It is known that Cotton is white so why Japanese cotton not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed Elhawary

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2014
Egypt
I have this question, natural cotton as known is white so why Japanese cotton looks that color?
there is a pharmacy which sell organic white color cotton (it's not about money but why this cotton cheaper than Japanese cotton) and is it good to use pharmacy cotton or not?
thanks in advanced
Cotton.jpg

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    there is a pharmacy which sell organic white color cotton (it's not about money but why this cotton cheaper than Japanese cotton) and is it good to use pharmacy cotton or not.

I used to go to the natural food store to get organic cotton. The last time I went to Walgreens, they had some there; works just fine. They're about $3/pack.

Evidently, there's money to be made off of Japanese cotton.

450.jpg

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    I can't understand what the big deal is with this expensive Japanese cotton that is so popular now with folks that vape?

Japan is not even a cotton producing region of the world, however, they are a big [importer] of cotton from the US.

I am happy with good ol' American cotton that is grown, produced and sold by American companies right here in the US of A!

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    Severna Park MD
    Japan is not even a cotton producing region of the world, however, they are a big [importer] of cotton from the US.

I am happy with good ol' American cotton that is grown, produced and sold by American companies right here in the US of A!

That's exactly what I was thinking. WTF?

SLvapor

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2015
    Houston
    Try it and you'll probably like it. Look up pbusardo cotton test (not scientific and pretty ghetto). Cotton balls have the fibers all mixed but ... cotton pads are all alined. Up to you my experience I started with organic, went ..., not going back. You can get a huge pack muji for like 6 bucks.. it's not that expensive

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    I can't understand what the big deal is with this expensive Japanese cotton that is so popular now with folks that vape?

For one thing, the Koh Gen Do organic Japanese cotton pads are all oriented in the same direction.

This makes for better wicking.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I used to go to the natural food store to get organic cotton. The last time I went to Walgreens, they had some there; works just fine. They're about $3/pack.

Evidently, there's money to be made off of Japanese cotton.

450.jpg

I've got some of those, the first organic cotton I tried, and for flavor, they're just as good as the japanese cotton pads. The only real advantage of the cotton pads is 1) they do wick better and faster so if you use thick juice, the cotton pads work better, and 2) they're faster and easier to get a wick from.

My Shiseido cotton pads are white; the KGD are off-white. I really prefer the Shiseido; to me they taste better, and they break in faster... and I think they cost less.

Andria

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Try it and you'll probably like it. Look up pbusardo cotton test (not scientific and pretty ghetto). Cotton balls have the fibers all mixed but ... cotton pads are all alined. Up to you my experience I started with organic, went ..., not going back. You can get a huge pack muji for like 6 bucks.. it's not that expensive

I had the same experience. There is also rayon which also has the fibers aligned if you buy the right type.

Coming back to natural cotton color, I never knew there was such a thing as naturally colored cotton. And this is nothing new. Thought to have originated in the Americas 5,000 years ago.

Who woulda thunk it :unsure:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    I have this question, natural cotton as known is white so why Japanese cotton looks that color?

Did you not pay attention in history class? About 75 years ago the Japanese were all like "Hey America, we're gonna kick your ...!" and then they sucker punched us when we weren't looking. And America was all like "Dude! Oh no you didn't! You want to mess with America? I'm gonna box Hitlers ears in with my right hand while I give you the smack down with my left!" And the Japanese were all like "Ya, well bring it big boy." So we turned Tokyo into a fire storm and turned two other Japanese cities into irradiated apocalyptic wasteland and the Japanese were all like "Dude, we give! We give! Let us make you nice TV's! We're sorry!" Do you really think after the heat we rained down on them that their cotton would be white? No way baby, that's the USA aftermath still at work.

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Sally salon coil cotton also has the fibers aligned. Under $4 for 45 feet.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Did you not pay attention in history class? About 75 years ago the Japanese were all like "Hey America, we're gonna kick your ...!" and then they sucker punched us when we weren't looking. And America was all like "Dude! You want to mess with America? I'm gonna box Hitlers ears in with my right hand while I give you the smack down with my left!" And the Japanese were all like "Ya, well bring it big boy." So we turned Tokyo into a fire storm and turned two other Japanese cities into irradiated apocalyptic wasteland and the Japanese were all like "Dude, we give! We give! Let us make you nice TV's! We're sorry!" Do you really think after the heat we rained down on them that their cotton would be white? No way baby, that's the USA aftermath still at work.

ROFL!!!

My favorite bits: "I'm gonna box Hitlers ears in with my right hand while I give you the smack down with my left!" (are we the first in history to fight a war on 2 fronts... and WIN?) and of course "Let us make you nice TV's!" But don't forget about the great cameras! :D :lol:

Andria

SLvapor

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2015
    Houston
    Sally salon coil cotton also has the fibers aligned. Under $4 for 45 feet.

I've heard good things might try when I get low on the Japanese.. 60 pads and I use like one-two month atm though

Maybe buying the gf a pv will speed use... Unfortunately she's firm that a vape isn't an Xmas present lol least she doesn't smoke :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread