Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oh, well. What about the Knight? What don't you care for with it? I really, really like the looks of it.

I don't like the fire button placement--I use my thumb to push the fire button, but that's not my main concern. I don't like the fact that the AFC adjustment/holes of my atties may end up right next to the body of the mod; the airflow may be impeded with larger atties and the adjustment may be difficult. Just thinking out loud--I never held one in my hand.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
proxy.php

A dozen KFs? What's KFs?

All clones. Mostly EHPro V2 Lite and I think there's a "plus" on the end as well.

My older ones, well, first two were 3.1s, still in use. Built a few from FT parts, also in use. And one Tobeco.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I don't like the fire button placement--I use my thumb to push the fire button, but that's not my main concern. I don't like the fact that the AFC adjustment/holes of my atties may end up right next to the body of the mod; the airflow may be impeded with larger atties and the adjustment may be difficult. Just thinking out loud--I never held one in my hand.
That's always an issue with side-by-sides. But, the Knight seems to have slightly better access to the tank than the XvoStick (aka Seatbelt). And, I really do love SBSs!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Earrings and goldfish, huh? :)

I found one cheaper than that--and free shipping, and still canceled the order. That battery cap also makes me nervous. It looks like a perfect entryway for any spilled joose right into your battery compartment. And again, that battery cap may just align perfectly with my atty's AFC and cramp my vaping style.

Reactions: DavidOck

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
That battery cap also makes me nervous. It looks like a perfect entryway for any spilled joose right into your battery compartment.
Reminds me of the RoughStack. A very poor design for dripping. The button was right next to the 510 connection.

They sold replacement switches. I bet they sold a lot of them.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
All clones. Mostly EHPro V2 Lite and I think there's a "plus" on the end as well.

My older ones, well, first two were 3.1s, still in use. Built a few from FT parts, also in use. And one Tobeco.

Right. I thought you were perhaps talking about KF mods. :blush: Just wanted to make sure.

Do you have a K4? A KFMv3? I like the more open draw of those latter day Kayfuns.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidOck

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
When your VCT5's die...you may want to consider replacing them with Samsung 30Q's...

According to Mooch's tests (that pufZeppelin posted earlier)...the VCT5 and 30Q both have CDR 20A and MCA 25A...

But...the VCT5 is 2600mAh vs. the 30Q 3000mAh...

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/image-jpeg.550248/

That was my plan, but hopefully by the time they die, there's something even better out. As I said, I'm a "tootle puffer" so this mod wont be pushed often. And I'm still a believer in the original 30a rating. I don't know if Mooch just got a bad batch or what? I've seen them pushed, hard, and come out.
My Pico is on the way, along with a Theorum atty, I figure I'm gonna try the temp control I may as well go head first and I'm a sucker for a genny!

Reactions: gerrymi

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
When your VCT5's die...

I know that the range on this can vary widely, but for over a year now my original 18650's - Samsung 25R's are still working but the 'cycle' has become shorter. I have three mods going that use 18650's along with a few other internal batt mods - Defenders :- ) - so my daily vaping gets split up among them but the majority of puffs are two Kbox mini's/topboxes. I vape at around 11-15Ws. For people with similar but longer experiences with external batts, how long do the 18650's last and are there 'symptoms' other than shorter cycles that tell you they are almost done... dying..... or point me to a battery thread that discusses 'life' of batts....

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello, itty bitty friends. So, considering that no new products will be available on the market after August 8 (unless the FDA ceases to exist), which mods do we like now? I'm thinking about getting a couple more while it's still time. Any tips for a reliable mod with external battery? I like smallish mods with rounded edges, like Kbox mini, iStick 30 etc. I don't want a mech.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hello, itty bitty friends. So, considering that no new products will be available on the market after August 8 (unless the FDA ceases to exist), which mods to we like now? I'm thinking about getting a couple more while it's still time. Any tips for a reliable mod with external battery? I like smallish mods with rounded edges, like Kbox mini, iStick 30 etc. I don't want a mech.

IPVD(x)?

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Hello, itty bitty friends. So, considering that no new products will be available on the market after August 8 (unless the FDA ceases to exist), which mods to we like now? I'm thinking about getting a couple more while it's still time. Any tips for a reliable mod with external battery? I like smallish mods with rounded edges, like Kbox mini, iStick 30 etc. I don't want a mech.

I don't know how long it will last, but I really like the istick pico over the kbox mini. It is small, a little wider than the kbox but shorter, and to me just feels better. The evic mini is still on the market, much less expensive now, has rounded edges but is "squarer" than the kbox mini, but it is firmware upgradable so that's something.

I don't know how high you want to go, but I have to say that the Vape Forward Lite is a really nice single 18650 mod. It feels really sturdy, but not too heavy, is really reliable and (I think) looks great. It is about the size of that original kanger kbox that came out (the one that had buttons for wattages).

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

I went looking for reliability complaints regarding the latest Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 75 watt but didn't find any. 18650 that you can remove to charge or charge internally with USB. Lotto features - no rounded edges though. And if you wants the shiny my precious you have 5 color choices. I want one with the Cubis tank, in gold:

eVic VTC Mini - CUBIS

ETA: Not to imply that this one has razor sharp edges and corners, but when it comes down to looking for "rounded edges" that may be a pretty subjective criteria for one person to the next. So take a peek at the pix.

In the spirit of this thread - the "under 100" part - the Joyetech link is there for best information purposes only. I have seen these as full kits with the Cubis tank for as low as $49.99, and certainly a lot less if you just want the "express" version with no tank and less a couple other bits and bobs.

And to satisfy the "fear factor" thing going around: The full kit with a tank comes with three coil heads - and an RTA building head as well. So if our worst Orwellian dreams come true - if you get it with a Cubis tank the Cubis is rebuildable.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Cloupor Mini or mini+. Both same size, very small and light, rounded edges on a squarish cross section.

Wismec Pressa 75TC. Just a tad taller, business side is arced. The whole side is the fire button. Very comfy and light.

All three are single 18650 and do have builtin charging via usb if you want to use it. (I just swap out and use external charging. Faster and easier for me.)

While the Mini+ and Pressa are TC capable, both work great in power mode, and fire low enough for most tootlers.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

I have many of the mods above - VTC mini, Defender :wub: (internal batt) which I do like but the Defender 50W, nice but not as loved :- ) ... But I just bought 3 Kbox topbox minis (I already have 3 unused Kbox minis) for the rounded edges, not wide, spring loaded and I like the finish better than the earlier models. The topbox also is TC for Ti, Ni, SS, nichrome and it has a bigger screen. All other features the same as the Kbox mini. I only bought the mod without the topbox, because of the problems I have with the Subtank/Topbox leaking. I run GS Air M's on them - one has the GS Tank topper.

I got them at SweetVapes - a vendor I trust with better prices and sells the individual mod without tank and a pretty good price, 2day shipping! - better $ than gearbest where I won't buy any more products.

Kanger KBOX Mini 75W TC - Kangertech - Mods

Also got a few more GS Air M's and coils:

Eleaf GS Air M - Eleaf Tanks - Eleaf - Tanks & Coils
Eleaf GS Air Coils Organic Cotton - Eleaf Coils - Eleaf - Tanks & Coils

and picked up some more LG HG2's:

LG HG2 3000mah 18650 20A - Sony, Samsung, LG - Mod Batts Chargers
there may be better prices but the 'one vendor' option overrides the $ issue on that :- )

I see eciggity also has a similar price on the mod:

Kanger KBOX Mini TC 75W

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

Well Katya...there have been a number of GREAT Mods offered by the experienced people in this thread for you to consider...

My suggestion...ya' might want to consider a Wismec Presa...

After I got my (first) one I found I was (automatically) reaching for it considerably more often than any of my other Mods.

Its "hand comfort" is superb and no matter how I pick it up (right-handed, left-handed, frontwards, backwards) there's NEVER any "Fire Button searching" (its Fire Bar is always just...there!).

I, subsequently, bought more of 'em (and replaced/PIF'd my KBOX Mini, VTC Mini and Defender-50W).

Just sayin'...

Presa TC100W Standard Kit $32.99 by Wismec

Last edited:

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
IPV5_zpsvnil1wwu.jpg
Not sure it counts as itty bitty, but I have been well pleased with the IPV line!
Currently using the 5 topped with ole subtank minis, running SS in TC awesum vape!
Oh and btw, high all you old friends :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread