Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
why do you need four batteries? isn't two more than enough. one in the pcc, and one in your mouth?

Two fully assembled eRolls r more than what's required to vape along happily. One'd never need another set for anything whatsoever. Some of us r keeping 4 batteries not b'coz of any functionality issues... but just for aesthetic reasons -- collecting all the colors and mixing & matching the cones, batteries & tanks to have a ball!

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Two fully assembled eRolls r more than what's required to vape along happily. One'd never need another set for anything whatsoever. Some of us r keeping 4 batteries not b'coz of any functionality issues... but just for aesthetic reasons -- collecting all the colors and mixing & matching the cones, batteries & tanks to have a ball!

nice! and I do like your collection.

Qorax, whats been you experience with thicker juices. What have you tried ex. 90/10 70/30 50/50 30/70 0/100 pg/vg ?

if anyone else could comment too, that would be awesome! thanks!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR

Qorax, whats been you experience with thicker juices. What have you tried ex. 90/10 70/30 50/50 30/70 0/100 pg/vg ?

I've read others who've used 100% VG with no problems. I'm currently using 50/50 w/no issues, but just ordered some organic 100% VG because I think I might have a PG sensitivity (massive headaches, inner ear issues, and feeling sort of foggy all the time). Of course, I could still be detoxing but I'd rather find out now rather than suffer needlessly. I'll report back once I've gotten the new juice.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

Well, since I'm with CanVape (ordering solely there... not associated with them!) I'm predetermined to 70/30 (PG/VG), b'coz their stock ready-to-vape's r that way. And I'm perfectly liking that ratio of e-juice.

And b'coz I've never tried any other mix -- I'm not qualified to comment on it. However, the fact remains that 100%VG will give u less TH and Flavor. While 100%PG shall give u thinner juice & less vapor. Note: Thinner leads to leaks in a tank system. Vets have endorsed that anything below 50/50 leads to some sort of VTF* compromise.

That said, since I bought a bottle of USP Glycerine yesterday, I tried a couple of tanks with few additional drops of VG. The intention was sordid! Tried to cut costs (of e-juice budget). Did so with few different flavours. The outcome? Lots & lotz of vapor! But? I didn't get the usual vape satisfaction!

Technically, nothing changed in the output phenomenon of the eRolls. But on a vaper's perspective, it was a lousy vaping experience. So, I'm back with the CanVape's usual mix of 70/30.

BTW, I use 24mg Nic-levels. And that's what gives me the complete earlier# smoking-like contentment. My first juice was a 12mg (Strawberry-Cream, man loved that flavor & taste!), but with the next doses I went 24mg.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
...because I think I might have a PG sensitivity (massive headaches, inner ear issues, and feeling sort of foggy all the time). Of course, I could still be detoxing... I'll report back once I've gotten the new juice.

That's more likely the cause. Will await ur feedback later.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Oh yea, I bought juicy-peach yesterday, for the first time. Taste? OK. But not as good as the Strawberry-Cream.

Might need to let it steep...
I have to let my DIY Strawberry/Cotton Candy sit for a couple of weeks for the flavors to mend together.

And I also add a couple of extra drops of VG to my mixes for - the Cloud Effect....
but if vaped 'fresh', it too will mute the flavors...
so your idea of streching your juice is a good one- and will work, just add a little VG, and let it steep awhile.

Strawberry/Cotton Candy and Huckleberry is what I am vaping in my eRoll nowadays....
Next batch I make, I'm going to up the nic to 18mg/ml- using 12mg/ml DIY now.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
1)How long are your atomizers, batteries, and cartridges lasting you?

2)How do you know when to replace an eRoll cartidge?

3)I think you replace an atomizer, when vapor production starts dropping off?

1) Cartridges r plastic tanks -- will last long unless u physically break them. Batteries will last a while unless there's a mishap (of juice seeping into them -- a rarity with eRoll). Atomizers: Their generic life is about 4-6 weeks. If u 'clean' them twice a month, it could be stretched to 2+ months (see an earlier post with vid). While, rewicking them could give u another 2+ (see another earlier post with vid).

2) There might not be a need to replacing the tank-cartridges unless they r broken. Washing them once a month is advisable, keeps them tidy.

3) Pls read point-1 above.

anonym9199

Mar 6, 2013
Amsterdam
Found: Innokin UCan Alternative

Wanted: Reviews

Link: SD - CAN

IMG_0371__87114.1365046585.1280.1280.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
^^Fantastic find, Thank U!
Yep, waiting for reviews on it. And u know what, this SD-Can looks like a "metal case" holding a standard plastic 10ml juice bottle. And just having a side cut-out, to enable squeezing the bottle inside for dripping, as well as to 'see' the juice-levels. Off course with a metal needle-cap replacing the std plastic bottle's own cap.

If that's the case, it's innovative and welcoming (the price could be a bit lower though).

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
Have a battery that stays lite, or just seems finicky?

I have cleaning that helped me save a battery I thought was dead.

Tools: Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol, small clear plastic or glass container, paper towels.

1.Stand the battery upright with the LED end facing up in the container.

2.Fill container with Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol until the liquid just covers the side air hole.

3.Wait for about an hour.

4.Remove battery and dry with paper towel.

5.Cover the battery air hole loosely with paper towel and blow into the battery connection end.

6.Stand battery upright with LED end facing up for 3-4 days.

It worked for me!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I've read others who've used 100% VG with no problems. I'm currently using 50/50 w/no issues, but just ordered some organic 100% VG because I think I might have a PG sensitivity (massive headaches, inner ear issues, and feeling sort of foggy all the time). Of course, I could still be detoxing but I'd rather find out now rather than suffer needlessly. I'll report back once I've gotten the new juice.

Quick update:

I haven't gotten my 100% VG yet (due to hit my mailbox on Thursday), but what I've been vaping since the start has started tasting like poop so I NEEDED to get something different in there at least for a couple of days while I wait (and if I discover I have to steep it).

Ran into a local smoke shop that sells hookah and other smoking stuff. They had some Imperial e-juice and just to get the poop taste out of my mouth I bought some. Grape! :)

Turns out it's 90VG/10PG and...great vapor and so far the eRoll is doing well. Been vaping pretty much non stop since I got home a few hours ago and nothing seems to be a problem. No wierd sounds coming out of it, or effect on the draw.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Atomizer cleaning: Two issues...

Well, I cleaned two of my eGo-C Type-A atomizers once again yes'day nite and have two things to report.

1. I screwed-up: Pulled the coil...
One of them, a month+ old, used heavily, noticed that the wick was condemned(!) to be garbaged, all black, bushy, was stuck to the coil rather than on the spike. Plucked-it-off and low-n-behold(!) pulled the coil out too. Not broken-off (b'coz I stopped as soon as I spotted my stupidity) but went an inverted 'U'.

So, I placed/pushed it back into the ceramic housing, was no room (for the elongated version now) but somehow squeezed it in, all jumbled up. I knew it wouldn't work - however washed it, dried it, placed it on a eRoll battery AND reverse puffed (from the light end) facing a mirror... it glowed! Repeated a couple of times, no problem, it glows.

So, I removed it from that battery, placed a fresh wick into the spike, assembled it back, put it in the eRoll, fitted a filled tank... fingers crossed(!) AND vaped. It did work! Seems a bit airy, but works. The only thing I notice is it's getting tad warmer, earlier. Prolly I messed with it's resistance. So, I'll wait and see how long it holds. But, the good news is -- it works even if u mess with the coil, unless u break-it-off.

2. Ran out of Silica Wick: So used COTTON instead...
Now that should be dumb. I mean how can I not have anymore wick in the house? The basic necessities of a vaper is to keep spares & consumables round-the-clock. We can't fail; and while the urges beckon - can't pull a cigarette, can we? Pls Note: I have spare, new, atomizers but I had to recycle the old. So, dumb that I am I yet had to overcome that with some ingenuity...

Thus, for the second atomizer, another month+ old, but li'l less used, it's wick looked fried and had to be replaced. So, I cleanup the atomizer as before, dry burn it via the "inverse puff" mode and now needed to re-wick. But there's no Silica Rope or SS Mesh around.

I gave it a thought AND pulled-out my first-aid box. Took out some cotton swabs, picked out a small portion of it and rolled. Made it moist and rolled between the fingers. Essentially converted it into a 1mm thick and an inch & a quarter long WICK. Then, holding it in my favourite loop ("U") shape I inserted it's joined-ends into the spike. Took some efforts b'coz cotton is not as sturdy as a silica rope, so had to use a needle to guide it in.

Trimmed the protruding ends of the cotton 'wick' and dripped few drops of juice over it, spike end as well as the loop end. Then reassembled everything, placed it on an eRoll battery, attached the cone & the filled-tank... let it stay upside down for a minute AND vaped, fingers crossed. Voila, it worked! Bit harder pull, need to prime the pulls a bit before taking a long draw, but it works.

As of now I'm vaping the same 'cotton wicked' eRoll and am having no issues. Yes, it sometimes gives me a cottonish taste, prolly when the 'wick' is not nicely wet, but immediately keeping it aside for a few secs and trying it again WORKS. I understand that the 'wick' I made from cotton must be a bit dense, which is not allowing the juice to pass thru easily, but the notion that surgical cotton is unsuitable for wicking our atomizers seem to be an urban myth. It might not be the best thing to do, but while in a tight spot - it's workable.

End Note: I've changed the tanks now on both the eRolls, so this is my second tank on those goofed-up atomizers, AND both r holding good. So far so good! I'll update the lasting outcome later as I find.

Hope that was some news, LOL!

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida

I usually use full VG. I've vaped Boba's, three different 100% VG flavors from Copper Creek as well as unflavored VG in my eRoll. No issues, other than getting it wicking initially (I just prime the atty first). And occasionally tapping that hole helps. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread