Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Sweet new toys, Always! Good looking, compact, awesosme setup. Is this your first wide bore tip? I love mine, and wouldn't want to go back. Congrats! Love the pics! :thumbs:

77cf9281da4b159b0b784551f3f8141a.jpg

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Sweet new toys, Always! Good looking, compact, awesosme setup. Is this your first wide bore tip? I love mine, and wouldn't want to go back. Congrats! Love the pics! :thumbs:
Yeah I thought they looked weird and wouldn't make much difference, I was wrong. Still not in love with the looks but I love it.

The only thing I miss is nothing is in colors anymore, I loved doing the girly thing with my egos and matching tanks etc, now its near impossible to find girly looking anything

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Yeah I thought they looked weird and wouldn't make much difference, I was wrong. Still not in love with the looks but I love it.

The only thing I miss is nothing is in colors anymore, I loved doing the girly thing with my egos and matching tanks etc, now its near impossible to find girly looking anything

I'm a freak for brushed silver, so I don't even use the sleeve on my mod, though it could use protection from me too. I haven't seen any glass tanks in colors either, but somebody should do that! Pretty impressive that you jumped right in on high powered vaping! Nothing like that rich, full vapor.

I haven't even considered trying out temp control yet either. I read a lot of discussions about it, and I'm just not ready to dive in. Doesn't help that the posts started to get into the math and science of it all. Interesting stuff, but I just got good at Kanthal builds! Lots of fans of it though.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I'm a freak for brushed silver, so I don't even use the sleeve on my mod, though it could use protection from me too. I haven't seen any glass tanks in colors either, but somebody should do that! Pretty impressive that you jumped right in on high powered vaping! Nothing like that rich, full vapor.

I haven't even considered trying out temp control yet either. I read a lot of discussions about it, and I'm just not ready to dive in. Doesn't help that the posts started to get into the math and science of it all. Interesting stuff, but I just got good at Kanthal builds! Lots of fans of it though.

Well I had a 50w istick and a subtank, so far still haven't managed to make this subtank work for me. Even got a gen 2 version, thinking it was just me or might be better, just can't get the flavor at all in it. It amazes me the difference from one setup to the next, even at close to the same wattage, ohms, etc. And all for around $100 complete setup.

Temp control scares me, tbh the .2 ohm coil just scares me lol I've not ever gone that low, but I'm sure I'll try it eventually. It is definitely the math I keep seeing that turns me off it, math was my most hated subject in school. I still can barely deal with ohms and amperage, and that's only doing what I've been told the mod can handle etc.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Well I had a 50w istick and a subtank, so far still haven't managed to make this subtank work for me. Even got a gen 2 version, thinking it was just me or might be better, just can't get the flavor at all in it. It amazes me the difference from one setup to the next, even at close to the same wattage, ohms, etc. And all for around $100 complete setup.

Temp control scares me, tbh the .2 ohm coil just scares me lol I've not ever gone that low, but I'm sure I'll try it eventually. It is definitely the math I keep seeing that turns me off it, math was my most hated subject in school. I still can barely deal with ohms and amperage, and that's only doing what I've been told the mod can handle etc.

I've seen a lot of people talk about not getting flavor with particular temp control settings. The same setting on a different mod having flavor issues, and things like that. The most common advice is to play with the settings and you will suddenly find that sweet spot. I have found it with Kanthal, and have no need yet to mess with a good thing. I'm also a bit scared of going down that low in ohms.

Math was my least favorite subject too. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
calc of several variables melted my brain....
now the 3D plane stuff I had no issue with... I could "see" what it was doing... parabolic curves in space was awesome

Variables were my thing, hence programming. I had to work hard to understand planes. Other things were more interesting, then life happened. Quantum physics revived my interest in math and sciences, but it's hard to find time to learn new fields these days.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Sitting around 50w. Haven't tried higher yet, half because of battery life and half because I'm afraid if I love it higher I'll end up buying another mod with higher watts hahaha
That's a sweet little mod. I run mine at around 22-25W with the same resistance you have - anymore than that and it too hot for me.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I loved math... but when there was more letters than numbers... thats when I got lost :)
I was ok in math, but liked science better. However, I liked art and music too, which made it hard to decide what to major in college. That's why I joined the Navy and they put me in aviation electronics, which btw, uses a lot of math. I figure they needed technicians more than trombone players.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I just built a new coil in the subtank 30g kanthal 5/6 wraps reading 1.4ohm. Much better hit for me at 11W. It's not killing my throat as was the .5ohm coil. Vaping Godfather from Ahlusion, 70/30 PG/VG & 18mg nic.

How was building in the subtank vs. the various Kayfuns? I'm very curious about the subtanks, hearing so many raving about them.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
How was building in the subtank vs. the various Kayfuns? I'm very curious about the subtanks, hearing so many raving about them.
Building in the subtank is about as easy as a KayFun. I like the way they designed the posts - the sides of the posts extend up equal to the top of the screw. This captures the wire a lot more securely, no more popping out from under the screw. I haven't tried dual coils - there's not room for them. Which doesn't bother me as I don't care for duals much

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
That's a sweet little mod. I run mine at around 22-25W with the same resistance you have - anymore than that and it too hot for me.
Actually, 22W is too high; with this 18mg nic I get super strong Throat Hits and have to turn it down to around 15W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread