Joyetech Cubis

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
CUBIS Atomizer - Joyetech

cubis_news01.jpg

Innovative 'cup-style' atty with completely removable top base section (including chimney & atomizer head) and a set of new SS BF coil heads.

Looking at the generated images it's not really clear how the air travels through the coil. I assume the coil head has two walls where air can travel in between and the vent pipe sealing it off!? No juice holes to see on the heads either.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
This thing looks very interesting. I can see how it's leak proof which is nice. But I bet it can still flood the coil if it gets over saturated just like any other coil head. I assume though the flooding simply stays in the tank instead of all over you. Idk, just speculating here.

troll, they added 3 user defined adjustable TCR curve profiles so you can use whatever you want that has a known TCR curve.

Reactions: VikingQueen

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
I bet it can still flood the coil if it gets over saturated just like any other coil head. I assume though the flooding simply stays in the tank instead of all over you
Yes, it seems pretty much impossible to leak to the outside, unless you turn it sideways / up site down in a flooded state.

I'm not totally convinced about a design like that though. Usually when I experience gurgling I just flip the topper and blow through the afc. I'm not too sure this will work as good in a design where the air has to travel all the way down and up again.

Reactions: VikingQueen

Vapen_moma

Oct 16, 2015
Tennessee
CUBIS Atomizer - Joyetech

cubis_news01.jpg

Innovative 'cup-style' atty with completely removable top base section (including chimney & atomizer head) and a set of new SS BF coil heads.

Looking at the generated images it's not really clear how the air travels through the coil. I assume the coil head has two walls where air can travel in between and the vent pipe sealing it off!? No juice holes to see on the heads either.
Ordered one today can't wait to try it

Shokker

Mar 18, 2015
Germany
Great price, topfill, different coil options, coils are not costly. Bought it. :)
Mine will arrive tomorrow. It is planned to replace my Ego One Mega as a MTL device for 9mg strength. I´m pretty happy that such practical, reasonable devices reach the market, after they seem to have been neglected during the first half of 2015. I will post my first impressions.

Shokker

Mar 18, 2015
Germany
Ok, I got it. First impression: I´m not impressed...

The 0,5 coilhead looks suspicious (the channel in the middle seems to be blocked by too much cotton) so I tried the 1,5 clapton coilhead. The airflow is too open for me. Even if I close it off completely the draw still is too airy for my taste. I primed it with a few drops and it flooded, when I first tried (50:50PG:VG). At 15W it seems to deliver less vapor and flavor than the Ego One Mega with 1,0 Ohm CLR coil.
The topfilling seems rather messy too.

Like I said: Very first impressions after just two hours of use.

EDIT: I played around with the topfilling (opened and closed it several times) and the coil is flooding again. Argh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread