Juice for old mom that is hard to convince + coughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Also bear in mind that different companies use different Nicotine and I had one just yesterday that was harsh on my throat at only 3MG from the PG content and the Nicotine (IMHO). Not all e-Liquid is created the same. My own DIY is smoother with a higher PG than this stuff was and what was in my tank went down the drain.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
It's a balancing act at the start to find the PG/VG ratio along with the right nic. level. The higher the nic. the harsher it gets.

One needs to play around a bit with different liquids to find one that isn't too harsh plus curbs cravings at the same time.

There is also a transition period in the beginning because the vapour is different than smoke. One needs to push through in the beginning with motivation and a little willpower to vape not smoke.
In fairly short order the coughing will subside as the body becomes accustomed to the vapour. We almost all went through this at the start. She "must" at least Try other liquids from different vendors with higher VG and/or with lower nic.
If she does she Will find her sweetspot. It just takes time, perseverance, a little cash, and some trial and error. Cheers.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Thanks alot to all of you from all of me. :) She hasn't tried an e-cig for a long time, and is smoking cigs now. Will order ECO-vape I think. 1.8 mg or 1.2 mg. Not sure. She is smoking "gold" cigs now.

Device is the Eleaf iStick 20w with the Aspire Nautilus which has been idle for months. The Eleaf iStick might have to be replaced.

Reactions: AstroTurf

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
She has been smoking for 40+ years, and her lungs are not well. Tried to get her to switch to e-cig before, but she finds it unpleasant because of coughing. Need a soft starter juice that tastes great. :)

The Plume Room's Banana Pudding. It is very flavorful, but it is easy on the throat. I get it in 50/50 pg/vg. It is the #1 juice I vape whenever my throat is sore or irritated or I am coughing. I don't remember anyone ever saying they don't like it. It's not cheap, but it is a very safe bet, and is much cheaper than analogs, Five Pawns or Suicide Bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread