Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The issue with small and high wattage is that real (as opposed to merely claimed) max wattage, especially safe max wattage, would depend more on the battery used than the mod. Most mods can’t actually produce claimed max wattage except through boost/buck even with the highest drain batteries available which makes them quite willing to overstrain their batteries causing issues.
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Will have best most current battery data. In there is your real max wattage.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I notice the words “dual 18650” which I didn’t see earlier. Same comment about batteries still applies but now is much easier to achieve because the per battery requirement gets cut in half. Just about any dual 18650 should do 90w with even mid drain rate batteries in it. Your issue is now “small”. The difference between a “small” dual 18650 mod and a “large” one just isn’t that great. One needs a certain amount of space for batteries and a certain amount of space for mosfet. After that it’s all arrangement. There are two general methods: online where the batteries and mosfet are placed in a row like the ageis, and where they form a sort of triangle, like the battle stars and wismecs. At that point it becomes a question of what fits your hand best and how much width they have at the top to take an atty. some inline ones are quite narrow but the result is they can only take 22mm attys. The ageis is quite large, and can take a 30mm atty. some triangle format devices have centrally located pins and can take large attys, some have them off to one side and can’t.
It all depends on what you want.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
^ Bombastinator : I appreciate all the info, but do you have any suggestions? I don't care about the shape of it as long as it can accommodate 24mm atties. All I want it to be is small.
I’m hesitant so say “buy this one” because they’re all a little different. You gain one thing you lose something else. I can say better what DOESNT fit your criteria better than what does.
24mm atty is useful info. A wismec maxes out at 24mm. A battlestar is the same form factor and size but will go larger because they have a centrally located pin. There are a couple inline duals that are quite thin but won’t take a 24mm atty so they’re out. Wismecs are cheaper and lighter but don’t have great reliability reputations. The battlesstars have better reputations but are commensurately heavier. More metal less plastic. Squid industries mods are about as physically small as a mod can be made, but I’m not sure what their atty allowance is.
Still not what you wanted I guess but it’s the best I can do I’m afraid. :/

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Hey. I'm looking for a new dual 18650 mod that goes over 90w and is SMALL.
I literally want the smallest I can get. Size-wise something simillar to smok r-kiss maybe.
Any suggestions?

THe Famovape Magma is a small dual battery mod as well as the CapnKit by Vapio. If you do a google search for small dual battery mods it will give you some others I am sure.

Reactions: bombastinator

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
4445C913-F105-4936-90B7-5E027DA13CC9.jpeg
AsMODus minikin v2. This one is the stabwood version, but I have the other ones and they’re the same size. Next to an Aegis single battery for size comparison, nearly the same size.

Attachments

• CDD79D09-893E-4BBE-AB58-731F4F3FF742.jpeg
    CDD79D09-893E-4BBE-AB58-731F4F3FF742.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Vaporesso Polar, Luxe or Drag 2 by Voopoo....I could go on listing really. TBH your best bet would be to go on to Fasttech and look through the dual 18650 mods there and choose your favourites.

Afterwards come back here and ask which is best :) Hope that helps and Happy Easter

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
View attachment 810511 AsMODus minikin v2. This one is the stabwood version, but I have the other ones and they’re the same size. Next to an Aegis single battery for size comparison, nearly the same size.
Wider though. Good example of a compact “triangle” format though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will say the Eleaf invoke is smaller and lighter than some of my single battery mods. Not a ton of bells and whistles although you can update to arctic fox for bit more TC accuracy if you want. Throw a couple decent 18650s in there and you will get great battery life (thanks to no bells and whistles.) My first one is OLD and I am hard on mods. It's not pretty but it still performs like a champ. Also not super expensive.

At some point I'm gonna buy 10 for the vape bunker and call it done on mods...because mine has never given me a lick of problems.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread