Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks for that info Kent (sounds like it would be nearly identical to the size of my Smowell DPV-50 which is fine with me). Got my eye on the subox as well as the Coolfire 4. It's only a matter of time when they offer the subox separately rather than the complete kit, and the 18650 feature is appealing compared to the built-in 2000mah of the Coolfire 4 - although the accuracy and performance of innokin's boards is swaying me towards the Coolfire 4.

Understood. The Defender fits like a glove, is 2600mAh and is rounded on both sides. I didn't like the istick 50 even though both sides were rounded but the width was a minus... for me, the same would be true for the Coolfire IV which is 44mm vs. 45mm on the 50 and it's squared off on the one end. If I didn't mind the width, I'd vape the istick 50 at 4600mAh, and a bit shorter than the Coolfire IV :- ) Again, personal preferences.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
And speaking of fitting like a glove......

pokes, I don't know what the "M" is other than the "M" tank. What's an EM? And no worries about missing my review of it. I think I shall give it a little while longer before making the ultimate decision (Classies or no Classies) but out of the gate, I'd say I expected more. For me, it's the button placement. With a wide (or wide-ish) device, the button is better suited for me in the middle/front of the device. This one requires that you hold it width-wise, which is not completely pleasant to me.

Size-wise, it's a dream come true. The hidden tank is not only adorable but functional. The dial for the wattage will suit any Retro's need, and the color is actually RED RED..... not Chinese PINK red. It's a fingerprint magnet and I don't care for the original Grip coil at all.

Ah... yes, your later post indicates why you put the girl in the fridge :)

Cuz she's so hot? :facepalm:

Darn, shoot!! I should have read the whole thread before I asked the question. [emoji17]

Now what fun would THAT be. Keep 'em on their toes, Ms. poke!

Cirrusx1

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Buffalo Grove , IL, USA
I should have one of these by the end of the week. Hoping for decent device... fingers crossed!
And pics to prove it! I'm liking it.

Mini Mods 1.jpg

Attachments

• Mini Mods 2.jpg
    Mini Mods 2.jpg
    724.7 KB · Views: 56

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

That is really a nice cherry red. I usually like pinks better, but I'm making an exception for that red. Sorry your not falling in luv with it. Finding the perfect itty bitty mod is a challenging quest. I just read your review. I'm still on the hunt too.

I've only seen one site with a pre-order for the Cool Fire and I have to admit, their jewel tone colors have caught my eye. Roosevelt Vape: CoolFire IV by Innokin

I wish the buttons on the subox were interchangable. Imagine the white with red buttons and the black that was all black.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I've never done the "pre-order" thing, but this one has me tempted

Evic VT 60W Box Mod by Joyetech PreOrder $57.99 Orange

And yes, it's itty-bitty for a temp control mod

That's a great price on the pre-order. So far, I'm liking this new Evic. I haven't gotten into temperature control yet, but either this one or the Invader Mini would be a budget friendly way to test out the waters. The Evic kills it with that insane battery life, however -- how could you not want that??? :w00t::shock:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Here's a picture of the Defender with a Lemo (L) and AeroTank Mega (R) The Lemo is 85.5 mm high, AeroTank M is 66 mm (x22mm). Again, Subtank 64mm (all including mouthpiece, but not 510 connection).

Kent...because of yours (and others) apparent happiness with the Heatvape Defender...and because "itty-bitty" is my top priority...and because I have NO interest in 50+Watts...and because I already have all 4 colors of the 30W-iStick...I've been considering the HV Defender for awhile.

But I'm hesitating to buy one now that the 36Watt one has appeared (Spain?). The picture on the site looks mighty close to the 25Watt model currently available in the USA.

I figure if it becomes available in the US in the near future...it might be worthwhile to compare the 2 in regards to size, weight and price.

Mod : DEFENDER 36W

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Kent...because of yours (and others) apparent happiness with the Heatvape Defender...and because "itty-bitty" is my top priority...and because I have NO interest in 50+Watts...and because I already have all 4 colors of the 30W-iStick...I've been considering the HV Defender for awhile.

But I'm hesitating to buy one now that the 36Watt one has appeared (Spain?). The picture on the site looks mighty close to the 25Watt model currently available in the USA.

I figure if it becomes available in the US in the near future...it might be worthwhile to compare the 2 in regards to size, weight and price.

VaporBeast carries the 36W device. PVS & Mods | Defender 36W Box Mod | VaporBeast

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
In the early 1960's, a consortium led by Bill Lear (of Lear Jet) set out to create The Greatest Practical Joke Man Has Ever Known.

The 8-track player they came up with proved to be a resounding success. These things would:
a. Change tracks in the middle of a song -
b. Could not be fast-forwarded or reversed -
c. The tapes ad an average lifespan of approximately 48 seconds, after which they would slow down and start to sound like the adults in a Peanuts cartoon.

And that's not all. Basically, they were simply terrible.

This success greatly angered the nation of China. China was bigger, stronger, older & wiser, yet they were not the ones to come up with this amazing trick on humanity. Since that day they have been focused on an even better practical joke. They've gone to great lengths, and dedicated a tremendous amount of resource, into finally upstaging the hallowed 8-track tapes & players.

Well, the king is finally dead (and love live the king!).

Ladies & gentlemen, I give you The Smowell. I don't even know where to start. Let's see....

OK - the battery compartment. The Allen screws are so tiny that one might require a microscope to remove and replace them. Plus, they don't even sit straight in! You've got to find the correct angle, then HOPE to get them in securely.

Build quality. Oh boy. I firmly believe that if I squeezed hard enough, in one hand, I can crush this thing. It's build like an old, cheap soda can from 1972 ("Tab" comes to mind).

The buttons rattle like a group of kindergarten kids with symbols.

It's a 25 dollar mod that I wouldn't pay 25 cents for (too late now, Bucko!). I'm sorry but the thing just plain bites.

How does it vape, you ask? HOW THE HECK WOULD I KNOW??? I couldn't even get the dang batteries inside.

Kat had originally nicknamed them, "Welly" because she wrestled with the enunciation of the idiotic name "Smowell". I agree, it's a tough-talk. I have now officially changed "Welly" to "Smelly".

And, before I put them up in the classies as a buy one, get one free ("Smelly BOGO Sale, IF YOU DARE!"), I must tip my cap to China. They won.

View attachment 425935

And they're off!

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Regarding the Kanger Subox (aka KBox mini), I may have overlooked it but as of this date/time I can't seem to find any info on Kanger's website (much less anyone else's) regarding the 510 pin. An important feature for me is having a spring-loaded 510 pin (and the 510 connector should sit flush) or I no longer think twice about buying it. If it's not spring-loaded then that's a deal-breaker for me (regardless if the Subtank itself has a spring-loaded pin or not) since other tanks will obviously be used on it. Some comments on FastTech indicate it is a fixed pin (and that would be a major fail in my opinion) but I take that with a grain of salt. If it doesn't have a spring-loaded pin but has a reverse-threaded pin then I might consider it. I do remain optimistic/hopeful however.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Yep. See my reply to you here:

Eleaf Istick Competition - Heatvape Defender

Basically, I don't need the 36W - mouth to lung, slipstream, tootle puffer, etc. lol.... and I like the size of the 25W perfectly now. I don't need anything bigger (or smaller :- )

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread