Kamry Micro - a good successor to the eRoll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You can definitely buy the atomisers on Aliexpress which is where I ordered mine along with the micros themselves. Both the attys and micros took just 8 days to reach me from a seller called Ree Store. Was pleasantly surprised by that.

Great, thanks.

I looked at the cig-a-like freak website. How did you come across that?

Reactions: Jin_888

Appeltaart

May 10, 2015
Maybe if I put a high VG dessert vape in the micros they would slow down. Having said that, when I first got them and did a quick test with one of my sub ohm dessert eliquids, Milkman Crumbleberry, they handled that okay too. Maybe coil life will reduce with higher VG but that's a small price to pay (and I can always coil clean).
My beloved vanilla custard seemed too much at 70VG, but I guess it is rather sweet. Haven't had a dry hit at 50/50 though!

Now I need to get used to vaping 18mg high VG stuff on the micros. Before today's order arrived, I was mixing 70PG/30VG 18mg Halo Tribeca with a 6mg high VG eliquid to increase viscosity. This resulted in mixes that were between 12-15mg that could be chain vaped if I wanted but, having chain vaped on 18mg high VG for the last 30 minutes, I now have a vapeache. This is good in a way, because I now know that I can get by with a few hits every now and then instead of having to vape constantly.
I've been experiencing some headaches too, even at 12 mg. The vapor production is incomparable with other cig-a-likes. I think I might actually go below 10 mg for my next batch.

Hmm. It seems vaping 70VG on the micro can leave a drop of eliquid on the battery connection when I remove the tank to recharge.
Experiencing the same thing with 50/50 juice. It's barely enough to be called a drop, but it's slightly worrisome nonetheless.

Oh, and my Kamry Micro survived a three meter drop earlier today. This little guy seems to be full of suprises!

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Great, thanks.

I looked at the cig-a-like freak website. How did you come across that?

Just by carrying out a search for cigalikes and reviews. Cigalike freak is also an ECF member and has posted here if I'm not mistaken. But his or her site hasn't been updated for a while which is a shame.

While my search helped me to find Kamry Micro it also threw up quite a few other little-known but interesting cigalikes....too many to mention here so I'm thinking of profiling them in a separate thread.

Reactions: aikanae1

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
My beloved vanilla custard seemed too much at 70VG, but I guess it is rather sweet. Haven't had a dry hit at 50/50 though!

I've been experiencing some headaches too, even at 12 mg. The vapor production is incomparable with other cig-a-likes. I think I might actually go below 10 mg for my next batch.

Experiencing the same thing with 50/50 juice. It's barely enough to be called a drop, but it's slightly worrisome nonetheless.

Oh, and my Kamry Micro survived a three meter drop earlier today. This little guy seems to be full of suprises!

You make your own custard? Have you tried taking it down to 60VG/40PG? Perhaps it won't mitigate the sweetener gunking up the coil but it could help the wicking a bit. I put Dinner Lady Strawberry Custard though one of my micros which is 70VG and it worked, but that was just 1ml tank's worth.

After yesterday's trials with 18mg 70VG which resulted in vapeache, I'm quickly acclimatising to the new nic strength and haven't had any problems today (mind you I'm not 'caning' it like yesterday). I actually started on 18mg six years ago when I had an eGo tank system but gradually lessened the strength to 6mg as I progressed to mods and sub-ohm vaping. Kind of feels good to be back on 18mg and vaping less frequently. I would go as far as to say that the micros perform just as well (maybe even better) than the original eGo, and that's saying something when you compare sizes.

The only thing I can think of to explain why there's sometimes a tiny bit of juice on the battery connection with high VG is that VG is heavier than PG which makes it easier to fall through the atomiser. Haven't experienced this again since yesterday though so fingers crossed. I guess the main thing is to be mindful of it and to check every time we need to charge batteries.

Glad your micro survived its fall. They do feel very sturdy when assembled. I haven't dropped any of mine from a great height yet but there are bite marks on my black one where I was holding it between my teeth. That's the only design flaw in my opinion - the mouth piece should be soft and chompable!

Last edited:

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
At last ... I have the power!

Kamry Cassiel PCC 1200 mAh
full

full

full

full

full

full

There's a lot to like here but also (perhaps) one significant disadvantage which I'll go into later. At least it's much better than carrying around a power bank. Stay tuned for an upcoming review.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
great looks, including the case.

I'd love to compare it to this, which so far is my fave cig a like, and also has an amazingly easy draw:
Magnum Snaps | eCig Starter-Kit | Magnum E-Cig | ePuffer Vape

The big thing about magnum is, the size is exactly like a standard cig. and the pcc charge takes like 20 minutes, it's great. Kamry looks really nice though, with e juice indication which is cool.

There is also:
Vapor cigarette Dual Extra - Cigma Vape

the tanks are glass, coil is base screw on all in one. Their blueberry juice is so good, i have never tasted anything like it.. It's almost sinful! I almost want to just keep it all to myself lol!

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I can't understand why a high VG liquid would get through the atty when a high PG one doesn't, when VG is generally thicker than PG. Unless it's not actually VG, but AG.

Loving the new PCC BTW.

Thanks, the only reason I can think of is that VG is heavier and this plus the fact it gets runnier when heated in a tank means a tiny bit can sometimes get through the atty on to the battery. I'm not entirely sure though and fortunately it hasn't happened since the last time. Maybe I was just caning it too hard in my trials of the 70VG juice.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I've inherited the Joecigs BTW. Angela has got a dinky little tube mod ELeaf iJust Mini, a spare battery & a second tiny tank Joyetech Cubis Pro Mini, combined with the highest resistance attys available for those tanks & narrow bore drip tips from The Drip Tip Store, she's got a vaping experience very close to her old eRoll (only with a longer lasting battery, that she can use as a passthrough while it's charging, but about 4 times as fat & half as long again). I must say I'm that impressed, I got a battery & Cubis tank (I don't like the airflow control on the ELeaf tank). Still love my Magnum Snaps & quite like the Joecigs though.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
great looks, including the case.

I'd love to compare it to this, which so far is my fave cig a like, and also has an amazingly easy draw:
Magnum Snaps | eCig Starter-Kit | Magnum E-Cig | ePuffer Vape

The big thing about magnum is, the size is exactly like a standard cig. and the pcc charge takes like 20 minutes, it's great. Kamry looks really nice though, with e juice indication which is cool.

There is also:
Vapor cigarette Dual Extra - Cigma Vape

the tanks are glass, coil is base screw on all in one. Their blueberry juice is so good, i have never tasted anything like it.. It's almost sinful! I almost want to just keep it all to myself lol!

I actually considered both these models in my quest for a new cigalike. There are some very cool touches with the Magnum Snaps - magnetic connection, small eRoll size, and LED torch on the PCC, but I wanted to avoid filler-wrapped cartomisers and also needed a PCC with more than 540 mAh that could charge at least two ecigs on the go. Those are just my needs though. Going by the positive reviews, Magnum Snaps is a hit with quite a few users. The main thing is the price point. At £50 in the UK it's twice what I paid for the Kamry Cassiel kit.

The Cigma Vape kit is at a similar price to the Kamry, very stylish looking and gets extra points for the glass tank. I would have got this if it came with a good PCC and was within the 10cm length range rather than 11cm or 12.5cm (depending on slim or 'extra' battery). Anyway, glad you are enjoying yours!

In fact, I think the Cigma is a rebranded version of the Kimree Vapor Queen:

HTB1iDBEGXXXXXXCXFXXq6xXFXXXM.jpg

...and it's also sold with a charging case under the alternative brand name Kimsun PC Queen Vape Pen, but the PCC is only 370 mAh... that's just 3-4 charges of the 90 mAh ecig battery.
HTB1iZLQLFXXXXcQXVXX760XFXXXY.png

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I've inherited the Joecigs BTW. Angela has got a dinky little tube mod ELeaf iJust Mini, a spare battery & a second tiny tank Joyetech Cubis Pro Mini, combined with the highest resistance attys available for those tanks & narrow bore drip tips from The Drip Tip Store, she's got a vaping experience very close to her old eRoll (only with a longer lasting battery, that she can use as a passthrough while it's charging, but about 4 times as fat & half as long again). I must say I'm that impressed, I got a battery & Cubis tank (I don't like the airflow control on the ELeaf tank). Still love my Magnum Snaps & quite like the Joecigs though.

Glad Angela has found her vaping solution! When I was discussing the eGo One a couple of years back the iJust2 came up and we thought it would make a good alternative to Joyetech.
Joyetech Ego ONE

Hope she enjoys the battery life. Before Kamry Micro I was really tempted by a cigalike PCC kit called Malle by VapeOnly because the PCC was a staggering 2250 mAh and could charge two ecigs at the same time. The ecig length put me off though as they look over 10cm and I'm fussy about that.

Was also extremely tempted to buy a Joecig kit from the UK while waiting for the Cassiel to arrive. Apart from the place in Birmingham that sells the 900 mAh Xt-C 3 kit, I also found somewhere in Scotland that sells the XT-C 1 1100 mAh PCC kit, however, only the XT-C 2 PCC kit can charge two at a time and seemed difficult to get hold of.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
It's just something e-cigs have always had isn't it. Another plus point for the late lamented eRoll.

The eRoll is alive and well in East Asia. Plus eRoll still had a LED at its tip, albeit a stylish blue one. Off the charger, cigalikes don't last long enough as it is, let alone having a light at the end using up power. And something.. something .. lack of stealth ...makes me a target at night in the back garden...then bullet to the head ...end short rant.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Enjoying the thread. Though I've since advanced to more substantial gear, I'll never disrespect the world of cigalikes. Blu weened me off the real thing and I used 'em for months. Also carried some tiny 400mah egos along with one of these:

JoyeTech PCC

Topped with simple Evods. Not as portable as a cigalike PCC but I always left the house feeling like I had everything I'd need for the day. :)

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Enjoying the thread. Though I've since advanced to more substantial gear, I'll never disrespect the world of cigalikes. Blu weened me off the real thing and I used 'em for months. Also carried some tiny 400mah egos along with one of these:

JoyeTech PCC

Topped with simple Evods. Not as portable as a cigalike PCC but I always left the house feeling like I had everything I'd need for the day. :)

Ah, I've much nostalgia for the eGo tank system. I adopted one after a week of using a cigalike that didn't work and regarded it as my little black torpedo. I also went on to more advanced gear but seem to have come full circle now. First time I've seen that JoyeTech PCC too, rather nifty for its time, would have loved to have had it back in 2011. In its performance, the Micro reminds me of the eGo except it's more consistent and less complicated/fiddly. Guess we have to thank the eGo for setting the bar that others followed and improved upon.

Reactions: KODIAK (TM)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread