Kanger dripbox help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
hey all, I bought a kanger dripbox the beginning of last week, with the standard RDA on it, it was spitting quite a lot, I made new coils for it that were a lot tighter than the coils that came with it and the spitting stopped

I've now bought a Velocity v2 for it, the spitting it does is unreal, it spits out the mouthpiece and out of the vents, I just can't figure out a way of stopping it, when I bought it it already had coils and cotton in it, the coils weren't tight and the cotton was covering the entire base, so I made new coils and and added new cotton, I cut the cotton so it only just touches the base, it's still spitting really badly, I'm pretty sure the coils/cotton aren't flooded

Does anyone know a solution to stop the spitting?

Thanks in advance
Jay

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
I'm making 1.5 ohms coils mate, currently on 120watts with the heat set to 300

I'll redo the cotton now, thanks mate :)
So, you are using temp control at 300 degrees Celsius (?!?) with a 120 watt setting? I would definitely lower that wattage setting. Maybe something in the 20 to 25 range and adjust from there. 572 Fahrenheit also seems high, maybe you meant 300 Fahrenheit not Celsius?

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
Yeah I did mean Celsius lol I've just tried your advise, started at 20 watt, and worked my way up, also lowered the temp to 200 Celsius and at 35 watt, it now seems absolutely perfect with no spitting whatsoever :) :) what temp would you recommend mate?

Thank you very much for the help mate, it's muchly appreciated :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You could make life easy for yourself.

Buy a pack (like, 50) of the required resistance from Fasttech. I'd buy 0.8 to get a 0.4 dual coil.
You could buy 0.5 for 0.25 on the Dripbox...

I use pre-mades now on drippers, but I still make my own (for the perfect diameter) for tanks.

Next order, I'm getting some way out designs of coils. :)

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
You could make life easy for yourself.

Buy a pack (like, 50) of the required resistance from Fasttech. I'd buy 0.8 to get a 0.4 dual coil.
You could buy 0.5 for 0.25 on the Dripbox...

I use pre-mades now on drippers, but I still make my own (for the perfect diameter) for tanks.

Next order, I'm getting some way out designs of coils. :)

Thanks mate, tbh the only reason I haven't been using the pre-made coils is because I've heard you get less spitting and a better hit from the ones you make yourself, but that was with research for my kbox mini, I guess I just assumed it would be the same concept for the dripper

I will buy a pack of pre-made coils and give them a try :)

Still fairly new to all this, so always appreciate all the advice I can get :)

On another note, my loyalty card for Vaporised is getting a nice amount of credit on it, almost time to buy a new mod I think :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks mate, tbh the only reason I haven't been using the pre-made coils is because I've heard you get less spitting and a better hit from the ones you make yourself , but that was with research for my kbox mini, I guess I just assumed it would be the same concept for the dripper

I will buy a pack of pre-made coils and give them a try :)

Someone is pulling your leg mate. Machine vs hand.... it's a total no-brainer.

I made some coils today for a dripper (little boy RDA) just for a bit of fun. It really isn't worth trying to save 20p (per atomizer, 10p per coil) once every month. There's a whole industry devoted to selling coiling kits and stuff for £30 a throw....
The only thing I do like is the Kuro coiler clone (2.5mm/3mm) which is pence for those that don't like the "little Blue Screwdrivers" or "drill bits"

(It's all boy's toys, really.:D)

That doesn't mean you should buy some from a shop or ebay, 'coz those guys are just buying them from Fasttech and charging a fortune. I've seen 2 fasttech coils for £4.50 in a shop. :eek:

Reactions: Jay89

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
Someone is pulling your leg mate. Machine vs hand.... it's a total no-brainer.

I made some coils today for a dripper (little boy RDA) just for a bit of fun. It really isn't worth trying to save 20p (per atomizer, 10p per coil) once every month. There's a whole industry devoted to selling coiling kits and stuff for £30 a throw....
The only thing I do like is the Kuro coiler clone (2.5mm/3mm) which is pence for those that don't like the "little Blue Screwdrivers" or "drill bits"

(It's all boy's toys, really.:D)

That doesn't mean you should buy some from a shop or ebay, 'coz those guys are just buying them from Fasttech and charging a fortune. I've seen 2 fasttech coils for £4.50 in a shop. :eek:

I thought as much tbh Gotta admit though I do quite like building coils, it gives me something to do when I'm bored, definitely going to buy some pre-made coils tomorrow though

It's funny you should say about them, I've got the kudro coiling kit :) bought them a before I starting making coils, thought it would be better than using a screw driver to make the coils lol

On another different note I've just made a big mistake, I figured, now I've got the dripper I could use the liquid I'm not to keen on it that, just cause it burns it quicker and it'll get rid of it

Now, when I first started vaping I was using liquid with 12mg of nic in it, I've since dropped down to the 6mg, anyway, I used the last of the 6mg liquid that I didn't like, then started on the 12mg, soon realised that was a MASSIVE mistake, kind of blows your head off lol won't be doing that again in a hurry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
......I figured, now I've got the dripper I could use the liquid I'm not to keen on it that, just cause it burns it quicker and it'll get rid of it

A dripper is also good when you find out you have 40 bottles with only 1-2ml per bottle left.
Eventually, this happens if you are like many of us.. :)

Reactions: Jay89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread