Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
A working 510 is a very important feature for me. I do not want to deal with a flaky 510 on any mod. When I first started vaping, I had 510 issues on a Vamo, MVP2(?) and istick. I couldn't fix the Vamo but I replaced the MVP2 and iStick with VT510's. There wasn't much of a choice w/o going over $200 for a mod back then. That's why I got into building or modding to get what I want. I did buy a rDNA40 when it first came out for $200.

The mechanical design of the VT75 510 is absolutely asinine. Clean up the threads and it works fine until oxidation builds up enough to cause issues in a few days. I put some Noalox on mine but don't want to risk a burnt hit to test so I don't really use it. Then there's the fact that the plate is screwed on and if it's too tight, it will spread the C frame. I've had it stuck to an atomizer and needed tools (pliers) to remove it. And then there's the battery cap, although a lesser issue since it's an Evolv board and USB charging works flawlessly. I do like the form factor which is why I ordered one. I think the sbody Macro is a much better deal and better made.

My favorite mod is the Silo cased ones (3x 900 and 2x 1300). The main reason I ordered 2 DNA75c was because the case was available for the bigger screen. The VS DNA200 is a close 2nd.
2016-10-15%2014.53.08_zpseimjwdm5.jpg

Still working out the kinks on the DNA75c though.
2017-06-10%2014.33.47_zpsvnjrtzjc.jpg

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
The Epetite is one of my favorite mods ever! There's not one thing I dislike about it.
@JustWondering1 Yes i think the Epetite will be my next mod maybe with some spare panels of the different colors.The only thing about it which concerns me is the fire button not protruding out. Do you find it works ok?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
@JustWondering1 Yes i think the Epetite will be my next mod maybe with some spare panels of the different colors.The only thing about it which concerns me is the fire button not protruding out. Do you find it works ok?

I understand your concern, but it isn't a problem for me at all. Even though the fire button doesn't protrude, its perimeter is beveled and this makes it very easy to feel exactly where the fire button is located. I never have to search for it or look to make sure my fingers are in the right position.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

I would love to know where you have found the different panels for it. I have the abalone, and I love it, but I'd love to have some of the wood panels too.

Reactions: Dubminer

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I'm easily annoyed by fire buttons, and for me the ePetite fire button is very comfortable. It fits right in the exact place on the inside of my thumb that I prefer to use (behind the knuckle), and no misfires or struggles to hit the spot. And then when I want to reposition and use the pad of my thumb, this is also totally comfortable.

It's so much a personal preference, it's hard to say what someone else would like! But the mods that don't have comfy fire button for me are the ones that get neglected, and I use the ePetite all the time. When picking it up, my hand, thumb, fingers all just fall into the right spots without having to adjust or think about it.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I'm easily annoyed by fire buttons, and for me the ePetite fire button is very comfortable. It fits right in the exact place on the inside of my thumb that I prefer to use (behind the knuckle), and no misfires or struggles to hit the spot. And then when I want to reposition and use the pad of my thumb, this is also totally comfortable.

It's so much a personal preference, it's hard to say what someone else would like! But the mods that don't have comfy fire button for me are the ones that get neglected, and I use the ePetite all the time. When picking it up, my hand, thumb, fingers all just fall into the right spots without having to adjust or think about it.

Right! It's so small, my fingers are always in the right position, but I can always feel the fire button as well.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I would love to know where you have found the different panels for it. I have the abalone, and I love it, but I'd love to have some of the wood panels too.
I can't find the panels now.It was a company i had never heard of out of New Jersey.I found it on Reddit but for some reason can't see it now.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
@JustWondering1 Yes i think the Epetite will be my next mod maybe with some spare panels of the different colors.
The only thing about it which concerns me is the fire button not protruding out. Do you find it works ok?

I am also a bit funny about fire-button location (maybe hand size ?)

I think the Pico is a great mod -BUT- that darn fire button is just in the WRONG place :-x (always!)

now the èPetite is just about PERFECT - it has a great PUSH feel and is always there in proper position...

upload_2017-6-17_20-26-37.png

:smokie:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Epitite is nice. Shoot tho, they don't recommend on board charging! Deal breaker for me.

Yeah, the iStick 30 had a great button, 40 was so so, my Zelos is the only mod that ever hurt my finger. Has a curved button like the Pico. Thought it'd be great like that. Am starting to teach myself to use my whole hand and just squeeze it by positioning it near my knuckle.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    Epitite is nice. Shoot tho, they don't recommend on board charging! Deal breaker for me.

Yeah, the iStick 30 had a great button, 40 was so so, my Zelos is the only mod that ever hurt my finger. Has a curved button like the Pico. Thought it'd be great like that. Am starting to teach myself to use my whole hand and just squeeze it by positioning it near my knuckle.
    The Epetite uses an Evolv DNA board so charging on board isn't an issue. I've been charging all my DNAxxx mods via USB for 3 yrs with no issues. Lost Vapes' recommendation is just a CYA move. I would have no worries about charging any Evolv mod via USB.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The Epetite uses an Evolv DNA board so charging on board isn't an issue. I've been charging all my DNAxxx mods via USB for 3 yrs with no issues. Lost Vapes' recommendation is just a CYA move. I would have no worries about charging any Evolv mod via USB.
    I thought I had heard that the boards were good for charging and was surprised to read that on the site. Ty

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

Speaking of which, I have a question for you (@KTMRider ), drawing on your Evolv expertise. I have a bunch of Evolv mods, but one of my Xvos (DNA40) has a nagging little issue, and I don't know if there's anything I can do about it.

It's the battery meter. It (very) prematurely drops down to about 50%. I can "correct" it quickly by breaking the connection (loosening the battery cap), but it kind of bugs me. It's far from a deal breaker, and won't keep me from using the mod (not by a long shot), but I'm just curious.

I keep the contacts & cap all very clean, along with the 510 connector (which is a bit of a pain to clean but well worth the effort). I'm not taking the thing apart because that can potentially create a problem with the hermetical seal (one killed his Xvo by opening it out of curiosity).

So if I have to live with it, I will. But if there IS something I can do about it...(curious).

IF it matters, this is a relatively new development. The mod is approximately 18 months old and it's been fine until maybe two months ago.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Katdarling

KTMRider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    Speaking of which, I have a question for you (@KTMRider ), drawing on your Evolv expertise. I have a bunch of Evolv mods, but one of my Xvos (DNA40) has a nagging little issue, and I don't know if there's anything I can do about it.

It's the battery meter. It (very) prematurely drops down to about 50%. I can "correct" it quickly by breaking the connection (loosening the battery cap), but it kind of bugs me. It's far from a deal breaker, and won't keep me from using the mod (not by a long shot), but I'm just curious.

I keep the contacts & cap all very clean, along with the 510 connector (which is a bit of a pain to clean but well worth the effort). I'm not taking the thing apart because that can potentially create a problem with the hermetical seal (one killed his Xvo by opening it out of curiosity).

So if I have to live with it, I will. But if there IS something I can do about it...(curious).

IF it matters, this is a relatively new development. The mod is approximately 18 months old and it's been fine until maybe two months ago.

Thanks in advance.
    The DNA40 always had issues with the battery meter. I think they tried to fix it with a firmware tweak but it didn't help. The DNA40 isn't user upgradable so there are a few versions out there. I think I have 2 different firmwares and both are a bit flaky with their meters but I've never had an issue with them. You can vape down until you get a "Weak Battery" message as the voltage will still be higher than the point of damage to the battery. I usually vape until the battery meter is about 1/4 and recharge.

In your situation where it drops to 50%, are you using a high amp/voltage build? Is the battery old and tired? Those are the only reason off the top of my head that would cause a quick drop in the meter. I have no idea what the Xvos looks like so I can't help more than that. I couldn't even find a pic googling it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    The DNA40 always had issues with the battery meter. I think they tried to fix it with a firmware tweak but it didn't help. The DNA40 isn't user upgradable so there are a few versions out there. I think I have 2 different firmwares and both are a bit flaky with their meters but I've never had an issue with them. You can vape down until you get a "Weak Battery" message as the voltage will still be higher than the point of damage to the battery. I usually vape until the battery meter is about 1/4 and recharge.

In your situation where it drops to 50%, are you using a high amp/voltage build? Is the battery old and tired? Those are the only reason off the top of my head that would cause a quick drop in the meter. I have no idea what the Xvos looks like so I can't help more than that. I couldn't even find a pic googling it.

Thanks. Yeah - that's kinda what I figured. I had a small truckload of DNA20s at one point too, and it was a constant problem with that one (for me). The 40's have been better so far, and I can live with it.

I'm using LG HG2s, all from Orbtronics, and it happens with all of them (excellent shape). These are the XvoSticks (by MINI ECIG/Chels):

20170617_104616 (Medium).jpg

This issue only occurs with the black one (so far), and I can live with it. I figured if anyone knew about any potential "fixes", it would be you. No worries though, and I will (as previously indicated) absolutely live with it.

Thanks for taking the time - I appreciate it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread