Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
It is easier to use Fat Daddy pins. Stumpy is 2.5mm. Shorten it with Dremel cutoff and narrow the head with a bench grinder. Then it is easy enough to drill a hole above the center pin for flow into the main

I notched one of my clone Stumpy's, I forgot about the FDV pins, great call there.

And totally off topic but I'm an AU717 fan myself, got one sitting in the rack under my Thoren's...

Attachments

• IMG_20151220_070406807-1600x900.jpg
    IMG_20151220_070406807-1600x900.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 34

AU717

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Spring, TX
And totally off topic but I'm an AU717 fan myself, got one sitting in the rack under my Thoren's...
Cool someone recognized - connected to Klipsch Forte's
Man cave you will find a G7000 powering a pair of Klipsch and a pair of Bose 601
and finally here at the desk (small home office) is a G4700 pushing Bose 301

Reactions: fishwater

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
It is easier to use Fat Daddy pins. Stumpy is 2.5mm. Shorten it with Dremel cutoff and narrow the head with a bench grinder. Then it is easy enough to drill a hole above the center pin for flow into the main
I found 'em last night. It's a great idea.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I forgot to add my clone Stumpy that I slotted for bottom feed in the above post, maybe I should stop counting at this point....

Definitely sign up for one if you want one since it's a special Catfish edition. I did not sign up for one since I have a hard time justifying $100 atty's especially single coil ones.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I forgot to add my clone Stumpy that I slotted for bottom feed in the above post, maybe I should stop counting at this point....

Definitely sign up for one if you want one since it's a special Catfish edition. I did not sign up for one since I have a hard time justifying $100 atty's especially single coil ones.
my problem too. I'm a dual coil kinda guy.

Last edited:

Chips177

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2014
Slidell, LA
The Stumpy is a dual coil with tons of airflow if opened all the way. But it can also be run single coil.

The stumpy is my favorite rda I have ever tried and I really think it was born for a single coil running between the posts. I currently have a twisted 26g single coil at .45Ω on a mech mod and love it

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
@suprtrkr - I too just joined the club. Literally; 1 Reo Grand LP and a pdib, plus 4 bf atties in 2 weeks! :w00t:
Get on over to https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/catfish-atty-mods-the-next-chapter.676209/page-547 and get on the list for a Stumpy! My all time favorite RDA. Plenty of air and flavor! So, you decided to join the ranks of us squonkers! Awesome :). I have 2 Odins, and while it does provide enough air, for me, it's a little restrictive. Try it out, you might like it. I build to around .25 - .3 and it'll do the job. The Vector is great. I have 2 of those also. Great air. You can also try a Velocity mini. Super on the air and being smaller, great flavor. There are a lot of atties out there that give us good air and flavor.
I'm confused about something. I'm using brand new AW IMR 18650s and my builds are .5 ohm. The firing seems weak with both mods compared to my regulated devices. Both are clean and have been well maintained.

I've watched tons of videos where folks are pulling huge clouds from the same devices, batteries and builds.

Is there something I should be doing differently?

I appreciate any help/tips/direction y'all can provide.

Last edited:

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
The thing I've noticed with a mech vs regulated is ramp up time. If you're using a thicker gauge wire on the mech it will take some time to ramp up where the regulated just dumps all the power. Check your build, maybe go up in resistance first so you can stay on the power until the wire is glowing, at that point you should have the same output regardless of regulated vs non. Or go up on wire gauge, it will have the same effect, check Steam engine for the heat flux of your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread