Joyetech eRoll : User REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
eRoll perfect for: when you have to travel in airports. Something quick/easy to use when leaving TSA area, etc.

When I stepped outside to get a jitney to my hotel during a layover, it was ready and available, unlike having to whip out a larger PV

Whenever I have to fly I still do the same thing I did years ago before I even knew of e-cigs...slap on a nicotine patch.

I had actually used patches before when attempting to quit previously, and other than vaping, they were definitely the most effective for me (even if I did eventually relapse). Still though, they can definitely keep my nicotine cravings manageable for several hours, which is great when you're under the mercy of airport/TSA regulations.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Been wondering about this new eRoll. Is it the eRoll-C? How is it compared to the first version?

Well nothing much. Everything remains the same except that now the 'new eRoll' has a tank sleeve.

33m1o35.jpg

And a new colour has been added into the scheme of things ~ the eRoll-C also comes in a 'gold dust' hue.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Fasttech eGo-C Coils work well on Eroll

1. The FT Coil Package:
25z6t76.jpg

2. FT Coil Vs. Genuine Joyetech Coils:
1rof91.jpg

Note that the silicon insulator of the FT coil protrudes out a little more than the genuine Joyetech coil. But it's a non-issue, b'coz it still sits well and performs perfectly. All it needs is a li'l extra pressure while attaching the cone.

3. Priming the coils before assembly:
pqqc.jpg

Very important step. Saturate the coil head before using - and you'll have no issues of wicking. I gently drop juice into the spike until it starts to overflow. With the FT coils I am able to easily drop 18-20 droplets from a needle tip bottle. The gap between dropping is around 4-5 seconds. And the first few needs a little more gap (about 7-8 seconds, for the first five or six drops) to trickle down inside, but once the flow is thru it gets easy.

4. The fully saturated coil:
2eprlsw.jpg

5. Inserting the coil head:
9s4fp5.jpg

6. Attaching the Cone and the Tank Cartridge:
3523sd2.jpg

7. Fully assembled and ready to Vape:
pnhvq.jpg

8. Taking the first few draws:
2nhkhoj.jpg

BOTTOMLINE:
This coil might not be the best one, vis-a-vis the genuine Joyetech coils, but it performs flawlessly. I have noticed no difference in VTF (vapour, TH, flavour) between the genuine ones and this coil. Furthermore, there's no flooding or dry hits even while semi-chain vaping. For the price - these are totally recommended!

Where: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1348202

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Nice review. Hope "little" products like this don't go away. On vaping forums everyone appears to move to the big stuff, there are plenty of us who don't WANT to vape at 20 watts. :lol: I prefer the little vape gear thingies like erolls, etc. Hope the industry doesn't shoot itself in the foot by discontinuing these types of vape gear!~

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Nice review. Hope "little" products like this don't go away. On vaping forums everyone appears to move to the big stuff, there are plenty of us who don't WANT to vape at 20 watts. :lol: I prefer the little vape gear thingies like erolls, etc. Hope the industry doesn't shoot itself in the foot by discontinuing these types of vape gear!~

Thank you Race :)

Reactions: Racehorse

ccm2000

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
California

I hear you, Racehorse. I just completed four years of not smoking and could not have done it without my eRoll and some other cigalikes along the way. Blowing big clouds is fun but I still need a cigalike device to keep me from smoking.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have a REO, but the only other vape gear I am actually using right now is my eRoll and Joyetech Ecab (which I love because it's one of the few "cigarillo" sized ecigs out there, and iMHO, they are just super pretty looking. I mean really gorgeous, black and red is nice, but white and silver with light tips is real nice, too. And of course, I love the soft pink.

I have disciplined myself not to need or want huge and vast amounts of vapor that I did need the first few months I was vaping. The reason is I do not want to vape forever, so I have moved to the littler stuff now that I'm over 2 years in. Low nic, just something to twiddle around in my hands, keep them busy, so to speak.

Really, I'm totally satisfied at this point and I am pretty sure my lungs couldn't even *handle* high watt vaping or huge amounts of vapor.

I also felt like I was not getting "over" cigs real well when I was vaping that way.....I experimented, it seemed that my lungs were accustomed to taking in large amounts of *inhale* and one day I smoke a cigarette about 2 years into vaping......just one....and I was very very suprised that I was still able to inhale a cig w/out coughing and choking.

So, I decided to move my body and habit and dependency along more gentle routes, I dunno if this makes sense or will work for others but it has for me. there are days now where I literally can't "take" the hits I get on my REO.......its just too powerful.

Understand, though, my aim was always to use vaping as a way to quit smoking but also quit vaping as well, so I have very slowly ratcheted down, down down everything little by little, and that works for me, I just feel less dependent on getting these huge amounts of vapor into my lungs, I don't need that anymore to be satisfied.

That said, the eroll hits like a freight train, when used *properly*. A small hit, then you can take a long one......prime atties well before using, etc.

I was amazed when I got the eroll that it hit harder than my starter kit using an ego + clearo back in 2012

PS I cannot speak for others, only myself, but I have experimented quite a bit with my own psychology and body, not just with smoking/vaping but with exercise and diet restrictions. The key for me has always been to very slowly change my behaviors........I have read many books on habits, about how the brain can reprogram and I believe one can *habituate* oneself in any way one desires...but it does take some time and some discipline. And it has to be done slowly IF you do not want to be uncomfortable and using "willpower".

I have found that alll that bunk about willpower just sets you up like a rubber band strung between 2 fingers. try it. as you spread your fingers the rubber band becomes much tighter and there is more pressure on it to spring back to wanting to be "loose" ... hope that makes sense. So that pressure is actually hard on me, I mean, I can't comfortably accomplish anything when I am feeling pressure and/or anxiety.

So, willpower is something very hard, which is why a lot of people can't quit cigs, food, vaping, couch potato-ism using willpower. It is too sudden and jarring.

If you read about how the brain forms habits and patterns, then you can apply to your own behavior..it's all brains, not just my brain. You slowly wear a "new pathway" in there.......and it does work. That is what all behavioral therapy is based on.

So, little by little I just vaped less, and less nic, and less hit, and less vapor......but I am talking over 2+ years.

I can go out all day now, on errands, and forget to even vape. I am habituated to not use it like a pacifier anymore. I can actually enjoy when I want to, but I don't *have* to .

I hope this makes snese and not suggesting or saying it will work for anyone else or that anyone else should even have same goals as me. :) (cuz I'm sure if this can be taken wrong it will be :lol:)

All habits, dependencies, addictions and poor habits can be changed, but IMHO slowly and over time.........and gently. That is why all the diet books don't work, etc. They don't get it. I need to write a diet book LOL When I wanted to lose 50 pounds I did, but I only cut out ONE thing and sometimes only that one thing for weeks and weeks. Once I got used to not having that, then I would cut out one more, and so on. I did not rush. BUt I did get used to not eating fattening stuff, I just forgot about them over time because I was not all at once DENYING myself of *everything* I liked. Who can overcome that? few people that I know!~ You can't put yourself into an avalanche situation like that, it hurts too much LOL

It s the Zen thing that a droplet of water, over time, can wear away a large boulder. :)

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
^Very well said and explained Race.

I for one have chosen to vape just to remain healthier ;) this being a better alternative. And I see it as an alternative only, not a cessation tool. And as I never ever thought of quitting (cigs) I don't intend to stop vaping either. This hobby will live with me to my death bed!

However you are right, physically we do not need to smoke/vape. The craving is just psychological. During my military training (one year) I never lit a cigarette. Never felt like, b'coz one there was hardly any time - and two by the end of the day we were so exhausted that smoking never crept our minds. And this is coming from 5-6 years of serious smoking before joining the military.

So yes, if we don't want to - we might not vape at all.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
During my military training (one year) I never lit a cigarette. Never felt like, b'coz one there was hardly any time - and two by the end of the day we were so exhausted that smoking never crept our minds. And this is coming from 5-6 years of serious smoking before joining the military.

Very illuminating.

You are pretty much describing a simple "shift in consciousness" here. i.e. your mind was on other things, your mind was simply re-directed and re-focussed onto "other things".

So yes, if we don't want to - we might not vape at all.

or over eat, or bite our nails, or any other habitual behavior (whether it has addictive qualities or not).

But many people oversimplify by saying "it is a choice" and it is, but this is only half true. It starts with making a choice though, for sure. The rest is process......processing the choice into steps to attain the result.

For some, that is instantaneous. For others, it may be more of a short term or long term planning exercise.
:)

The truly glorious point of all this is that regular human beings do amazing things, every day, things they never even thought they could do. It is a testimony to how special people are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread