Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
The Provari 2.5 paired with the Aqua v2 experiment didn't last long. Even with a 28ga coil at 1.4 ohms, the coil was too slow to heat and the vape was cooler than I like it. I even cranked the Provari to 5 volts.

On the ZNA Lite (30w Evolv) at 13 - 14 watts, it's just perfect.

Went back to a 26ga coil at .9 ohms in that Aqua. Now I just have to fiddle with my KFLs when I have time. Even with replacement tanks, every durn one of them leaks. Probably need to replace o-rings. I'll get around to it someday. With those, the Provari shines.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Well, that's why I like the boost feature on the P3. I couldn't run 28 gauge on the P2 for the reason you mention. Now I run 28 gauge on the P3 and it heats up instantly. I always used 30 gauge on the P2.

In my notes I jotted down your observation that 28 ga takes too long to heat up. I've done dual coils using 30 ga, but I don't remember if I've tried singles. I didn't even think of that. Good point! Thanks, Bronze. I'll have to try it. Either that, or sell the P2.5, which I'd rather not do.

Flavor is intense in the Aqua, and some of the HHV fruits I have are better slightly muted as with the KFLs (compared to the Aqua - KFLs are still flavor machines in their own way.)

Reactions: Chakris

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
In my notes I jotted down your observation that 28 ga takes too long to heat up. I've done dual coils using 30 ga, but I don't remember if I've tried singles. I didn't even think of that. Good point! Thanks, Bronze. I'll have to try it. Either that, or sell the P2.5, which I'd rather not do.

Flavor is intense in the Aqua, and some of the HHV fruits I have are better slightly muted as with the KFLs (compared to the Aqua - KFLs are still flavor machines in their own way.)
A single coil 30 gauge should work nicely on the P2.5. It really is old technology now and was designed for single coil. 30 gauge is best. You should get good vapor production and flavor from that setup. I did 10 wrap micros around a 2.0mm diameter. Gives around 1.8 - 2.0 ohms. Just keep jacking up the volts till you like it.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
A single coil 30 gauge should work nicely on the P2.5. It really is old technology now and was designed for single coil. 30 gauge is best. You should get good vapor production and flavor from that setup. I did 10 wrap micros around a 2.0mm diameter. Gives around 1.8 - 2.0 ohms. Just keep jacking up the volts till you like it.

I've added this sage advice to my notes. :thumbs:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Beware multi post coming up
will edit in the morning
lol. I'd bet those Twist devices got more people off cigs than just about any other device.

as long as I have tobacco, everclear, nic base and VG along with some source of electricity.... be it batteries, powersupplies, solar panels etc... Ill be happy :)

It's true. Me included. My reluctance is because I'd be mostly limited to Halo's tanks for it, and they are top fed. That long silica wick really mutes the flavor. That's why their flavors are so bold. I tried some in my Kayfun and it was intense! Not in a good way. Guess I'm spoiled now.

And I will help you publish your underground DIY materials and tips for McGivering a power source, so you can share the love with the rest of us. :)

Remember you had to tip and twirl those top coils?

ahhh the Flick and Swish... :)

Can't believe we had to deal with that.

Running above ohm , I don't see much difference in battery life between the REO and regulated devices , there's definitely something to be said about a mod that can be cleaned in a dishwasher and doesn't take a backseat to anything in regards to flavor with the right atty on it .

Dang, I've still got some Vivi Nova coils that have the short wicks on them. And I've still got a few unused Vivi Novas around. Like you, I think I'd quit vaping if I had to use them exclusively like I did for so long. But I'm saving them for the Vapocalypse.

I've got a Reo mini that I haven't used in a long time. But having a mod that you can pull the battery out of and hold it under the hot water faucet to clean it is nice.

The only reason I haven't cut out that older stuff, is for back ups. Yes, the vapocolypse. I shudder to think about it. The micro managers just tick me off. I like to be prepared. If the stuff hits the fan, I don't want to be high and dry without proper gear. :danger:

give it time... the government will start putting the pressure on juice makers to add the the juice the "magic" ingredient that will cause all sorts of issues to health ( think ciggies) and then the states will get their funding as they do now with ciggies.... sooo with this in mind, vaping isnt going anywhere soon...

You may be right. The government needs to stay out of it though, completely.

just maybe the government will outlaw VG in juice and make all juices 100PG and everyone will get heartburn.. :)

Yup, it is nice. Right now Im exclusively using KayFun original and KF V4 with a Provari and ZNA clone. The Panzer/Magma is waiting on the back burner for some dripping juice.

RedBox has Skyfall for 1.29$ :)

The Provari 2.5 paired with the Aqua v2 experiment didn't last long. Even with a 28ga coil at 1.4 ohms, the coil was too slow to heat and the vape was cooler than I like it. I even cranked the Provari to 5 volts.

On the ZNA Lite (30w Evolv) at 13 - 14 watts, it's just perfect.

Went back to a 26ga coil at .9 ohms in that Aqua. Now I just have to fiddle with my KFLs when I have time. Even with replacement tanks, every durn one of them leaks. Probably need to replace o-rings. I'll get around to it someday. With those, the Provari shines.

Well, that's why I like the boost feature on the P3. I couldn't run 28 gauge on the P2 for the reason you mention. Now I run 28 gauge on the P3 and it heats up instantly. I always used 30 gauge on the P2.

Sage is good advice for turkey dressing too.
Here in Vegas, there's a place where you can get a giant plate of sage chicken and waffles. Phenomenally delicious!

A picture is worth a thousand words..... Here's a couple grand worth...
My Vape Museum
Remember soaking in Absolute Vodka & Polident - I'm lucky if I have time to rinse with water these days. Notice there's two more boxes behind not opened, more atty's plus cable and mesh etc. etc. In box #4 is the only one I use - slightly smaller than this one - it has some 30g Kanthol, a strand of Rayon and some tools.

vape_station_4.jpg
vape_station_3.jpg
vape_station_6.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

DragonsFire.jpg

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Your multi-post was there, but with no comment from you. It looked like you were gonna have a marathon of writing in response to each quote! ;)

Here's hoping your vape mail gets to you lightning fast!
@LAwaters There should be a comment now and some pics and thanks for the good vibes on the vape mail. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll only take a week to get across the boarder. :D

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Looks like you have nothing to fear in regards to running out of gear. Now juice though, that is where you need to tweak it. Buy some nicotine juice. Wait for a sale. That's what I did. I put it in the freezer. You never know when it will be required.
While I wouldn't mind too much if I had to go back to using those Evods and T3s there's no way I'd be messing round with those gennie style tanks on the stand in the background. Too much hassle wrapping and wicking SS mesh! Though, straight Rayon wicks might work well with those. ;)

BTW - none of those eGo style batteries work any more plus the rubberized paint/covering they had on them is starting to deteriorate and they're all sticky. Just doesn't hold up to Thai heat and humidity, I guess.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
While I wouldn't mind too much if I had to go back to using those Evods and T3s there's no way I'd be messing round with those gennie style tanks on the stand in the background. Too much hassle wrapping and wicking SS mesh! Though, straight Rayon wicks might work well with those. ;)

BTW - none of those eGo style batteries work any more plus the rubberized paint/covering they had on them is starting to deteriorate and they're all sticky. Just doesn't hold up to Thai heat and humidity, I guess.
I got rid of my genny long ago. The most finicky atty I ever had.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

I use silica in the tank to build base and lay rayon on top of the silica... the silica keeps the rayon "dripper" wet and it doesnt leak when laid down on its side.... been using this for 2 yrs now.... and also, I use horizontal coils to hold the rayon in place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread