the Mod, but especially Stainless Steel.
  • A better TCR range is something should be considered. I found that the TCR adjustments range is between 0.00050 and 0.00200, so I could not try the Altus T1 with Temp Control because it needs 0.00310, according the David Guo. While I don't know if 0.00050 would be considered Low enough, 0.00200 is not High enough for everything out there. For another example, some people use 0.00450 for Tungsten.
  • Use a White Paint or something in the embossed (+) & (-) position indicators on the Battery Door, so they are more readable and easily identified for proper battery installation.
  • Make sure that the Battery Door will function properly and have a long and stable usage life, including the latching mechanics. (some Battery Doors have been loose and floppy)
  • Change the Front Screen panel and Back panel (where the Captain logo is) to something more suitable for everyday use. Something impervious to scratches and juice spills.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
It's very deep and has very little give. Some atomizers like my blazer 200 and aromamizer plus won't even fire on it. Resistance is jumpy and reads wrong. It's also the same as the predator on the ground but with a dab of glue. It won't pop out but it doesn't allow a solid connection. I woidont mind the press fit glue if it didn't show up in the testing even though I don't like the design but when performance is an issue I can't recommend it

I just got tge Aromizer Plus..... juice control TIGHT ! my 1st no post..any reccommendations on wire gauge..I kno it fits big builds..I fire 50-70 w..I'll put it on the SXQ or ipv8 or flask..
That's that..I give up..lol..I really liked the 228.just sent it back. Still in box.
Thx :facepalm:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I just got tge Aromizer Plus..... juice control TIGHT ! my 1st no post..any reccommendations on wire gauge..I kno it fits big builds..I fire 50-70 w..I'll put it on the SXQ or ipv8 or flask..
That's that..I give up..lol..I really liked the 228.just sent it back. Still in box.
Thx :facepalm:
I use dual fancy coils personally. 3-4mm Id. 6 wrapps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread