Inline voltage testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I recently got a got a meter for testing voltages under load. I tested my egos. All of them I have either gotten on clearance, either recently, or months ago, and been using since, so I realize that may influence the voltages. The test results for my ego minis are different from the unregulated readings I was expecting. They seem to be regulated.

Here is what I gather about my different egos, if I am to believe the readings:

Two Vision 400mah egos both 3.2v full charge and 3.2v partial charge. (seems regulated, but can it really be 3.2?)

Two smoktek 350mah egos both reading 3.4v full charge and partial charge. (Seems regulated 3.4v.)

One joyetech ego-c 650mah reading 3.5v full charge and partial charge. (Seems regulated 3.5v.)

One Joyetech ego-c 650mah reads 3.4v full and partial charge. (Seems regulated 3.4v.)

One Joyetech ego-c upgrade in regulated mode reads 3.3v full and partial charge, and in unregulated mode, 3.7v full charge and dropping as charge decreases. (What I was expecting.)

The smokteks and Joye test between 4.01v and 4.10v fully charged, except for the ego-c upgrade (4.24v), so it's obvious they are not in new, fully chargeable condition.

The Visions give strange results testing without a load. Start low, go higher then lower.

Can I assume those minis are regulated? The reason I say the readings weren't what I expected is that I had read that all of those were unregulated. However, I bought the inline tester because it sure didn't seem like I was getting 3.7v from them ever, and didn't experience anything that felt like a drop off.

One smoktek emax 650 vv/vw doesn't seem to test either inline or not. I gather that's because of the vv/vw circuitry, but not sure.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Interesting.... I know early Joye eGos (before eGo-t and eGo-c/upgrade) ran @3.1-3.2V underload... see the old 'Battery Surprise' thread by Scottbee. Later eGos were generally seen at 3.4V underload. The Riva SE's were a full 3.7v for most of the charge and imo, that prompted Joye to make the upgrade batt which had both the regulated and unregulated modes. Not sure of the knockoffs, clones, Kanger or Vision batts.....

Reactions: nicnik

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Interesting.... I know early Joye eGos (before eGo-t and eGo-c/upgrade) ran @3.1-3.2V underload... see the old 'Battery Surprise' thread by Scottbee. Later eGos were generally seen at 3.4V underload. The Riva SE's were a full 3.7v for most of the charge and imo, that prompted Joye to make the upgrade batt which had both the regulated and unregulated modes. Not sure of the knockoffs, clones, Kanger or Vision batts.....

Thanks, Kent. I'm actually glad those ego minis are regulated. I was reluctant to buy them, 'cause I was looking for ones that were regulated and thought those weren't. It looked to me that there weren't any regulated, so I bought the four of them.

Reactions: Kent C

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks, Kent. I'm actually glad those ego minis are regulated. I was reluctant to buy them, 'cause I was looking for ones that were regulated and thought those weren't. It looked to me that there weren't any regulated, so I bought the four of them.

:thumb:

I have one:

149646662.jpg

... great for stealth vaping :) I've never tested it though. After for years of eGos I've went to small regulated box mods.... Early on, there were some but all mech and some of the batts back then just didn't hold up well. But I always like the feel of a small box mod. Now, they're booming. I like the Heatvape Defender the best.....

Reactions: nicnik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread