Looking for first RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

decor

Feb 2, 2015
Göttingen, German
I would buy an Origen Genesis V2. For me, it is one of the most flexible Atomizers out there. You can use cotton, mesh, steel wire or anything else with it. You can go for single or dual coil and the taste is really good because of the reduced chamber. Also it is only around 3,5 cm in hight with a capacity of 4 ml.
You cant go wrong with this bad boy!

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
I have a Lemo Drop, Nautilus, and a Goliath. That being said. I don't think you will be happy with the Goliath/Goblin and the iStick 20 watt. Trying to fit a dual coil build above 1ohm is going to be a challenge. sure it might be done, but the build deck is tiny. so far the best setup i have found is 2.5mm id 26g 8/9 wrap. it comes in at .3 ohms. I think the best fit would be the Lemo. I personally would go with v2, but i have not used it. The Lemo drop is super easy to build on. you will get bigger clouds than the Nautilus, but with bigger clouds come more juice used. just be ready for that. if you used the same ohm coil and close off the air flow. you might use juice like the Nautilus, but you will get the same vapor production too.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Kayfun lite will be the best...
for beginners

I disagree. The Kayfun is a real PITA compared to the Squape R.

Just a few advantages of the Squape R.....

1. You can remove the deck without having to empty the tank.
2. Wicking is far easier. Almost fool proof with the Wide deck.
3. The deck is grooved so you can just lay your pin/screw/coiling tool into the groove with the coil on it and screw the leads in place. Makes for perfect coil placement and alignment every time.
4. Far more adjustable airflow. Everything from a really tight draw pinhole to easy lung hits.
5. Can handle high ohm and subohm coils down equally well.
6. Swappable decks which allow for restricted juice flow, wide open juice flow, single coil or dual coil, and even one that works like a dripping atomizer.
7. Glass tank so you don't have to worry about tank cracking juices at all.
8. Metal outer sheath so you don't have to worry about breaking your glass tank if you drop it.

I've got 3 Kayfuns. Based on some recommendations here I just bought a Squape R. I'll probably never touch my Kayfuns again. The Squape is just a heck of a lot easier to build on, easier to wick, has better airflow with a wider range of adjustments, and being able to remove the deck without emptying the tank is a godsend.

jd5fm

Apr 28, 2015
Definitely looking for glass or metal for the tank, also I know this will sound bad, but I don't want to go and spend more than say $60 on a rta and not know how I will like it.

From what everyone is saying sounds like the lemo 2, goblin, or goliath are going to be some of the better choices

Not sure what the rules are on posting links to vendors, but I got this email today. $18.63 for a Kanger Subtank is a kick ... deal! This is the rta I'm using, and the flavor is amazing! Currently running the 1.2 ohm coil at 19w. It also comes with a .5 coil and an rba to play with. Plus, it's super easy to rewick the stock coils, if saving $$ is a factor for you.
Screenshot_2015-04-27-23-00-43-1.png

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
If money is in question. Best bang for buck and capabilities is the subtank mini in my opinion. You have prebuilt 1.2 or .5 ohm coils. You also have what seems to be the future is those nickel temperature control coils. You also have a deck that comes with it that allows you to build your own coils (I've done vertical coils that produce insane flavor). You also have a huge capacity of liquid to hold, and finally you have amaizing airflow options that very from very open airy draws that allow for cloud chasing builds, a medium airflow and a tight draw for relaxing flavorful vapes.

This is coming from someone with a Kayfun v4, a bf-99 v2 black, and a geyser quad coil dripper. And countless others I have sold off for now.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
And my new favorite, which looks great on the istick: EHPro Mini Buddha. Easy build, inexpensive, conservative on juice and good flavor. Vividsmoke carries them. They come in silver, black, red and purple.

Hmmm.... Interesting. Thanks, Roxy! :)

How does it compare to the Lemo? Which, BTW, would be my recommendation for the OP--I have a Lemo Drop, the Lemo 2 also is getting good reviews--large deck, good flavor, pretty easy Kayfun-style build, more airflow than a Kayfun.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Ok I think you all have me sold on the lemo 2, my only concern is that on seller sites I see lots of complaints about leakage. Idk if it's an ID 10 T error, or if is an actual issue with the tank itself. My vape does lots of pocket travel and I don't want a pocket full of juice

The Lemo can be picky about wicking.

I almost bought a Lemo 2 as well, until I took a good look at the Squape R. It's much easier to work with, and more flexible as well.

Just watch this...

Skip to the 11:15 mark if you just want to see how easy it is to build on this. It also shows you how easy it is to change decks and he shows you how the different decks work.

The price for the real thing is quite steep, but the price for the EHPro clone is right about the same as the Lemo 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: rurwin

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Hmmm.... Interesting. Thanks, Roxy! :)

How does it compare to the Lemo? Which, BTW, would be my recommendation for the OP--I have a Lemo Drop, the Lemo 2 also is getting good reviews--large deck, good flavor, pretty easy Kayfun-style build, more airflow than a Kayfun.

Its very much like a tiny Lemo or Kayfun flavor wise, although it builds like a magma (2 post RDA type deck). Very easy to build. I think it would look great on an istick, especially the 20W. It won't overhang like the 22-23mm attys do.

Reactions: Katya

Ry4life

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
Canada
Ok I think you all have me sold on the lemo 2, my only concern is that on seller sites I see lots of complaints about leakage. Idk if it's an ID 10 T error, or if is an actual issue with the tank itself. My vape does lots of pocket travel and I don't want a pocket full of juice
I've had mine a week no leaking at all ..this actually laid on my couch and didn't spill a drop . User error occurs ..it's a bulletproof tank imho

Antonio Carlito

Apr 28, 2015
Good, single coil flavor RTAs that work well with the istick 20W:

Lemo
Taifun
SquapeR
eXpromizer
Rose v2, but more difficult to build
And my new favorite, which looks great on the istick: EHPro Mini Buddha. Easy build, inexpensive, conservative on juice and good flavor. Vividsmoke carries them. They come in silver, black, red and purple.

Definitely looking for glass or metal for the tank, also I know this will sound bad, but I don't want to go and spend more than say $60 on a rta and not know how I will like it.

From what everyone is saying sounds like the lemo 2, goblin, or goliath are going to be some of the better choices
So looking for some advice on what to pick up for my first RTA. Currently running Nautilus Mini on an iStick 20W, so I know I can't go sub ohm build. I'm looking for something with better flavor at higher wattage and more vapor production. Not a cloud chaser but the vapes feel thin to me on the nautilus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread