Status
Not open for further replies.

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
I received my 160W a few days ago. Tried the stock atty and that lasted two minutes. Threw my Marquis on there and was good to go. It is a large device but so far I really like it. It is sturdy, not cheap plastic, ergonomically the squonk bottle and fire button are well placed, squonks easy, and I paid under $50. Only problem I had was I needed to dilute my juice for the first time. I went from 12mg to 3mg so I wouldn't get nic sick. I have been waiting for a sub $100 regulated dual battery squonker and it has arrived.
I love my Marquis RDA's and am interested in how you did the conversion for bottom feed. Was that just using a FDV bottom feeder pin or did it require more work?

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I wanted the Stainless, but it was the last to become available here, I have heard a few complaints of it tearing up battery wraps, but I would imagine that was fixed by now. I have no clue why the white would be any higher that the black though. I would speculate a bit of both problems and supply.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
The Velocity v2 clone I got from Fasttech also came with a glass chamber, so I decided to try it. The o-rings that came with it were too thin and the glass was very loose, but luckily I have spare o-rings in that size. I replaced them and it was a perfect snug fit. It was more airy than I normally like, but raising the coils made a huge difference. The flavor with the glass chamber is much better.

Obviously, with the glass chamber, it's not for taking out and about, but that's what my little OG Dripbox SquonkTrooper is for. Squonking on it's own is fun, but adding the visual element of glass makes it even more fun! My first build is just a twisted 26ga, probably should have gone with a fancier build just for the aesthetics, but it's vaping really nice and looks great too. Now I wish I had the Stainless Steel version, it would look pretty sweet and I could turn it into my DeathStar Squonker!

db01_zpseqt1zyzb.jpg
db02_zpsbdpzs0id.jpg

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Mine came today. I also picked up a Tsunami 24, as I just really really wanted one. There are good points, such as the 160W and dual batteries, for flexibility and battery life, but there are drawbacks too.

First thing is that the battery door does not sit flat, causing it to rock slightly.

Secondly, it ripped a gash in one of my battery wraps the first time I removed the set I had put in there. Of course, the batteries didn't come out easy, which is nice when swapping batteries, bad when it decides to take a half inch of wrap with it. I needed new batteries anyway.

Third thing is that I want a real stinking menu. I am too used to all the mods I have with SX chips in them to really like anything else, but I can deal. Because it sure does vape nice with the Tsunami 24.

Q2YdlMXl.jpg

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
The Velocity v2 clone I got from Fasttech also came with a glass chamber, so I decided to try it. The o-rings that came with it were too thin and the glass was very loose, but luckily I have spare o-rings in that size. I replaced them and it was a perfect snug fit. It was more airy than I normally like, but raising the coils made a huge difference. The flavor with the glass chamber is much better.

Obviously, with the glass chamber, it's not for taking out and about, but that's what my little OG Dripbox SquonkTrooper is for. Squonking on it's own is fun, but adding the visual element of glass makes it even more fun! My first build is just a twisted 26ga, probably should have gone with a fancier build just for the aesthetics, but it's vaping really nice and looks great too. Now I wish I had the Stainless Steel version, it would look pretty sweet and I could turn it into my DeathStar Squonker!

db01_zpseqt1zyzb.jpg
db02_zpsbdpzs0id.jpg

I also like the glass tops. Not just for the look, but I also find the airflow to be more enjoyable with the glass top than the Velocity (clone) cap. The tops also fit on other attys such as the Apollo and the Zenith (whichever version is the squonk one).

The downside is durability – the glass is pretty thin. I picked up a few more from FT since I can see some breakage in my future.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Why is it ripping batterys?
The SS versions don't get de-burred well and as SS is a bit softer than the normal steel, it leaves sharp edges when they drill the holes for venting. Five min with a round file will knock the burrs right off, why Kanger can't figure this out I've no idea!

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I also like the glass tops. Not just for the look, but I also find the airflow to be more enjoyable with the glass top than the Velocity (clone) cap. The tops also fit on other attys such as the Apollo and the Zenith (whichever version is the squonk one).

The downside is durability – the glass is pretty thin. I picked up a few more from FT since I can see some breakage in my future.
I've picked up a spare, but will get a couple more, just in case. Hopefully, I won't break too many especially since this is mostly a stay at home mod. I can always pop on the regular cap, but the glass is much better.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I am going to leave it until I replace the batteries (non-ripped) I have in there in a couple weeks. The 25Rs I am using have seen some heavy use and will use USB charging in the meantime. I don't mind taking a spare mod to work with me for a little while. Then I will file the inside if I need to.

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
I just received my DB 160 SS, my first bottom feeder, as the other well known mark is out of my range, finance wise.
Apparently I'm not alone in finding it's lama like spitting unpleasant, but I'm looking at the FT Velocity clones, in SS with the glass top included (really cool look, hope it works as well!), which I hope will stop the spitting habit. Fortunately I had the temperature low, and was at 17 watts, otherwise I'd probably have been burnt!
Apart from that, I really love it. No dripping, but the great taste, as if... Long battery life and an USB to charge them (although there again they are a bit on the tight side, as others already noted, too).
It's so easy to take in hand, nice and chunky, and seems well made.
I haven't yet discovered how/if I can block the settings to avoid accidental changing (lost my glasses!) but at least it's not "round the clock" setting, so you can't go down to 7 watts, then jump to 160 and get kicked in the teeth, so it's not an urgent problem. When I can read the tiny printing in the manual, I'll find the answer, no doubt.
All said and done, I'm really happy with my first "squonker", as people have told me how good the principal is almost since I first bought my first PV. But then it was either a fortune or DIY (and the house is enough DIY to keep me busy!).
My son showed me the DB on his smartphone last week, and I just had to try one, and for 70€, considering its' quality, double battery box, and dripper (OK, it's maybe not its' best point... time will tell :D ), and the look in SS, as well as the fact, I presume, that if you take out the bottle you can use any 510 top on it (true? false?), it really is a shame that it's taken so long for it to come on the market.
I can't get over how the taste of my juices, usually in their Subtank, are so much more tasty.
I've my DB and my ST side by side with the same juice in, but there's no comparison. For taste the DB wins hands down.
As I DIY all my juice it's going to save me a fortune in flavorings, as I'm sure I'll need only two thirds as much for a good taste now I'm a confirmed "Squonker".
Really, if you're hesitating, don't.
It's a revelation for the taste buds, great for charging from your PC/unused ciar ciggy lighter/bed side plug, and all said and done, a sexy looking box mod.
I love it :D

P.S. Can any one enlighten a newly confirmed Squonker on where the term "squonking" comes from, please??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread