Not open for further replies.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Welcome.

About only advice I can give is to cut down the nic in your juice until you no longer crave it, then ween yourself off the hand to mouth aspect with something like candy or (shudder) willpower.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Get down to 0nic and buy a bag of sucker sticks to chew on. You can find them in baking aisle or sometimes in craft section. Helps with hand to mouth habit. Once when I was trying the patch I chewed those cinnamon red hots during work breaks. Odd, but they helped. Good luck.

Reactions: stols001

Scott Allen

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 23, 2017
berrsmilk.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

fluttershy85

Apr 28, 2017
I'm using the innokin disruptor with the vapeston Magnus. The liquid is 6 mg. I head outside say 3 times an hour.

I couldn't vape yesterday for like 3 and a half hours due to a family lunch, and I didn't do anything. I just sat there. I thought about it, but it was manageable.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Fluttershy, if you are into crafting at all, I find knitting to be a good distraction from hand to mouth. I do it while watching TV, in boring meetings, etc. You might try a new hobby-- I'd recommend an instrument you blow through, you'll get the inhalation effect. Woodwind section? You'll be distracted, I promise, and learning a new instrument is fun.

Ultimately though, you're going to need your own distractions, maybe sitting down and making a list of things you find enjoyable and distracting might help.

I'm a fan of cinnamon sticks to chew on to deal with hand to mouth. No calories, but taste, and the ability to kind of nibble at the cinnamon stick (you can find these in the spices section, often, you don't nee a huge amount of them) or a straw to suck through, bend, chew on, etc., again, for the hand to mouth thing.

You may have a tough few days, but it's my belief that quitting vaping has to be easier than quitting smoking. I base that on the amount of time I can go without vaping if I have to. You may have an ugly first few days, or you may be pleasantly surprised. I might want to go slightly lower on the nic for a week or two, but you certainly don't HAVE to.

Best of luck,

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a nice, supportive group of coworkers, and my boss's mom died of lung cancer. I can walk and chew gum at the same time.... Nobody minds, in fact, it's encouraged. :) I was also talking about AA meetings, but eh.

Either way, I know I'm lucky. Not everyone would respond this way, but my team certainly does. They're thrilled for me, actually. :)

Anna

ETA: I have a coworker who colors mandalas during our long, boring meetings, that's also fine. LOL, they're 4 hours long twice a week, and really, really boring. My pal started this because she'd get a bit overwhelmed and cranky by the end of it. But we're a group of therapists at a Native Tribe, we don't stress such matters, we know we have to have the meetings, but none of us love them....

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Good stuff. That sounds like a comfortable position for you to be in.
As long as your boss didn't have his/her mums passing recently.

You be careful chewing gum and walking at the same time.
You've given up one deadly habit and replaced it with another.
I heard walking and chewing can be as dangerous as running with scissors!
You take it easy ;)

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Yikes!

Straws and pens have helped in the past, the hand to mouth was always what got to me the worst. Find a hobby, coloring or crafting or something to keep your hands busy. These days those silly fidget spinners might help. I steal them from my kids and have a good time spinning them around :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread