Status
Not open for further replies.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So, I've tried what feels like a hundred different mint/menthol flavors (in reality more like 10-15). In general, my impression with most of them is "OMG LOTTA MINT!"

So far my daily vape is the Volcano Menthol because it has some menthol flavor, but also a rich base flavor. It's a little tough to describe (I tried in the reviews there), but in short, I'm looking for mint/menthol flavors that are "more than just a bunch of mint". Maybe what I need is just some pure menthol on top of something else, but not really sure.

Also, I'm finding a common drawback to a lot of menthol flavors is ZERO throat hit... vape and vape, but it almost feels like it's 0 nic because a drag has no oomph.

Anyone have any recommendations?

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I mix menthol (artic ice) with most of my juices- watermelon, strawberry, peach, pinapple, blueberry.

If you want something 'different' with menthol, try Vapor Bombs Fire n Ice. It's a mixture of Artic Ice and cinnabomb. If you don't like hot juices you might not like it. Cinnabomb tastes like those red hot candies and the Artic Ice cools it off a bit.

I really only vape menthol juices. I like nhalers nuport or Rocky Mountain Vapors menthol. Rocky Mountain Vapors is straight up menthol. You get a definite TH with both of them.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Menthol and fruit flavors sounds like it would be weird... orange juice after toothpaste or something. I've seen others say they liked that as well, though. I'll have to give that a shot. What vendor do you like for fruit flavors? I keep thinking I'd like some fruity ones, but I've yet to find one that I could stick with.

I tried cinna-menthol from Rockstar... I ordered a bunch of stuff from them a while ago just because it was cheap and I wanted to try different things. However, while I love spicy food, inhaling it was a different story. Vaping cinnamon burned a little. Not a lot, but I found it unpleasant.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I know, it does sound weird. But I never thought I'd be vaping fruit flavors! LOL I like the fruit, but I just need the menthol too. I'm not big on sweet juices.

I like the fruit flavors at Vapor Bomb because they aren't sweet. Love Vapor Bomb peach the best, that's great by itself. Backwood Brew has a good watermelon.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Ok, this is really strange. I tried Vapor Bomb peach with a little bit of Totally Wicked menthol (a little too much, actually. Goes a looong way). After a little while, I switched back to the Volcano one I use all the time and it tastes... I dunno... bad. Totally separate cartos and everything, but it's as though it messed with my tastebuds a bit. :blink:

It got back to normal tasting after a couple of hours, but that's really weird after just a few mins of the new concoction. I tried the whole cycle again to make sure I wasn't losing it, and it's a repeatable experience. I've never had one flavor make a lasting impression on a *different* flavor before.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Check out Virgin Vapor's Organic Menthol Moon Drops. All menthol and no mint. Get it with extra flavor and it will knock your socks off. No hint what's so ever of the "Vick's Vapo-Rub" or "Halls Cough Drops" either. It's the best menthol I've found thus far - and I've tried a bunch of them!!!

Good to hear. I actually just got a small bottle of it in a sampler earlier this week, and was trying to figure out what to add it to.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I personally think Mr.E's Menthol is on the money menthol. I didn't taste any mint. I got it at full flavor and woo very enjoyable to me. Google Mr. E Liquid and volia he should pop up. Plain looking site, but not plain liquids. His menthol had plenty throat hit for me. Have you tried Mr. E's Menthol yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread