Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I was off a bit.I think i seen someone mention a #6 worked,the ones i have are #5 which are 3/8" od x 1/4" id x 1/16 thick.I got a pack of 10 from Lowes for like $2 or so.They work very well,they fit up inside the top of the cap,and make a good seal against the bottle,which provides the good leak free seal that a $6 bottle should of had in the first place.In the mean time though,the Mr Clean mops are very absorbent haha.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I remember hearing of a certain o-ring size that makes the Italian Super Softs seal better. Does anyone know the size?
Thanks
Is this the FIB, Fancy Italian Bottle or the Sunbox BFX Super Soft Bottles? If its the FIB, have you watched the video on setting up the bottle so it will seal?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I did the pinch & squeeze when my Fancy Italian Bottles were new to seal the threads & haven't had any leaks.
I did all 3 of mine several times,they would seal perfectly right after doing it,but after putting them in a mod,i would be lucky to get 2 sqounks before they lost the seal and i'd have to pull them out and do it again.After doing this probably 20 times,i was ready to throw them in the trash,luckily i found the o-rings worked perfectly the first time,and have had no issues since then.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Are you sure you're tightening the cap clockwise? Sometimes when I'm drinking....

Yeah... pretty sure. I tried the squeeze 'n seal method many times. To be fair, a lot of my SS bottles are pretty old and have been squonked many, many times. Most of them didn't start leaking until they had some miles on them.

Reactions: KentA

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
I recently bought some soft squonk bottles from "ModMaker" in the UK. They are very similar to the Italian bottles but have a knurled top cap and come complete with a 1mm x 10mm o/d x 5mm I/d silicon washer.
I've tried one of the washers in a leaky Italian bottle and they do work.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I recently bought some soft squonk bottles from "ModMaker" in the UK. They are very similar to the Italian bottles but have a knurled top cap and come complete with a 1mm x 10mm o/d x 5mm I/d silicon washer.
I've tried one of the washers in a leaky Italian bottle and they do work.
How are those bottles?Are they fairly close to being as soft?The shipping is a bit high to the U.S.,but the bottle prices are better,and if they seal better,then i may have to order some.

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
How are those bottles?Are they fairly close to being as soft?The shipping is a bit high to the U.S.,but the bottle prices are better,and if they seal better,then i may have to order some.

Yes they are as soft but you can feel the seam going down each side.
I haven't got around to using one yet but just doing an air test, they don't seem to leak air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread