Looking for a new setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire N Ice

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Louisiana
First off, sorry for another "recommend me" thread, but I've been out of the loop for almost 2 years and to be honest I'm a little overwhelmed at the sheer number of options out there right now.

With that out of the way, on to business. My poor Sigelei 50W is on its last legs. I've had it since Oct. 2014 and while it has been a fantastic device, it's been shutting off randomly and requiring multiple cycles of 5 clicks to get it turned back on only to shut down again within a few puffs. So I think it's about time to retire the old girl and my Ehpro Pontus and upgrade.

I'm looking for a VW dual 18650 box mod. TC doesn't really matter to me, although I would probably try it if whatever I ended up with has it. Looking at 80W minimum as I'll most likely be vaping 70-90W. I'd really like to avoid carrying around an extra set of batteries while out and about, so USB charging is a huge plus. Firmware upgradability isn't that big of a deal as long as the firmware out of the box is mostly bug free. Budget is around $60, but I can go up to $80 for a solid and reliable mod. The 2 that have stood out to me so far are the Asmodus Minikin V1.5 and the vaporesso Tarot.

As far as the atty goes, I've become really attached to the RDTA style rebuildables, so I'd like to stay with those. To be honest, I haven't even looked to see what's out there yet, but I figured since I was already making a thread for a mod, I'd go ahead and toss this in with it. Really all I want is a deck that's easy to build dual coil on and has enough room to support dual parallel builds.

Thanks in advance!

Kabong30

Feb 7, 2016
Caddo Mills, TX
As much as I hate to say it because I think Sigelei handled things very poorly, the Sig/Fuchai 213 works great if you're not doing TC and it has 2 amp on board charging.

As far as an RDTA, I think the Limitless Plus is just outstanding. I am excited to see what he Theorem v2 is gonna look like. Suck My Mod (Matt) was talking about it on the Culture of Clouds podcast the other day and it's gonna be bigger and allow dual coil builds.

srg2692

Verified Member
May 5, 2016
He's talking about the Sigelei/Fuchai. The TC simply doesn't work. It reads the resistance every time you fire whether you have it locked or not, which makes it useless. That doesn't mean that the product is broken. It's an excellent 150 watt VW mod, and that's all that some of us are looking for.

Anyway, the difference. Aside from looks the key difference is the fact that the Fuchai doesn't have the misfiring issue that the original has. It seems to me that the original was a sort of failed prototype which they couldn't fix because it isn't firmware upgradable. There's literally nothing about it that justifies the price in my opinion.

The Fuchai isn't without its flaws, but if you don't mind not having TC or firmware upgrades, and can get past the fact that it's made by a disgusting company, it's a great mod.

Fire N Ice

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Louisiana
Yeah I spent this morning reading through the owners thread. It really does seem to be just what I'm looking for at a terrific price (half of what I paid for my 50w). But as much as I love my 50W I don't know if I can buy something from a company that's been acting as shady as segelei is now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Fire N Ice

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Louisiana
I ended up going with the Vaporesso Tarot and Limitless Plus. Just finished throwing on a dual coil clapton build at .45 and 60W and holy crap! Two hits off this thing and I've already got a nic buzz with 6mg juice. Really loving the heftiness of the Tarot and the Limitless vapes like a dream. Really easy to wick up too.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I ended up going with the Vaporesso Tarot and Limitless Plus. Just finished throwing on a dual coil clapton build at .45 and 60W and holy crap! Two hits off this thing and I've already got a nic buzz with 6mg juice. Really loving the heftiness of the Tarot and the Limitless vapes like a dream. Really easy to wick up too.

I usually vape a 12 mg nic in stuff like a Merlin or Bellus. 6 mg in a Crius Plus. Tried 3 mg in the Limitless and got too much nic. Probably dropping to 1.5 for me. One good thing with the Limitless is you can empty it with another 5 or 6 puffs, and then refill it.:):eek:

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
He's talking about the Sigelei/Fuchai. The TC simply doesn't work. It reads the resistance every time you fire whether you have it locked or not, which makes it useless. That doesn't mean that the product is broken. It's an excellent 150 watt VW mod, and that's all that some of us are looking for.
Most of the functionality of the device is built around TC. It doesn't do TC. It's a 213W device that is incapable of going above 160w. You get a device and anything else you think should work a certain way and isn't, it's never getting fixed because Sigelei decided late in the process to remove upgradability. How is it now a broken device.

I understand specially for people who bought it before hand (like myself) learning to live with it's issues and adapting to how they use it. But it's so bad at being what its advertised to do I agree with Deepfried, its hard to understand why people would want to get a device no matter the form factor when there is just so much wrong with it. There has to be other devices that would fit someone's use case without being half the device that was offered.

Reactions: Deepfried

Fire N Ice

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Louisiana
I usually vape a 12 mg nic in stuff like a Merlin or Bellus. 6 mg in a Crius Plus. Tried 3 mg in the Limitless and got too much nic. Probably dropping to 1.5 for me. One good thing with the Limitless is you can empty it with another 5 or 6 puffs, and then refill it.:):eek:

Yeah i ordered some juice from Vape Wild to try out the same day and made sure I got 3 mg lol. It's so nice to not have to plunge my juice anymore (I was using an Ehpro Pontus before), but man, this thing just eats juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread