iTaste MVP Pro or iStick 50W

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherOfCats

Jun 23, 2015
Ohio
I am trying to decide between between the Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro or the eleaf istick 50W

Personally I like the way the iTaste looks, but I can't really say which one would be a better set up. I only have an EVOD battery right now, but I want to upgrade as soon as I get the money.

Anyone have either? Or both? What are pros and cons from real users? I can read reviews whatnot until I'm cross-eyed but I would love to chat with someone who actually has used one.

serene.in.dallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Well from reading you already know the differences in specs such as battery and size. Ive used both, belonged to other people, and liked the feel of the istick better in my hand. Has a little bit more battery as well. Not to mention it can adjust wattage in tenths whereas the mvp does it in half watts. But if youve read alot about them you already have read some of the problems with them. Which did i choose? Mvp 3.0 pro. I liked the feel and battery life of the istick better but i really wont need all that battery in one day, i always charge at night. I mainly went with the mvp because its 10 higher watts, which i will need, and i like the quality of innokin products. I got it from dnavapor for $45 shipped with a $10 coupon readily available online. Should have it monday. Do you have a nearby shop where you can hold and play with them both?

I have had my 3.0 for awhile and I love it. It is super durable, takes falls like a champ, and it has an awesome battery life. I can usually get two days of heavy vaping on my 3.0 without it dying. Also, I like that in a pinch I can charge my phone from it. I have not used an Istick, just thought I would share my experience with the mvp.

Reactions: MotherOfCats

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I have both and like both. While the MVP 3 Pro does have the advantage of 10 more watts, I personally prefer the iStick 50 because of the smaller size. The iStick 50 also has the rounded edges while the MVP 3 Pro has sharper edges, so the iStick 50 fits more comfortably in my hand. There has also been some reported issues with the iStick 50 (autofiring, one has been reported here as catching on fire, although I have had zero issues with mine) so if that worries you, then choosing the MVP 3 Pro would be a good choice.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd go with the MVP Pro. Innokin is a very reputable brand and makes products built to last the test of time.

The Eleaf iSticks are new to the market and their durability and reliability are not tested over time. The iStick 50 in particular has had numerous issues as mentioned, most notably alarming autofire issues and catching on fire. Also, Eleaf has not been honoring any vendor warranties unless purchased directly through Eleaf. Eleaf has said there are a lot of clones now on the market.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Given those 2 choices, I would say MVP Pro. It's pricier, bigger and heavier. It's also very rectangular so it doesn't feel as good in hand. The iStick 50 has had more than it's share of problems and some are dangerous.

Depending on your vaping style and cash, the iStick 30w might be a good choice. Very few problems reported. Very portable and inexpensive.

Reactions: Baditude

KennedyKills

Jul 3, 2015
WI
I actually just received my mvp3 pro in the mail today and loving it so far. Innokin builds a solid product and it will be a good complement to my mech mod when I'm going to be out all day and need the extra battery life without hauling around batteries and chargers.

From the research that I did before I bought mine, it sounded like the istick 50s had a fair share of issues when they came out. Sounds like a lot of them were resolved but it still made me leery about getting one.

Reactions: Baditude

Seattle444

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Everett, Wa
I have a friend who has went through 3 Isticks and I talked him into getting a MVP because I have been using 1 about a month now and its by far a better product. The MVP is built to last and Innokin stands behind their products. Its a shame Istick can't say the same. MVP Pro is by far the better product.

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
I was actually considering both of these mods at one time but ended up getting an XPro M80 insted. Mostly because I read a lot of bad reviews for the iStick (fire button sticking, failing to take a charge, etc) and the MVP didn't seem that appealing to me. The Xpro has a little less battery life than the iStick (4000 mah vs 4400) but it can fire up to 80W and does 1/10th increments similar to the MVP. For $10 more than the iStick I'd say it's a sweet deal.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
I got my istick 50w back in march and used it exclusively up until a couple weeks ago. I wanted more power to make bigger builds, so I got a sigelei 150w. Even having the sigelei, I almost always take the istick with me when i go fishing. It has plenty of power to run the subtank mini i take with me while fishing. It is small, and has never given me any issues. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread