Sep 10, 2012
Oregon

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
have you went to the plumbing section in lowes? or home depot? I know it sounds funny, but I have already fixed an innokin svd and changed a few o-rings on drip tips. and pretty sure you can carry it in there and compare size. I think a 10 pack is 2.50$ and generally speaking they are better built just saying

hope this helps

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
have you went to the plumbing section in lowes? or home depot? I know it sounds funny, but I have already fixed an innokin svd and changed a few o-rings on drip tips. and pretty sure you can carry it in there and compare size. I think a 10 pack is 2.50$ and generally speaking they are better built just saying

hope this helps

I thought about that but when you remove them from the Atty they have been stretched a bit, and wanted to make sure of getting the correct sizes.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
Bam...

Get a few man, he took all the headache out of sizing things, and some parts are pure upgrades!

http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/uploads/3/2/5/6/3256800/9585830_orig.jpg?205?6330591?6842892

This would be great if I needed those extra parts. Also I am trying to not go the route of a package type of thing, but want to get O rings. I ran into an issue with one of my O rings failing and leakage. I do not want to be caught without O rings going forward.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I thought about that but when you remove them from the Atty they have been stretched a bit, and wanted to make sure of getting the correct sizes.

I'm a regular at Lowes, the guys are used to me walking in with a piece of gear and popping open packages until I find the right one's. As long as you put everything back the way you found it they are real cool about it. I had one guy stand around and shoot the breeze with me about vaping. Was still a smoker when I left, I hope I turned him :)

Last edited:

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
exactly Marc. I am telling you, you can buy everything you need at lowes or home depot. might take you 30 minutes, but you leave the store with what you need plus extra. buy from a b&m and you will pay 2.50 for 1 o-ring. buy from lowes and you will get a 10 pack for the same price. they also have the nut and bolt section...you can replace almost any part you need when it comes down to it. just have to be willing to take the time to go look for yourself.

but hey, its your mod, your money, vape on and vape strong. I mean no offense just trying to help fellow vapors

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I have better luck at Ace Hardware than I do at either HD or Lowes. Ace has drawers of both metric and fractional sized o rings.

You are so right Rule and sadly the one by me closed. The landlord thought he could gouge the company by jacking up their rent. Thought he had them right where he wanted them and now it sits empty, for months. They had a great line of stainless also as well and all the bizarre stuff no one else carried.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
This would be great if I needed those extra parts. Also I am trying to not go the route of a package type of thing, but want to get O rings. I ran into an issue with one of my O rings failing and leakage. I do not want to be caught without O rings going forward.
If you plan on using it regualarly, you will eventually.

And you are paying him for also finding out the sizes of those o-rings.
Do your own footwork to circumvent price then...o-rings differ so much. So you really want to stand in a hardware store trying of 3 diff sizes of o-rings x how ever many attempts it takes to nail it?
And that kit is an upgrade, i.e. better parts than what you'rs came with...if it's a clone that is.
Ss block, instead of chromed brass.

EDIT: All I could find..."Tank 1mm width x 19mm id
Chimmney: dash# 008
Drip tip: 1mm width x 10mm id"

Last edited:

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
Thanks to all that chimed in to give ideas. I have a ACE two blocks away and a Lowes about a mile away. I will give it a go and just take it in there. If not I will revisit this later. :)

I'm assuming as long as their Silicon they should be good "Standard silicones are resistant to water (to 100°C), aliphatic engine and transmission oils and animal and plant oils and fats. Static seals in extreme temperature situations. Seals for medical devices, compatible with FDA regulations." , or would HNBR 70 O-Rings be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread