Looking for New Mod - Need rec's

Status
Not open for further replies.

6stringsNvape

Mar 30, 2017
Hey ECF,

Been using an Avocado 24 w/an IPv4S for a good while, used an original Uwell Crown tank before getting into builds. Comfortable with simple/functional coil builds across a few RDA's I have, but looking for a good second setup.

My other go-to right now is a Horizon Duos with a vaporesso Revenger mod, usually at around .14-.25 ohms between 60 - 75W in dual coil setup. Never cared much for 3 coil. Definitely value flavor over clouds and make my own juice.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If ?'s lemme know and I'll reply.

Thanks!

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
For what it's worth I have a Revenger and picked up a Voopoo Drag (yes, horrible name) today as a backup/toy(!).

Having little experience I find I like it. Sat down with a Limitless+ and built a decent set. Been using all day trying to find a sweet spot with TC.

The features and chip are pretty similar to the Revenger. Didn't take long to get familiar.

It is a heavy mod, my only complaint. Feels like a brick, solid. Lighting quick once it's fired and pretty consistent on my batteries.

I don't know a lot, so take it with a grain of salt. I do like it a lot though, would recommend.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I always recommend the Smoant Battlestar because it's awesome and looks awesome too. The voopoo drag box is also a good choice. The Smoant Charon is another good mod. I just ordered the Charon Touchscreen which seems pretty nice, haven't tried it yet though. The other Charons are adjustable and the TC which are both solid choices. Voopoo has the alpha one which looks like a Walkman and might be worth your consideration. If you want to spend a bunch of cash the SX Mini G Class looks awesome and is your best expensive choice. Good luck I hope you pick a winner.

XRec C

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2017
Florida
I just got the Smock Procolor and I love it. Best vape I've had. I use the TFV 12 tank with the X4 coil. But I vape around 115W. But I also use the Big Baby Beast and vape that at 60W and it produces great flavor and clouds.

And you also can't go wrong with the Alien.
If you lead an active/ruff lifestyle you might wanna check out the geekvape aegis. I've had mine a little over a month and I'm thrilled wif it. I should point out I don't use TC tho. I build wif SS and run in wattage or vpc. The thing is a battle tank! It's already survived several drops unto concrete wif literally not so much as a scratch or paint chip

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
the question becomes what do you want out of a mod i guess. for me it was that I wanted a two battery mod that wasnt made of pot metal and i didnt want to spend a ton of money so i bought a reuleaux 2/3 with plans to never use the 3 bit. you may have totally different requirements though. For what its worth I have since learned that the zinc alloy described is not so much random bits of what they have laying around as much as 90+% zinc and the remainder aluminum with other trace such as copper. Not nearly as poisonous as i thought.

Preyu

Sep 24, 2017
Also going to recommend the SMOK Procolor.

I've had mine for about a month now and I haven't touched any of my other mods since it arrived. The tfv8 big baby tank it comes with is amazing. Throw some x4 coils in there and the vapor and flavor is on point. Coils can last anywhere between 7-21 days and cost $15 for a 5pack which is fairly reasonable.

The price on the kit itself is actually AMAZING given the quality of the mod itself. Great machining, TC, TCR, VW, etc.

Fires almost instantly and the UI on the mod is probably the best non touch screen UI on the market IMO.

Honestly you can't go wrong with it. I have one and 3 of my IRL friends have one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread