Kanger Subtank Mini Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperbum

May 24, 2015
I've got an empty Subtank in my hand right now. I can. screw it back together with no resistance at all. The lid of the barrel has a rubber seal inside it so that creates the vacuum your talking about. Maybe that's at fault.
Yup Thats what it is
Just tried a little juice and it didn't help
I just have a little resistance now.. mabe it
Both my Subtanks are Subtank Minis. 22mm
Ya that what I got too

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Talking about the kayfun V4.

Had to improvise a rubber ring into the 510 pin the day i got it because it was just too loose when i wanted to unscrew it. The problem was that my SvoeMesto Provari ring sat proud of the Provari so i had to adjust the pin of the Kayfun.

Obviously it's designed to fit directly onto a mod. So nothing wrong with it. Works perfectly now. Incidentally it's authentic and cost me £120 from Cloud9 vaping. I wasn't prepared to deal with all the problems that come with a clone.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
How does she vape a kayfun is next on my list after I get a new rda

Well i have to say that i knew what i was buying from the get go. I already had a Russian 91%,

and so i was expecting the same kind of vape as that, which is what i got. I enjoy the lung hits and big vapour from my RTA's but i need something for the mornings when i can't handle lung hits. The Kayfun is perfect for the early mornings, ymmv. At the moment my build is a 2mm id, 2.5 ohm coil with 32 awg and it vapes really well, but, going to get some 28awg and lower the ohm's to about 1.8'ish so i can give it more power with my Provari. I kept slipping up and not closing the juice control when filling and flooded it and it leaks all over the place. So that's one thing to remember. Easy to fill from the top though. All in all i'm loving this thing. Saving for a P3, got to give the Kayfun some justice, besides the Russian is getting neglected.;)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I'm struggling to find a decent rta to be honest to in love with drippers and just can't find an rta that hits like them

I never got round to dripping. I figured that there is just too much work involved, too much of a hobby if you like. Though it does come down to how well the build is. I've never even tried to build more than two coils but what i don't like is how much power gets used by using more than one coil. the RTA's suit me just fine as far as vapour production is concerned. I got a Youde Goliath which performs quite well, bit juicy, only had it for a couple of weeks and still haven't got round to getting the right wire for it. Again i think i need some 28awg wire. It vaped ok with 26 but it's a bit of a tight fit. There have been some mixed reviews on the Goliath. I got some 0.7 ribbon wire but that's no good, again a really tight fit and it didn't perform any better than a Subtank. I was thinking about some 0.5 ribbon wire and i still might and just see how i get on. The wire is starting to pile up. When i think i've chosen the right wire and it turns out it's not it goes into my little box along with the rest. And these are 50 metre spools. I'm pretty certain now that 28 is what i need for more than one of my RTA's if not all of them except the Subtanks. The stock RBA coils turned out to be 25 awg, 5 wraps of that = 0.5 ohm. I know i can increase vapour production with the others with some ribbon wire but i just need to figure out which type. Pretty certain it's the 05x01. Might even try it in my Kayfun. It's a very confusing time.:lol:

Terrorbite1492

May 23, 2015
Hey, I have another issue with the kanger sub tank nano . the rba base is stuck to the battery thread. Unable to remove. Tank and coil are fine. Any suggestions?
You can try a couple of things I have heard tapping it against something can help loosen it but I'm not sure about that or you could try soaking it in hot water see if that frees it up other than that maybe wrap a towel round it and get some pliers on it just be very gentle

It sounds like the coil might be sitting too high on the deck, and when you try to screw the whole base in, the chimney is pushing up on the coil. This happened to me once when I made one of my coils really big because I ran out of my normal 26g wire. So I used 24g wire instead instead. I usually do 5 wraps with the 26g around the little screwdriver that came with my subtank mini and this gives me 0.5-0.6 ohms which I really like. The size and width of the coil is awesome for the Subtank mini rba deck. But since the 24g wire is lower resistance, I had to make the coil bigger diameter wise to get 0.5 ohm. I could have made it wider but I find 5-6 wraps the most I like to go with the rba deck. Anyways the coil was hitting the chimney and I couldn't screw the base in. Solved the problem by seating the coil lower on the deck.
P.s. I'm still quite new to building my own coils so I'm sorry if my terminology is off, or if it's difficult to understand what I'm trying to say. I don't use a jig or drill bits so I cannot give accurate measurements of my coil diameters etc.

vinay65

May 12, 2015
47856de1755f1b132eaeaa1977b3aefa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread