Kanger Pro Tank Broken? DON"T throw it away!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Would it be easier and more precise to drip from a bottle with a needle cap.
I just bought some needle caps for my bottles in case I needed them, as I started using carto's.
This is very kool, (and so are you), as I'm a klutz that has ProTanks.
My dad would of got along great with you. To him, "necessity was the mother of invention"
Thanks ... and what about a needle cap ??????

ChaoticDayZ

Nov 13, 2012
Chicago
Hi Im having problems with my Kanger Pro tank right from the start .I was and still am using a ViviNova 5ml tank set up . I just received the Kanger 1 it looks awesome but I just cant seem to get a good contact . Im used to scewing the wick piece into the top and fill + im ready to vape . This one it seem you just drop the wick + metal rod into the hole it does not thread then put it together but im getting nothing .Any idea what im doing wrong .Im waiting for the place I bought the 2 new tanks to get back to me .Maybe you can help . Thanks -Bruce I figured it out this tank is great easy draw really nice sorry

Last edited:

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
I was literally just thinking about doing this. I watched PBusardo's vid on the Evod heads and rebuilding them and thought to myself why not just make my protank a dripper. Now I wonder if its safe to use the Protank with super low ohm coils

I've used .6 ohms coils with no problems. The tank being naturally "airy" seems to work well.
BUT...
Using low ohm coils on this little dripper..... NOT a good idea!
Your mouth is only about 15mm from the coil, so I'd just stick with the stock 2.5ohm coils. It's really just suited for quick flavor checks while DIY juicing.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
If you're like me you jumped on the ProTank the minute it hit the stores. I got 2 right off the bat, along with 10 replacement coils.
Good thing too, because last week I dropped it on the concrete and busted it wide open. It has been laying on my desk begging to be brought back to life.
Being a fabricator, I have sworn an oath to never let good stainless go to waste. LOL!

Anyway, since I didn't have a dripping atty to test my DIY juices.... yeper You guessed it!! I made one from the broken Pro Tank. (No tools required) ;)
Drum roll please.....
Introducing the all new Pro Drip 01!!!!!

prodrip1.jpg

And the Pro Drip Fountain edition!

prodrip2.jpg

Everything just screws together and the drip tip (at least this model) slides very nicely over the center post.
Just drip 6 to 10 drops of juice in the cup (NOT down the drip tip!) and vape away.

WARNING!!
I've used this for several hours/flavors and have not had any problems. ie: popping juice into my mouth, eyes, nose, armpits or outside of the drip tip/cup.
BUT!!!
Since your face will be in very close proximity PLEASE be careful!!!!
Crank your voltage DOWN and aim AWAY from small children and large pets on the first test fire.
These components were NOT meant nor intended to be assembled or used in this fashion. (that sounded official!)
Also, the coil I used is OEM, meaning it has BOTH flavor wicks installed. Which will help prevent juice popping up the tube.
[end warning]

On a side note, the broken glass can be removed by gently heating the stainless to soften the epoxy. ooooh.. more parts! ;)

[EDIT~~~ cause I got too much nic playing with this thing!]
To clarify, you do NOT need a broken ProTank. You can do this with just the parts as show below. Which include a drip tip that will fit over the center post of the coil. (Sorry bout that!)
prodripparts.jpg

Nice
:)

Very clever.

WA3PNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Chino Valley, AZ
www.rodeogeorge.com
I couldn't find a tip that would work. Took a Kanger T2 Tip/Top, put it in a drill, and turned down the bottom to where it would fit into the cone. The threads are the same as those on the inside of the cone, so it screw right in/on and the seal mates with the lip inside the cone.

RodeoGeorge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread