Looking for a mild menthol w/major TH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phayah

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
US
I've only been seriously vaping for about a month now. I'm still having a hard time getting rid of the analogs. I'm smoking about half a pack a day in addition to vaping. Previously, I smoked 2 packs of Marlboro Milds a day. They are like a full flavored analog with a hint of menthol.

I would really like to find a liquid that has just a hint of menthol but a really big throat hit. I know it's not going to taste like an analog but something similar would be nice. As far as throat hit goes, the only juice I've found w/the throat hit I like is Tasty Vapor's 36mg Atomic Cinacide. So, something comparable to that.

I've tried Dekang's 26mg Menthol but it's way too much menthol and not enough throat hit. I've also tried Johnson Creek's 18mg Arctic Menthol and it was way too minty with no throat hit at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Welcome to my search..... I'm looking for the same thing. So far, the best I've found if Halo Menthol Ice. It's got a good flavor, but it still doesn't have the throat hit I'm looking for.

I tried SS Choice Menthol 24mg nicotine - too thin and not enough consistent vapor. The taste was OK. I think from what I can tell that it's 100% VG, but it's so thin.....

I tried TastyVapor Menthol (plain) 24mg nic mixed with 35% VG. Great vapor but it taste just like cotton candy - not like menthol. Too bad too - it could have been the winner if it weren't for the flavor problems.

I tried American E Liquids' menthol 24mg and it was close. Great mild menthol flavor, but not enough throat hit for me. It's 100% VG. It seems to me that you have to have some PG to get that throat hit.

So I'm sticking with the Halo Menthol Ice for now. I haven't tried the Halo Cool 8, but they say it has less menthol flavor than the Menthol Ice. When I first started vaping the Menthol ice, it had a spearmint taste. But now that I've been vaping it for a while, it's more like regular menthol.

I didn't smoke menthol cigarettes, but I like the menthol vapor.

I hope we get some other posts here. There's got to be the perfect menthol out there somewhere - something with a good (but not too strong) menthol (not mint) flavor with a big kick ... TH.

Ed.

Last edited:

Phayah

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
US
Welcome to my search..... I'm looking for the same thing. So far, the best I've found if Halo Menthol Ice. It's got a good flavor, but it still doesn't have the throat hit I'm looking for.

I tried SS Choice Menthol 24mg nicotine - too thin and not enough consistent vapor. The taste was OK. I think from what I can tell that it's 100% VG, but it's so thin.....

I tried TastyVapor Menthol (plain) 24mg nic mixed with 35% VG. Great vapor but it taste just like cotton candy - not like menthol. Too bad too - it could have been the winner if it weren't for the flavor problems.

I tried American E Liquids' menthol 24mg and it was close. Great mild menthol flavor, but not enough throat hit for me. It's 100% VG. It seems to me that you have to have some PG to get that throat hit.

So I'm sticking with the Halo Menthol Ice for now. I haven't tried the Halo Cool 8, but they say it has less menthol flavor than the Menthol Ice. When I first started vaping the Menthol ice, it had a spearmint taste. But now that I've been vaping it for a while, it's more like regular menthol.

I hope we get some other posts here. There's got to be the perfect menthol out there somewhere - something with a good (but not too strong) menthol (not mint) flavor with a big kick ... TH.

Ed.

I've heard a lot of good things about Halo from the forum here. I just wish they offered higher nic than 24mg. That might help with the throat hit? They are a bit more expensive too. I still might try it out. I heard on here they were going to offer samples in the next few weeks. That would make it more appealing.

I was really considering Tasty Vapor's 36mg Tobacco/Menthol but I've heard so many mixed reviews here. Most people say the same as you, cotton candy flavor. I was really impressed with the Atomic Cinacide which really has great TH (and flavor) and most people say all their juice has a bite to it. I love TV's prices too.

I really don't think I like VG at all. I have some ECOpure and every flavor tastes sickly sweet (like rotten fruit), with some kind of marshmallow aftertaste. Plus, it has no throat hit at all. I couldn't vape it at all because it was just gross.

I was thinking about trying TV's liquid with a bit of VG in it but I'm scared of that sickly sweet taste. I have full PG Atomic Cinacide and the vapor is low, the juice very thin. Everything else is amazing though. It's my #1 vape right now.

ramsey2toes

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Racine, WI
I just found something that is working well for me...I have Johnson Creek Artic Menthol and I just found a store that sells small bottles of menthol they made using the menthol crystals. The one with menthol crystals is to strong (th) and cool feeling by itself, but when i fill a cart I add the johnson creek juice and top it off with 2-4 drops of the other and I have the perfect mix and the best TH even better the TV atomic cinn. I just hope they keep making this menthol with the crystals. I know you can buy the menthol crystals, not sure how to make it...but I think some store on here has to sell something close. Anyone find a cheaper juice than johnsons creek, but still has same or similar taste?

ramsey2toes

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Racine, WI
If it helps anyone... I used to smoke Newport 100's. I've had 2 friends try who also love menthol ( not mint) and they are doing this also...it's the closest I found. You always adjust the menthol juice made from the crystals to get it to your liking. I'm still figuring out the perfect mix, so I can mix by the bottles instead of the carts... but I do the little extra work for the great juice, the TH is amazing.

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I do something similar to ramsey. I made up a batch of menthol drops with everclear and menthol crystals. When I feel in the mood for a 'menthol smoke' I find a few drops added to a few ml of tobacco e-juice (I use dekang dk-tab) gives me a nice 'menthol cigarette' kind of taste. And as a bonus, the everclear gives it a nice throat hit.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
As a 30 year menthol smoker I was searching for the same as all of you. After months of testing everyone's ejuice I have come up with what works best for me.

Halo's now call TruePure, a nice mellow smooth menthol not a minty in your face, Menthol Ice is my 2nd choice. Now to improve on the TH, just add a little Everclear. All problems solved, you get the great flavor selection from Halo and believe me they are one of the best and the added TH from the Everclear. Enjoy.

C2DR

Jan 11, 2010
NC, USA
I tried TV's Tobacco/Menthol 24mg all PG liquid...hated it. I don't know about "cotton candy"...it was more like vaping drain cleaner. God-awful! I still have a full 1 oz bottle (minus 1 filled cart) in my collection for anyone that wants it...I'm sure somebody out there loves it otw TV would change it.

In any case...that was the first liquid I ordered from TV. Until now...just got in an oz of 24mg Atomic Cinnacide w/ 20% VG...O M G...... love it!!!! Talk about redemption! It's so good it may be all I buy going forward! The flavor is unreal, throat hit is solid but not cough generating, vapor is nice out of my 901...oh yeah....the flavor!!!!!

Back to the menthol. I've been using the Dekang menthol liquid almost exclusively since I started vaping 4 months ago. It doesn't have a tobacco-ey flavor, so it's just a cool, kinda sweet menthol flavor which I like. Nothing like menthol cigs at all. Flavor wise, it is a little weak. Vapor wise...I can't complain. Throat hit seems to be a little more analogous to a menthol light cigarette than a medium or full flavored menthol analog, that's using a DSE901 w/ man batt. Suited me perfectly since I previously smoked Marlboro Light Menthol cigs.

I just smelled my TV Tobacco/Menthol liquid...it does have sort of a cotton candy smell to it...lol. I stand by my drain cleaner comment earlier tho. Yeah...just dripped a couple drops on a fresh atty and YUCK! Definitely doesn't fit my palette.

Anyway, just my .02

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Today I got the Totally Wicked menthol 18mg (that's their "high level"?) and I wasn't impressed. The flavor was good, but the throat hit wasn't any better than any other juice I've tried. And I didn't realize this, but all their juice is made in China - not a good thing in my book.

I've still got some mint mixed 36mg juice coming from TastyVapor and some menthol from Vapor4life. So we'll see.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Hey Phayah,

i got a bottle of menthol 24mg from Strictly E Juice today and it hits the back of my throat pretty good - the best so far. I never smoked menthol cigarettes, my analog was Kent III Ultra Lights - about 2 1/2 packs a day. I like the menthol vapor. This juice my be too strong on the menthol side for you, it's not what I would call "mild", but it packs a punch in the back of my throat. Can't beat that.

Ed.

SirVette

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Texas

Ed.

I just got the Halo Ice in last Sat. I am a menthol smoker & got the menthol taste (no spearmint) w/hint of vanilla. Really like it!

I got some Creme de Menthe & added a few drops to some of it which increases the menthol.

Currently thinking to get some strictly ejuice menthol & saw your post on that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread