Looking for good ice menthol/mint recipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
I'm looking for a good Icy Cool blast mint/menthol recipe, maybe more mint than menthol, something like njoy Menthol if you've ever tried that. If you have a good recipe, please share! Thanks!

njoy menthol is a tobacco flavor, an authentic one at that, very hard to replicate. I do believe there's a bit of spearmint, but a very low percentage. Like, start at .5% and possibly work your way down. As for the tobacco....heh heh, good luck with that one. Let me know.....

Here's a recipe to start with:
1.25% Menthol
0.5% Spearmint
3.0% plain tobacco flavor

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Njoy menthol is a tobacco flavor, an authentic one at that, very hard to replicate. I do believe there's a bit of spearmint, but a very low percentage. Like, start at .5% and possibly work your way down. As for the tobacco....heh heh, good luck with that one. Let me know.....

Here's a recipe to start with:
1.25% Menthol
0.5% Spearmint
3.0% plain tobacco flavor
Thanks Mattdogg!

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I've never had Njoy menthol but have a nice sweeter mint/menthol like tobacco. It's sweet and minty with that refreshing menthol kick. I find the tobacco is rather weak but comes out to play if aged for a couple weeks (when I make this, it rarely makes it a couple weeks as I tend to be impatient).

Menthol (FW) 2%
Natural Mint (Inawera) 2%
Peppermint (TFA) 3%
USA Red (HS) 4%
Koolada (TFA) 0.5%

Can take or leave the koolada. Sometimes it bothers my throat at high amounts but I like what it adds to the cool feeling so I use low amounts of it.

I will say that I notice a difference in the brand of menthol. For instance, CAP menthol I find to be mellow and more of a background type. Whereas, FW menthol is that slap in the face/wake me up in the morning type of menthol. Now I could have gotten a lame bottle from CAP but I have had that weak menthol from other store bought juices before so I think they might be using the CAP version. Just something to throw out there as I always thought all menthol would be the slap in the face/wake me up in the morning type of menthol (if that makes any sense).

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
There are a few "icy" type flavorings you could try.
Maybe order small bottles of
FW Extreme Ice
FA Artic Winter
Tfa Koolada
And then play with additions of you favorite mint type.
Most of these flavors are very strong, .5 -1 % to start and see where that gets you.
And then add menthol to taste.
:toast:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I've never had Njoy menthol but have a nice sweeter mint/menthol like tobacco. It's sweet and minty with that refreshing menthol kick. I find the tobacco is rather weak but comes out to play if aged for a couple weeks (when I make this, it rarely makes it a couple weeks as I tend to be impatient).

Menthol (FW) 2%
Natural Mint (Inawera) 2%
Peppermint (TFA) 3%
USA Red (HS) 4%
Koolada (TFA) 0.5%

Can take or leave the koolada. Sometimes it bothers my throat at high amounts but I like what it adds to the cool feeling so I use low amounts of it.

I will say that I notice a difference in the brand of menthol. For instance, CAP menthol I find to be mellow and more of a background type. Whereas, FW menthol is that slap in the face/wake me up in the morning type of menthol. Now I could have gotten a lame bottle from CAP but I have had that weak menthol from other store bought juices before so I think they might be using the CAP version. Just something to throw out there as I always thought all menthol would be the slap in the face/wake me up in the morning type of menthol (if that makes any sense).
Thanks Vicman! I might play with that recipe and substitute some NET extracts I have.

There are a few "icy" type flavorings you could try.
Maybe order small bottles of
FW Extreme Ice
FA Artic Winter
Tfa Koolada
And then play with additions of you favorite mint type.
Most of these flavors are very strong, .5 -1 % to start and see where that gets you.
And then add menthol to taste.
:toast:
Thanks Tmebs! I have the first two, trying them out now, also bought several peppermints, and other mints and menthols as well. From my trials so far, what I'm missing is the Koolada for the coolness without heavy menthol taste, I meant to include that in my last order but inadvertently left it out, so I'm placing another order to BCF.

I'm looking for a good Icy Cool blast mint/menthol recipe, maybe more mint than menthol, something like Njoy Menthol if you've ever tried that. If you have a good recipe, please share! Thanks!

WATER MELON CRACK
la-watermelon-9.5%
fw-hard candy-3
fw-jungle juice-4.5
cap-cool mint-0.25
fw-water melon-1.50
tfa-marshmellow-1.25

I S&V but it get's beter with time

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Ok, I'm on my way to fine tuning a very good replacement for NJOY daily menthol, with this one (fancy recipe title, right? It was my third try lol) :
Ice Peppermint #3
Peppermint (FA) 3.5%
Polar Blast (FA) 2 drops per 10 ml
Smooth (TFA) 4 drops per 10 ml
Spearmint (FA) 2 drops per 10 ml

This is a really mild nice icy vape, and its very close to Njoy Menthol which has peppermint in it. The Polar Blast is the ticket for that cool icy blast, its strong and I used to much the first mix I made. I tried the Artcic Winter (Menthol) from FA, and realized that was too heavy menthol tasting and not what I was getting from the NJOY Menthol's, the Polar Blast is much closer, icy cool without the menthol. I also used 8 % peppermint first time around, that was a bit strong for me. I also cut the spearmint from 4 drops/10 ml to 2 drops/10 ml, It came through to much compared to the peppermint, so I cut it back, I do like a little in it it adds some sweetness and balances the flavor. The Smooth? well it just smooths! I like using a little of it.

I used these flavors in an 80pg/20 VG 36 mg Nic salts (Smooth, from Nude Nicotine), in a stealthy Myjet pod. Fairly low vapor, great hit and flavor, does the trick like the Njoy daily (45 mg nic), 5 or 6 hits and you're good to go!
I may add just a little more peppermint to the mix, and also want to try some TFA Peppermint I have and see how that is. The TFA Peppermint is clear, the FA Peppermint is a bit cloudy. But as it is right now, I like this a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread