• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Laws and Vape Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
There is a bit of confusion about the 2 bills that became law that impact vapers, so I thought I'd post to help clear some of that up.

All laws go into effect the first of July after the end of the General Assembly. BUT that does NOT mean all laws are enforced on that date.

436 mandates all vaping liquid be contained in bottles with child resistant caps and tamper evident seals. Also vape shops must have a tobacco retailers license and either ban children from the premises or not have ANY nicotine within reach of consumers. (This means customer's bottles/gear too) This law is to be enforced the first of August 2015.

1432 which covers juice production, labeling, and licensing of any producer selling within the state of Indiana is to be enforced the first of July 2016.

Hoosier Vapers Inc will be fighting 1432 in the courts and the legislature and will need your help. (note the club, Hoosier Vapers, has become a legal entity, 501 c4, to enable raising funds directly for the fight for all vapers in the state. I am no longer president, just a board member as my wife had kindly asked me to reduce my stress level because she worries about me more than I do.)

The legal fight alone is 6 figures to get started. Add in the costs for fighting in the legislature and this stuff gets very expensive very quickly. Most shops in the state are involved and will be donating significant money, but we will all need to help.

There are changes coming to the Hoosier Vapers web site and Facebook page.

Shelbyville has already lost a shop and unemployed 5 people as a result of 1432 being signed into law. They didn't see themselves as able to keep fighting. We have seen posts that some juice producers are, or plan to, stop shipping to Indiana. This is a fight that doesn't have an easy road, but it is important. Not just for vapers in Indiana, but for vapers that aren't vaping yet, and to show other states we will not be shoved aside, ignored, and treated like criminals for choosing vaping over smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread