Menthol Mint Unsweetened, does anyone know any recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Is there any unsweetened that you know of offhand?
Unsweetened what? Unsweetened mint? Unsweetened menthol?

Menthol can actually be bought pure. You can get the crystals and dissolve them in a base to make your own menthol flavoring. Use caution, they’re super potent.

VG is actually very slightly sweet to begin with, so anything with VG is going to be at least very slightly sweet.

I’m not a mint fan, so I couldn’t tell you what flavorings are the least sweet. Not a bad question for the DIY section though. Or someone may be along to answer it here. People around here tend to be helpful.

GL :)

• Agree
Reactions: ranjen617

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
"Mint" is too non-specific. Which type of "mint" are you looking for? Menthol, Wintergreen, Spearmint, Peppermint, Green mint? They are all types of "mint".

My ADV is a Wintergreen + cooling agent so I might can help, but need to know where to start. Although if you just want an unflavored, unsweetened but "cool" vape, you can just add a TINY amount of "Polar Blast" (unflavored cooling agent) to an unflavored base.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Just FYI Wintergreen is the flavor of Life Savers Breath Mints in the Green Package, Spearmint is in the Blue package. Peppermint is like the red and white "Starlight" round mints.

Since you like Peppermint, I would start with one of the Peppermint flavors from this page:
Menthol & Mint Flavor Concentrates.

And get some of the Polar Blast from this page:
Additive Flavor Concentrates

Try the peppermint at maybe 15%-20% (I use Wintergreen at 17%) to start and focus on just getting the Peppermint flavor where you want it. Then focus on the "coolness". You can add the Polar Blast a drop or two at a time and adjust until you get the right "cooling".

I would make no more than 10ml sample sizes until you get the recipe right.

NOTE: I use Polar Blast by adding just 10ml to a 236ml bottle of liquid. So with this stuff a little goes a long way. OH and whatever you do, do NOT try the Polar Blast straight or put a drop on your tongue...TRUST ME.

Reactions: Mordacai

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I've been vaping this one for almost 2 years now. It is a go to for me when I want a menthol without tobacco. It's pretty strong with no sweeteners. It was a menthol tobacco which I took the tobacco out and really liked the outcome. It reminds me of one I used to order from Nicquid called Smoothol. Not quite the same but strong menthol mint kick nonetheless.

Menthol (FW) 2%
Natural Mint (WG)(INW) 2%
Peppermint (TPA) 3%
Koolada (TPA) .5%

I go low on the Koolada as to much bothers the back of my throat. That said, I've seen many use in their recipes at higher percentage to give that cooling effect.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Just looking for a recipe for a good menthol mint liquid, something like City Vapes Artic Mint.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Watching this one. I won an HCigar Akso a while back, and it had an Ice Mint pod. I was surprised because I only do tobacco, but I came to really like it. It's not sweet, and more mint than menthol. It does have a coolness that could be a Koolada type (which I've never tried), that may not even be menthol, but it's primarily mint. I'm guessing mostly peppermint, but definitely not wintergreen (which I hate to even smell). So maybe I'll get some ideas here for a diy cool mint for my refillable pods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread