• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kanger Protank leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hell, CA
I've got 3 or 4 that I have used, I have rebuilt the heads on all of them, I have used 3mm silica wick, 2mm ekowool, and xc-116. I've had no problems, and no leakage. I did have 1 that had the base come off, I stuck it back on with silicon. no leaking. maybe I've just gotten lucky, but I've had no issues at all.

moijamie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Netherlands
any1 having any leaking issues with this tank when its left on its side?
makes that bubbly sound when i suck in.
when i blow out, the juice comes out from the bottom.

let me guess you removed one of the top wicks? if you did just put it back :p mine leaked aswell when i took one out when i puted it back no more leaking

CCasualAMF

May 28, 2013
UK
Same as the others here sorry; I've experienced no leaks with my Protank.

Mine is usually resting on it's side when not in use (I get quite annoyed that thread prevents you from standing it up to be honest as I use the plinth/collar with other tanks so just leave it on my Twist).

I find the tank has quite an airy vape anyway and I seem to be in a minority that likes the crackle/popping sound (on any and every tank) while vaping so that doesn't bother me.

But, as others have pointed out, the issue could be result of many factors so for the record I use the following setup -

2.5ohm
2 Wicks (originals, I havent replaced the wicks just taken the top one out)
6mg 70/30 PG/VG mix

Also, I rinse in warm water and leave to air dry for at least 24hrs inbetween flavours.

I hope you find some help here and are able to use the Protank to it's full potential as it is most definately a beneficial beast to have in the vape box.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
Okay hope this helps others.
Read up a bit.

Heard that you shouldn't remove the top wick if you vape at 60pg or more.
Also a big problem seems to be that it starts gurgling once the juice reaches 1/3 or less.

Solution seems to be to take it off the PV, invert it and open/close the bottom cap to equalize the pressure in the tank.
Another is to detach the bottom part and blow out the excess juice.
Blow from the bottom part which attaches to the PV.
Gonna try all of these if it happens and let you guys know how it goes.

Aalleexx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
HongKong Kowloon
Read up a bit.

Also a big problem seems to be that it starts gurgling once the juice reaches 1/3 or less.

Solution seems to be to take it off the PV, invert it and open/close the bottom cap to equalize the pressure in the tank.

Wa I am so tempted to buy a protank to try. Poisonous haha.

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Read up a bit.

Never had gurgling once the juice reaches 1/3 or less. Had that problem with the T3, but the pro, it is rock solid.

Not sure what your saying about the top wick. There is only one set of wicks. If you remove any of the wick you will get a leak. If you put to much wick in it, it will run dry and you will get the burnt taste. Kept playing with the wick with the T3 and never fixed the gurgling.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Wa epic, u are now more of a collector Lao. Haha. U are seriously poisonous. Btw I think will be getting the VM soon. As I got my CC details le. Horray.

Haha yeah. I would like to own the chi you and caravela too. Exquisite stuff man.

Congrats, now u can get poisoned all the way. no antidote though. Haha.

Aalleexx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
HongKong Kowloon
Haha yeah. I would like to own the chi you and caravela too. Exquisite stuff man.

Congrats, now u can get poisoned all the way. no antidote though. Haha.

Whaha what's a chi you..? Btw lots of things to learn from u when I go into mech. I will get the vm first b4 I ask ya more. What I know is ur soo darn poisonous. Heeheehee.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Never had gurgling once the juice reaches 1/3 or less. Had that problem with the T3, but the pro, it is rock solid.

Not sure what your saying about the top wick. There is only one set of wicks. If you remove any of the wick you will get a leak. If you put to much wick in it, it will run dry and you will get the burnt taste. Kept playing with the wick with the T3 and never fixed the gurgling.

Actually the one set of wicks are in fact 3 small wicks. It can be removed. Most ppl would remove the top one, leaving 2 behind, one of them being the coiled wick. Removing the top one gives a better draw and better flavor. Well as for running dry and getting burnt taste, any tanks will be the same if u are chain vaping too fast and not giving the wicks enough time to absorb the juice. That's the most common way of going into that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread