Golden Colorado
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

freeindeed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
California, USA
I live in a teeny little CA coastal town and I am the only vapor I know of here...I get LOTS of strange looks from strangers, and lots of comments on it not being any better than smoking, why don't I quit for real, etc. from the people I know. And the friends I have that are smokers love to tell me that when THEY quit, they will quit cold turkey, not "cheat" like me lol. This while they puff away on the cancer sticks. Anyway, I know what you mean about feeling alone. And I vape everywhere I go, I don't really try to hide it. I think someday it will become more accepted, and people will understand the difference. Well, I hope so, anyway. Hang in there and know that you are doing something awesome for your health and your life! :)

Last edited:

FattyMcChubChub

Nov 18, 2012
U.P., WA
I have the same issue here in Washington. Without fail, the first question that everybody asks me is, "What are you smoking there?" . To be fair, I know there are "tobacco" vaporizers out there, but the fact that my PV is associated with (other stuff) first is kind of insulting/demoralizing. I feel that it's more socially acceptable around here to smoke (other stuff) then it is to vape, which is confusing to me.

Once I explain what a PV is they usually get confused and walk away..

Last edited by a moderator:

redeyes24321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Colorado
I'm down in Greeley and there isnt any e-cig vapers around here... plenty of (OTHER) vapers though. I get the same weird looks/accuisations/questions and occassionally people as me for a "hit". I guess I've gotten used to it though. There is a local shop down here but they only carry one brand of e liquid and its not very good. I cant believe that head shops and cigarette shops havent caught on. I did find a head shop in Fort Collins but everything was WAY overpriced; like double what it is online. I'm content buying all my supplies online. Happy to see other Coloradoans on EFC though!

Lilkurty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Canada
Thanks for the video!
I haven't vaped in public yet but my Hubby was in Vancouver and this celeb was there and just asked my hubby "Do you mind if I vape?
Hubby knew cause I had just started but otherwise he wouldn't have had a clue. I also remember a guy vaping in the TSA line a while back although it was an e cig I think, anyway I just remember thinking to myself that it must be one of those smokeless things because no one would be so ignorant as to light up, especially there. The agent freaked and I think he explained but I guess my point is I'll just kinda gauge the situation and be respectful. I like your point though because I was in CVS in FL and asked the 2 guys if they had NJO. They said no and then both pulled out their mods!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
DOn't feel bad guys.

I live in small town louisiana. The only other vapers are on nJoys or Blu. I am probably the only one in town with a fairly serious vaping rig. Funny looks would be a ridiculous understatement and I am still terrified to vape and drive for fear of being pulled over.

People just have no clue what it is.

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
There is no store in Breckenridge. I live there. It's just minimal online stuff.
I'd like to add how far behind Colorado is for B&M stores. I would drive to a decent store that doesn't have bizarre hours. That gives me the feeling that their inventory will only be generic stuff. There is a huge niche here that is screaming to be filled.
It is very frustrating to vape in CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread