itaste MVP settings for tanks with High VG liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harryinny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Syracuse NY
Hi,

I am stopping by to ask for some advice on my gear, carto's Ohms and voltage and the like. I use a light colored 80-85% VG based liquid because of bad sensitivity to PG(was getting nose sores and stuff like that) My problem is this, I use standard Ohm Boog carto,s for my tanks(AVG) and even with the graph i am confused about the wattage, voltage and even if i should be using standard Ohm catrto's and (heads for my Kanger) with the high VG liquid? I have no issues with flow(i punch my own holes) the carto's are always wet and heres the problem. I was using a bit darker liquid with standard ohm carto's and has no problem with a 8.5 volt setting on the itaste at 2.8-3.0 Ohm useing 3.8 to 4.1 watts is it? or am i turned around here? Anyways, what do you folks think is my best course seeing i have limited money and have 2 boxes of standard 2.6-3.0 carto's and heads in supply At what settings should i be using the itaste at because im getting frustrated with the carto's lasting a week but the kanger heads lasting weeks. Any thoughts on the settings would be fantastic, should i have the itaste set at higher voltage than 8.5? and mess with the 3.3-5.6 setting? i could use some advice on this seeing i really have no way to replace what carto's i have until i have a little extra $$ to order something else.

Thanks for reading and advice would be priceless.

Harry

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hi Harry,

First, you set either VV or VW on your device. Most pick VW mode as it's a little easier - and automatically provides the correct voltage for different ohm toppers. With VV mode, any change in resistance means you'll be changing the voltage for the same vape. (Although different flavors may well be better at different levels anyway, so may want a change in watts.)

In general, just work the power up in steps until you're happy with the vape. Life of the carto will vary, and I'm sure you're aware that too high a power level will burn the filler, and then it's replacement time anyway. But BCCs like your kanger generally have a lot more air flow, so can run at higher power levels.

There's really no "one size fits all" setting in vape-land. We all have different tastes and styles. And a week on a carto doesn't sound like they're under-performing. (But it's been a long time since I've used them!) Darker juices do tend to gunk coils faster than lighter ones, same for very sweet flavors, quick to gunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread