is there such a thing as a juice sampling dripper thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonB.

May 15, 2017
Basically just a encased coil with a mouthpiece that you can drip e-juice on and is meant for sampling juices. tasting the drops on the back of my hand does not seem to work for me. and I have an e-juice flavor snob for a friend. He won't test anything new because it will taint his cotton.

side question the nicotine in e-juices does not have a flavor? how I understand it is that it just adds to the throat hit.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Some people use a single coil RDA for testing. RDA=rebuildable dripping atomizer
These lil guys work good
SM20, if you can find one.
1358704-1.jpg

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Any rda (dripper) that has the same type of deck/airflow/coil build as your RTA, rdta ect. I use velocity deck RTA so I found a rda with velocity deck to test any/all liquids. I build same coil/ohms ect. I only change wicking when I change flavors.
Nicotine can help with throat hit but I've also experienced that higher pg content of liquid the more throat hit I get. I've heard that a supplier of nicotine, unknown to myself, has a peppery taste to the nicotine they offer so not all nicotine is created equal.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Basically just a encased coil with a mouthpiece that you can drip e-juice on and is meant for sampling juices. tasting the drops on the back of my hand does not seem to work for me. and I have an e-juice flavor snob for a friend. He won't test anything new because it will taint his cotton.

There's nothing better than a mini single coil RDA for testing flavor/juice, something like this might work $2.22 RDA Mini Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.0mL) - 2.4Ω / green at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

side question the nicotine in e-juices does not have a flavor? how I understand it is that it just adds to the throat hit.

Most fresh (clear) nic has a very subtle pepper flavor but unless you're mixing high ratio nic juice it shouldn't be a concern. As nic begins to oxidize (will begin turning shades of pink or yellow depending on how it was manufactured) the flavor it imparts in juice may increase. Some nic is smoother than others so if you want minimal taste/TH be selective of the vendor you buy from. There's a really long thread in the DIY forum that discusses nic comparisons, skip to the end for recent posts. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/posts/6150445/ Nic -is- the primary ingredient responsible for TH in juice. A high PG ratio enhances TH, a high VG ratio subdues it.

Reactions: mattiem

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Igo-L is a good cheap single coil dripper.

Youde UD IGO-L Rebuildable Atomizer

Back in the good old days, I used to use a bottom coil cartomizer with the cotton pulled out. But that was 5 years ago. I think I would just use a dripper today.

If you have ever tried nicotine gum or lozenges...well, that is the taste of nicotine. Peppery, maybe...hard to explain taste.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
There are still some of the old school 510 short attys around. DFWVapor has the JoyeTech ones now for $2.99 each. TheVaporRoom.net has some JoyeTech eGo threaded Mega Cone Shaped attys in 2 different resistances = 80 cents each. For the cone shaped ones you need their Type A Mega Drip Tips, too, which are a whole 10 cents each now.

If you don't mind rewicking, I picked up 3 of the little IGO-L RDAs, too, that Grimwald referenced above. I got mine from FT for dirt cheap.

Reactions: Eskie

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
dont know if they still make them ... but its called a bridgeless atomizer. Looks like a "Blu" cartridge with a small coil, no wick. Add a drop or 2 of juice and taste test, after about 3-5 puffs, its empty.

Bridgeless 510 Atomizer | SmokTek.com

I use a bridgeless 510 atomizer occasionally for testing juices. It's not a completely true indication of the flavor you'll get in a tank, but it works for judging flavor development during steeping. The good part is that they have a sealed bottom to prevent leakage into your mod.

KP Long Barrel Sealed Atomizer

I've thought about ordering a short barrel dripping atomizer for DIY testing.

Reactions: Eskie

JasonB.

May 15, 2017
he uses those premade coil head things that cost 7-10 bucks a pop and only last a week if you're careful. I kinda hate those. I have a coil I rolled and it lasted 2 weeks so far and I have swapped out the cotton once. I think I will try and get him hooked on a rebuildable drip tank next month. so he can save some money.

Anyways thank you guys for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread