Is it possible to lower nic level without cutting/mixing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErickaH

Apr 7, 2016
So about a month ago I dropped my nic level from 6 to 3. I ordered a bottle of liquid online but when I ordered they didn't have a 3 and they also didn't have any 0 only 6, (close out sale) I assumed that with it being a higher nic level I'd just vape less and it wouldn't be a problem. I was wrong I've been coughing with every hit. I remember reading before that leaving a bottle open to breathe was actually a bad thing to do because nicotine is volatile and will break down. I've also heard that trying to speed steep a juice in a warm water bath also makes some of the nicotine break down. Can I make some of the nicotine in this juice "evaporate" away, or is there some other way to lower the nic content without cutting the juice with some VG? I don't want to weaken the flavor. Also, this is a juice I've vapped several times before so I'm pretty confident the cause of the coughing is the nic and not anything else in the juice. I don't know if they've changed any ingredients, it tastes as good as other bottles I've had and the ingredients just say PG/VG flavorings and nic, so it's not helpful

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't think you can reduce nic through evaporation like that - certainly not in any controlled or quick way.
Can you NOW buy some Zero-nic version of the SAME juice?
Because if you like it, and you can, then you can mix 0-nic and 6-mg equal volumes and have 3-mg juice of full strength flavor...

Also, you might TRY mixing in VG - if you vape that for a while, you might find that your taste buds "adjust" and that it won't seem diluted after a couple days...

Reactions: Nermal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread