Just getting started........now the wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered a LB-501 scale, Borosilicate beakers, Amber and blue Boston bottles, $195+ of flavors and PG/VG from Bull City and now I wait.....
I will be ordering 120ml of premium nic from Vapers Tek today also. I hope that it all turns out OK :) I am throwing myself on the mercy of this forum for guidance!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have ordered a LB-501 scale, Borosilicate beakers, Amber and blue Boston bottles, $195+ of flavors and PG/VG from Bull City and now I wait.....
I will be ordering 120ml of premium nic from Vapers Tek today also. I hope that it all turns out OK :) I am throwing myself on the mercy of this forum for guidance!

If you are like me you'll find that you like a number of the flavors you ordered and others you try once and never go back to them. That's part of finding what's good for your tastes and what's not. Buy small 10ml bottles of flavors at first to save money. If you like a flavor enough to know that it will be a frequent mix, then scale the size up on your next order.

PG/VG/ and Nic are used in every recipe, so liter sizes make sense to save money. Break the NIC down into smaller glass bottles and freeze all but your working bottle. I like clear bottles that let me see and judge the color of the contents, especially for Nic. PG and VG keep just fine. You can freeze it or not, IMO. If light exposure worries you, keep them in a closed storage box.

Pipettes come in various sizes and are great for measuring nic. They also reach far down into the bottle for nic, so I like them better than droppers for that. A bag of 100 is cheap and you can use them for one DIY session and toss them.

I use the bottles that flavorings come in for adding flavors to the bottle on the scale. I transfer my PG and VG into clear condiment squeeze bottles for dispensing into the mix bottle when measuring. PG works fine in those, but you might need to cut the tip back a little for VG, which is thicker.

Last edited:
If you are like me you'll find that you like a number of the flavors you ordered and others you try once and never go back to them. That's part of finding what's good for your tastes and what's not. Buy small 10ml bottles of flavors at first to save money. If you like a flavor enough to know that it will be a frequent mix, then scale the size up on your next order.

PG/VG/ and Nic are used in every recipe, so liter sizes make sense to save money. Break the NIC down into smaller glass bottles and freeze all but your working bottle. I like clear bottles that let me see and judge the color of the contents, especially for Nic. PG and VG keep just fine. You can freeze it or not, IMO.

Pipettes come in various sizes and are great for measuring nic. They also reach far down into the bottle for nic, so I like them better than droppers for that. A bag of 100 is cheap and you can use them for one DIY session and toss them.

I use the bottles that flavorings come in for adding to the bottle on the scale. I transfer my PG and VG into clear condiment squeeze bottles for dispensing into the mix bottle when measuring. PG works fine in those, but you might need to cut the tip back a little for VG, which is thicker.

Thank you for the inputs! Ordered a 100 pack of 3ml pipettes off of Ebay.

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
This PDF might help, all the links are working. Most of this information came from ECF with BrotherBob contributing to a lot of the information.

It's a decent guide to information and recipe links.

Attachments

• DIY information.pdf
    127.5 KB · Views: 14
All of my first order of flavorings arrived today from Bull City and my PG/VG (I actually place a 2nd order already from Bull City for more flavoring samples). My bottle of nic arrived yesterday from Vapertek. Got a couple different batches of Boston bottles in 15ml and 30 ml sizes also. Hope to begin mixing this weekend!

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
All of my first order of flavorings arrived today from Bull City and my PG/VG (I actually place a 2nd order already from Bull City for more flavoring samples). My bottle of nic arrived yesterday from Vapertek. Got a couple different batches of Boston bottles in 15ml and 30 ml sizes also. Hope to begin mixing this weekend!
You'll have a gas...I really enjoy my brewing adventures and I'm still pretty new at DIY myself...Only small extra is...Good, Stable, Flat, Work Area and Great Lighting !!!...You've done your homework...You'll Do Great !!!

Reactions: McKinneyMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread