The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I think I'm done with this site

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by John1952, Aug 16, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. John1952

John1952 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    United States
    And that's a good thing!

I've been vaping for 6 months, and I'm now totally and completely done with my 40-year cig habit. I feel great, and the addiction is 100% obliterated.

I used to check this site many times per day. But now I visit about once a week -- and I rarely read any posts.

I realize that there are many folks here who consider vaping a hobby, and spend their time researching various devices. That's cool. But I think I'm at the point where I've found what works for me, and I'm ready to cut my ties with this great forum.

I really appreciate all of the great advice I've gotten here. But now I don't need it any more! Again, that's a good thing.

I wish you all the best success in quitting the evil stink stinks. I really didn't think it would be this easy.

2. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's awesome for you. We are here of course if you have any future questions.

As for me I check the site a few times a day. I'm on the hobby side of the fence.

3. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Big Congratulations to you !!
    What a wonderful feeling huh !
    Wishing you all the best...

4. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    If ya ever get lonely...

[​IMG]

...we'll leave da light on fer ya! [​IMG]

5. jonnypanic

jonnypanic Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2012
    Arlington, VA
    Right on, congratulations.

6. kalifornia

kalifornia Senior Member ECF Veteran

7. SteveDTF

SteveDTF Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2012
    Fullerton, CA
    Enjoy the rest of your smoke-free life!

8. Pappy

Pappy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    Congrats. You've achieved what I strive for. I love this forum, but I long for the day when I no longer need to puff on anything.

9. Gloria

Gloria Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    midwest
    Happy for you John! Enjoy your freedom!!!

10. base234

base234 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2011
    Over the edge...
    Then why don't you tell us what works for you before you split, John?:facepalm:

11. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Good Deal John…

I like hearing how someone came to the ECF, got some Good Advice and was able to Quit Smoking.

Maybe down the road If you get some free time on your hands, perhaps you can drop by and Answer a Newbie Question or Two.

Take Care of yourself.

12. JAY73

JAY73 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    CLEBURNE TX
    so long see ya dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...
    but for real good for you and may god always bless you and yours good luck...

13. John1952

John1952 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    United States
    Sure. My setup is really nothing special. I tried a bunch of devices, but settled on a Provari, with Boge cartos. I have like 25 bottles of juice on hand. I just fill a carto with one of them, and keep topping it off until it doesn't taste good or I get tired of the taste. One carto usually last about 2-3 days. Then I throw it away and start another. I'm averaging about 15 mg nic in the juice nowadays.

I work out of the house, so a biggie like the Provari doesn't matter. But when I go out in public the Provari is a bit too conspicuous so I'll take an eGo in case I feel the need to inhale some nic.

I take, probably 50-60 hits during the day. At this point, I'm not sure if I need the nicotine, or just enjoy the inhale/exhale thing. In any case, I don't think it's harming me, and I have no desire to stop vaping. But I'm not smoking the cigs, and I have ZERO desire to do so. And I like some of the flavors -- but I still haven't found one that I can vape for more than a few days at time.

I can truly understand the interest in vaping as a hobby. I resisted that all along, and just focused on my minimal needs to find a cig substitute. I kept detailed expense records, and now I'm actually saving money by vaping rather than smoking. It took a while to get to that point but, now the savings are for real. There's no magic formula for quitting, though. Everyone has to follow their own path: Do the research, spend the money, and decide what works.

14. TulsaClint

TulsaClint Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2012
    Tulsa
    Thanks for the helpful insight and take care.

15. Jetmec

Jetmec Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2010
    SC
    I went away for about 3 months thinking the same thing, But checked back in about 3 weeks ago and found so much new stuff I am hooked on the site again.

16. stv4SC

stv4SC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2012
    Pasadena CA
    Ok goodbye good luck. Vape on. It is hardcre hobby for mah. Plus I like to vape and drip flavors. ProVari rules. Until my
    Caravela arrives.

17. Trilly

Trilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2011
    Derbyshire, UK
    What a wonderful post John, I wish you all the best and congratulations, you won the battle against the stinky sticks.

Just remember we're here for us should you need us or just fancy saying hi.

All the best and take care. xxx

18. cozzicon

cozzicon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    Chicago IL
    Congratulations!!!!!

See you in a few months.

19. JakeTheV&pe

JakeTheV&pe Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    Winchester UK
    All the best!, and a very positive post for us all that there is light at the end of the tunnel!, the fact you have no desire for analogs is briliant in itself.

Again all the verry best and I am sure you know everyone will still be here if you need anything.

J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.