Kanger Subtank mini POPPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbferg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Asheville, NC
I've had two OCC coils pop and spit and two that did not using the same juice at the same wattage on the same mod. When mine pop and spit, they do it when first fired and then crackle as usual. I consider crackling good (normal) and popping/spitting bad. It's frustrating when you get a spitter.

Reactions: rangerrobin

rbferg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Asheville, NC
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would ask this question here. Has anyone that's had the pop/spit issue with the Kanger OCC coils been able to figure out a way to solve the issue. My original included 1.2 ohm coil popped and spit the most. I tried the original .5 ohm coil that was included and got zero popping/spitting, just normal crackling. I picked up a 5-pack of 1.2 ohm coils and the first one I tried worked perfectly for three weeks with zero popping /spitting. Today I installed a new 1.2 ohm and guess what :ohmy: it pops and spits. I have a IPV Mini 2 (70w) and start new coils out at low wattage (12w) and work my way up and I rarely vape above 20w. I've been using the same juice (Hangsen RY4 6mg) with each coil and I let them saturate for twenty minutes or so and then take a few primer pulls with air closed. I've seen it suggested that higher VG may help, but I don't understand why some coils do it and some don't with the same juice? Any suggestions appreciated!

Last edited:

erratum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Kansas City
I didn't get the popping with the .5 ohm OCC but the 1.2 ohm OCC pops ... louder/stronger the more it sits without firing. I have a new .5 ohm OCC that I will be installing today. We'll see if this one has the same issue.

It's really no big deal, but if you aren't thinking about it, it can catch you off guard.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Popping and spitting is the least of my problems with the subtank mini. My biggest issue is the constant leaking. I've tried just about everything... changing o-rings, stuffing more cotton on one side.. you name it. It still leaks more often than not. It's my least favourite tank... actually I'm pretty much ready to chuck it out the window!

Reactions: Vannah15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread