IJoy Limitless LUX 215W Mod First look

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
been looking at getting this mod. but I wanted to hear from those that have it if you guys have run into other issues? I've seen some negative things on this.
List the negatives you've heard and we can confirm them or not.

I find the TC with SS a tad spooky... I set the resistance, configure the LUX for 80W/480F and it works fine. After a while it feels like it is firing with a preheat of 120W instead of the 80W I set it to as the vape starts much hotter. I have experienced this across multiple atty's so it's not the build etc...

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The Aromamizer Plus is a great match for the LUX. There is the raised ring on the top around the 510, those with gap OCD will be driven squirrelly... :w00t: :lol:

20ml tank FTW!
JrU5uhal.jpg

Reactions: Eskie

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    List the negatives you've heard and we can confirm them or not.

I find the TC with SS a tad spooky... I set the resistance, configure the LUX for 80W/480F and it works fine. After a while it feels like it is firing with a preheat of 120W instead of the 80W I set it to as the vape starts much hotter. I have experienced this across multiple atty's so it's not the build etc...

Sadly the v1.2 does the same thing with TI wire as well. I've asked them to post the v1.0 firmware for users to revert back to with no response.

It was working well with NI200 with v1.0 firmware :vapor:- why oh why did I "upgrade" it? :facepalm:

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Sadly the v1.2 does the same thing with TI wire as well. I've asked them to post the v1.0 firmware for users to revert back to with no response.

It was working well with NI200 with v1.0 firmware :vapor:- why oh why did I "upgrade" it? :facepalm:
    That's really too bad. I understand that there were other problems with the 1.0 firmware such as not remembering settings etc. I too have the V1.2 firmware loaded and I'd like to see a V1.3 with the preheat (for lack of a better description) problem fixed. A TCR option instead of the useless User Mode Curve would be an excellent feature.

The chance of getting anything out of iJoy will be slim to none, since it's all Maxo and Exo focus these days. Now if the Arctic Fox Firmware people wrote a version for the LUX, like they did for the Joyetech/Wismec mods, we would be all set. :hubba:

Reactions: GeorgeS

Rompido

Oct 14, 2015
    South Florida
    List the negatives you've heard and we can confirm them or not...

1) when holding the fire button. the watts jump around. in other words as you are inhaling you can feel the temperature of your vape rise and fall. ( not to be confused with firing button accidentally losing contact )
    2) fire button doesn't make a good contact and at times will disconnect while in the middle of a pull
    3) some report a delay from time you press the fire button to the actual heating of the coils. a Lag if you will.

I'm looking for the smallest 2x 26650 VW Mod under 100$ and this Lux seems like it will do. *** I don't care about TC or TC options*** so all the TC complaints I've seen doesn't scare me away from this mod. but the above things I've listed scare me.

Gallant

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    1) when holding the fire button. the watts jump around. in other words as you are inhaling you can feel the temperature of your vape rise and fall. ( not to be confused with firing button accidentally losing contact )
    2) fire button doesn't make a good contact and at times will disconnect while in the middle of a pull
    3) some report a delay from time you press the fire button to the actual heating of the coils. a Lag if you will.
    Been using it since September never had any of the above 3 issues

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada

I'm looking for the smallest 2x 26650 VW Mod under 100$ and this Lux seems like it will do. *** I don't care about TC or TC options*** so all the TC complaints I've seen doesn't scare me away from this mod. but the above things I've listed scare me.
    Same here, I have never experienced any of those issues.
    I read #3 was an original V1.0 firmware problem that was addressed in the updates.

Reactions: Gallant

Ronscrazyvaper

Jan 10, 2017
    I have got the LUX and it's great the battery's that came with it are ijoys batteries and they last all day and I am running a 100 watts and I am a chain vaper and it still lasts all day. The only thing I don't like is when you want to shut the mod off you have to press the fire button 5 times fast but while you do that it fires the coils and I end up having to hit the button at least 10-15 times. Then another thing is when you take a vape the current starts then stops and then starts again. I thought I was slipping off the button but even when I made sure I was pressing the button it would happen. It does not happen all the time but when it does it is annoying. But it feels good in the hand it's a little big but not that big it is comfortable. Really nice mod. It is my new favorite with the ijoy limitless xl tank with the xl2s duel coil rebuildable.

Gallant

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Then another thing is when you take a vape the current starts then stops and then starts again. I thought I was slipping off the button but even when I made sure I was pressing the button it would happen.
    Update to ver 1.2 that should resolve the issue

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread