Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarettes in Public' started by MrPloom, Aug 22, 2013.

1. MrPloom

MrPloom Senior Member ECF Veteran

Happens to me too often. Anyone else?

2. irdoom

irdoom Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

I've really never been asked to not vape somewhere, most people just ask me questions about it, then leave me alone. However I do know a couple people who get asked to not vape.

3. house mouse

house mouse Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I tend to be real discreet with mine in public. So no one has ever asked me to stop because they've not noticed me doing it.

4. NicoHolic

NicoHolic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nope. Don't vape in public where I wouldn't smoke.

5. irdoom

irdoom Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

I try to be as discreet as possible too. Like when i'm at a restaurant I exhale down towards my feet.

6. catalyst

catalyst Senior Member ECF Veteran

I still haven't had anyone tell me I couldn't vape. The closest I came was a co-worker complained about the vaping. I had just converted over a half dozen smokers to vaping and our offices were filled with vapors. I was standing in the hall when she was complaining to the supervisor (who had just switched to vaping.) She started telling him that it was an 'overpowering' smell. I stood literally 5 feet behind her and blew clouds, CLOUDS I tell you, the whole time she complained. Then he asked her, do you smell it now? She said no. So, he said to turn around....the hallway was almost filled with vapor. He said, do you smell it now? She got red faced and stomped out of the office. She hasn't said another word. :)

7. Vapo Marx

Vapo Marx Super Member ECF Veteran

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I've only been vaping for a couple of months and I don't do it flagrantly in places where it's not likely to be tolerated.

8. Robino1

Robino1 ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Priceless!!!!

9. E_DeCastro

E_DeCastro Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have been vaping since 09 and have never been told once to stop vaping. although, I'm not rude and won't just start blowing clouds at a restaurant or movies. I know someone people will just never understand.

10. MrPloom

It mostly happens to me at movie theatres during a late showing. Or at some open air malls. I wish it was a bit more accepted! I guess ill try to be descreet. :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

11. Denrock316

Denrock316 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Same here.....

12. MrPloom

I didnt realize I was being unreasonable. Ill just have to tone my actions down a bit. Thank you all for your thoughts!

13. vjc0628

vjc0628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

No Never ,Ive gotten strange looks but that is about it
    I also would not expect to vape where smoking is not permitted

14. cocacola31173

cocacola31173 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Im too chicken to try to vape where smoking is not allowed. Although one time after a very very long wait in the doctors waiting room I did sneak some vaping in the restroom. It was a private one though.

15. crawler65

crawler65 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I just flew to Phenix AZ and back last weekend, 4 planes, vaped on all 4, and no one said a word. I was not stealth vaping either.
    Last night my chapter had a fund raiser where we were working in a McDonalds resteraunt, I was working a register (harder than I thought LOL!) and thought nothing of vaping while doing it. Unbeknownst to me, the Mgr. saw me doing it and went to the owner (a member of our chapter ;) ) and said "One of those bikers is out there smoking at the counter" the brother replies "Do you want to go tell him to stop?" (Knowing full well that I'm vaping, NOT smoking) her replie "NOOOO, no I don't" so the brother tells her "I guess we just have to let him smoke then" LOL!!!
    I have yet to be asked to not/stop vaping. :D

16. MrPloom

Awesome! Then im not alone.

17. vjc0628

vjc0628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

curious thogh if that is happening so much where are you vaping that people are asking you to stop?

18. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    For all the people that are fine with not vaping in places where smoking is not allowed...

Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape at the beach?
    Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape in a public park?
    Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape anywhere inside a baseball stadium?
    Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape anywhere on a college campus?

19. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter Pride Male Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I am taking a girl who is a vaper to a movie tonight (which I think is an awful date idea, BTW, but she kind of insisted and is paying). She has never stealth vaped through a movie before....we will see how it works out. The real date (dinner and drinks) happens afterwards.

Perhaps her sense of adventure will be whetted by the experience....

But I digress....the last place I was asked not to vape was also a movie theater. I do not do it in a full theater, but if it is pretty empty....I do.

20. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter Pride Male Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Absolutely not. I apply common sense to these regulations.

Now, I brace myself for the inevitable, "You are gonna make so many people mad it will ruin it for everyone and it will be banned because of you being an inconsiderate jerk" comments....