I'm looking for a small bottom feeder box mod.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by thegrindre, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegrindre

thegrindre Super Member ECF Veteran

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of getting a small bottom feeder box mod and would like to know who makes them?
    When I say small, I mean something that'll fit in my shirt pocket like my cigs used to do.
    Nothing fancy at all, just a small vaping device is all I'm looking for.
    All the bells and whistles are not my cup of tea. Just a simple PV is all.
    Probably made of plastic would be best. The wooden ones might be too heavy. I don't know, though.
    Who do you recommend?
    What do you recommend?
    Any pros and cons would be helpful, too.
    Links would be nice if you are allowed to post them here, also.

Thanks, guys,

2. Modrod.

Modrod. Vaping Master ECF Veteran

3. JTman

JTman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Old Goat! He's got 3.7v bottom feeder on sale for $30 bucks. Get a pair of 14500 trustfire protected batts from madvapes for approx 11.50 shipped and you'll be bottom feeding for just over 40 bucks (you'll need a charger as well, I happen to already have one). I am getting mine in the mail today so I can let you know later what I think of it first hand.

Here is his sale thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...goat-mods-original-3-7-bottomfeeder-sale.html

It appears he is out of the white box, but is still offering the deal with a black box.

oldgoatmods.com for his website to see some pics and what he has to offer.

4. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    for 45.00, i've put in a pre-order for the updated boge revolution2.1. 1400mah battery size now. paul has a good price on these in the vendor section

5. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

+1 for the old goat. I got one from him about a month ago. It's a fully functional small bottom feeder - and I think he is still selling them to ECF users for 30 bucks. That's a deal that's hard to beat for sure. It came with 2 bottles and 2 needle assemblies. It works great.

6. JTman

Updated one already? And $45 is a great price! I'll have to track down that thread

7. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  8. banjo

banjo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree with those that suggested the Old Goat mod. It is small, inexpensive, and reliable.

9. JTman

Thanks for the link tybin.

So I am back from lunch with my new OG 3.7v bottom feeder with a 14500 Trustfire 900mah protected battery firing FSUSA hypnotic mist 24mg on a 1.5ohm LR eastmall 510 and I must say its a darn fine vape! It is smaller than I thought it would be! Closing my fist around the device covers everything except about half the atty and the driptip.

Its my first handmade mod so I cant really compare build quality with anything else. Once I filled the bottle and put the battery in it feels pretty solid.

Just thought I would share my first impressions

10. Delilah718

Delilah718 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    hi thegrindre, you might like the ReoMini:

Here's a link to the website: reosmods.com
    Here's a link to photos: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/152837-reo-family-photos.html

Pros: simple, elegant, no fuss, no problem
    Cons: Vape is so awesome, you'll want more Reos

You're welcome to view my photo album as well: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/delilah718-albums-my-lil-reo-family.html

I hope you find the perfect pv for you :)

EDIT: Also, if you have any questions please post at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/95123-reo-lounge-reo-grand-opening-sale.html where everyone will be happy to answer your questions :)

11. banjo

banjo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you don't mind spending about $130, the REO Mini is, by far, the best bottom feed mod that you can buy. Well designed, solidly built, easy to use, and it is super reliable.

12. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I totally agree that the REO Mini should be considered for your purchase. If the lowest price of a functional bottom feeder mod is what you have in mind then the Old Goat might just do it for you.
    If you would like to spend more and get a PV that will last, you just might want to look at the REO. It uses a 3ml bottle, and the recommended battery is the AW IMR 14500 600mAh. You can use atomizer, or cartos on the REO.
    Height: 3-1/8"
    Width: 1-1/2"
    Depth: 3/4"

Pros: Aluminum (aircraft specs), all mechanical, compact, reliable, customer service is excellent

Cons: It does cost more than a plastic bottom feeder

[​IMG]

13. BiffRocko

BiffRocko Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

+1 for the Reo. I have a grand and am going to purchase a mini.

14. silentt

silentt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes another +1 for the Reo, I vape the Grand everyday and I love it.

I recently bought a Phidias though, it's beautiful and vapes great but my Grand is still my favorite.

15. mlinky

mlinky ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    +1 for the REO Mini, the best juice box made. I have small hands and can easily stealth my REO Mini. A batch will be going up on the site tomorrow at 7:00 PM eastern.

16. silentt

silentt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

well mlinky I have big hands and I need a big BOY vaporizer :) lol

jk btw, the Mini is great too, I just loved the 18650 and 6ml juice capacity of the Grand

17. fray

fray Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

+1 for reo mini or grand.

It may not be light weight like a plastic one, but it is worth it. Every last cent.

18. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oh you people with your metal mods.....have you not learned anything from the Terminator Movies...sheesh. [​IMG]

:)

19. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Only to expect the unexpected!!!!!!

20. yeebiz

yeebiz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My first choice would be the Reo Mini. My personal favorite mod. But Old goat mods deserve consideration. It is hard to argue with a $30 juice feeder that is lightweight and performs like a champ. He is currently having a $30 special on the standard 3.7v bottom feeder. I have two Old Goat mods and a 6v version and vv version on order. For those four mods, it was the price of my Reo Mini.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.