"I'm not looking for a hobby"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Yep, that's what I told the guy at the vape shop. So much for that! I was initially looking for something to replace my Vuse e-cig and I had read quite a bit about them and how they are pretty roundly panned. But they were the best e-cig I had had up to that point, I just got REALLY sick of buy carts and the hit or miss performance.

So I picked up and EVOD2 starter kit and was surprised at how much better these seemed to work. Within a couple of days I was finding more information and moved to what I'm using right now.

vaping scratches a ton of itches for me, there's the fact that I like to smoke (but I'd prefer not to have it kill me). There's a ton of cool tech involved with it, and the flavors are super nice compared to what's available in the "cig-alike" segment.

So here I am! Thanks in advance for all the information and patience. Looks like a nice little community.

Yea, I was not looking for "a hobby" ether when I started. Then the calculator showed that "cigalikes" were not saving much (if any) money, next came the overly expensive juice and factory coils - both had to go. If only I stopped collecting tanks and mods... (sigh)

Welcome!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Yea, I was not looking for "a hobby" ether when I started. Then the calculator showed that "cigalikes" were not saving much (if any) money, next came the overly expensive juice and factory coils - both had to go. If only I stopped collecting tanks and mods... (sigh)

My first cig-a-like claimed I could spend $500 a year on e-cigs instead of $4000 on tobacco.

They also said one cartomizer refill was 40 cigarettes.
    and the battery would 'do' 300 puffs.

All of which was total lies... :lol:

That brand (in the UK) is more expensive than smoking, unless you can live with the cravings and having 2 or 3 batteries charging 24/7.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Whilst I'm not glad Australia has laws against the over-the-counter sale of e-liquids with nicotine, I suppose I must appreciate it as it saved me from cigalike products sold at local tobacconists.

Cig-a-likes are considered by many to be a necessary gateway into better products. I sort of agree, but in my line of work I meet a lot of people who spent £25 on a plastic fake cigarette, the charger and a refill or two, tried Vaping and decided it was total poop.
    For every person who went on and bought a good e-cig there are as many, if not more, who say e-cigs are rubbish, don't work and are just a money making exercise.

or, like me; I asked for some help from the "internet search engine of choice" and then got mugged to the tune of hundreds of $$ by the scam brands.
    Googling "best e-cig UK" cost me $800 and nearly my job and marriage.

Then I found the forums. Job done. :)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I wasn't looking for a hobby either but...I can't stay away from the political part. I want to see the tobacco age over, finished. Then I figured out the money that can be saved by switching is as important as feeling better for a lot of people with not so much money to spend, so, how to have a high quality vape for very little money and how to help other people get there with less work than I did. That's my version of the hobby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread