Status
Not open for further replies.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Still looking for the vape experience that really satisfies the hubby. Right now he has a Toptank mini built at 1.5 with the airflow turned waaaaaay down and uses a restricted lung hit. I would love to get him a nautilus but I'm not really interested in buying tanks that require premade coils. I guess first off, is there a good rba option for the nautilus? Or, which RTAs have that similar hit style? Any other suggestions for restricted lung hitters would be greatly appreciated too. He's definitely a tootle puffer, and likes to stay under 20w.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I would say the Kayfun lite plus, or even the Kayfun mini 3 might be good choices that I personally have found to be tight airflow, the lite more so than the mini. I only have the clone version of them and they work fine for me when I choose to use them.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
There is a RBA for the Nautilus mini (or the Kabuki) that I've heard is a pain to work with, and hard to find. Been looking myself for the RBA version 2 without much luck.
That's what I've read too so I wasn't holding out much hope on that front. I'll check out your other suggestions, thank you.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Right now he has a Toptank mini built at 1.5 with the airflow turned waaaaaay down and uses a restricted lung hit.
That is my most used tank with 1.5 coil (stock or built) as well. I MTL too, but like a bit more airy draw so that works well for me.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well he likes using the Toptank mini in what you describe a restricted direct lung. The Nautilus type stuff is a very tight mtl experience. Are you sure he wants something so restrictive? Something like a KF5 with more airflow then say the KF3 (although certainly not a DL cloud machine) might be a more comfortable fit for restricted DL. There are other nice single coil tanks out there that are also nice for that restricted DL/loose mtl experience in things like the Merlin mini and Serpent mini.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Well he likes using the Toptank mini in what you describe a restricted direct lung. The Nautilus type stuff is a very tight mtl experience. Are you sure he wants something so restrictive? Something like a KF5 with more airflow then say the KF3 (although certainly not a DL cloud machine) might be a more comfortable fit for restricted DL. There are other nice single coil tanks out there that are also nice for that restricted DL/loose mtl experience in things like the Merlin mini and Serpent mini.
He uses it, but doesn't like it so much. ;) I'm still searching for something he really likes and wants to use. I will check out the KF5, Merlin and Serpent minis. Thanks!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
He uses it, but doesn't like it so much. ;) I'm still searching for something he really likes and wants to use. I will check out the KF5, Merlin and Serpent minis. Thanks!

Oh. well if he really prefers a tight mtl then a KF3 Mini would probably be a better fit or the Merlin Mini with the smallest air restrictor in place.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Oh. well if he really prefers a tight mtl then a KF3 Mini would probably be a better fit or the Merlin Mini with the smallest air restrictor in place.
I'm honestly trying things all over the map at the moment, trying to fine tune for him. It's harder because we are on opposite ends of the tootle puff - sub ohm spectrum. He has the airflow on the Toptank closed down to the tiniest sliver and takes tiny, tiny puffs.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I'm honestly trying things all over the map at the moment, trying to fine tune for him. It's harder because we are on opposite ends of the tootle puff - sub ohm spectrum. He has the airflow on the Toptank closed down to the tiniest sliver and takes tiny, tiny puffs.

I've been using my Sub-Tank Minis (may update to TopTank sometime, not soon) and started with the airflow at the tiniest sliver, with 1.5 ohm coils. Worked fine for me, easy to build, easy to fill, good flavor, good vapor production. I've gone to lower ohm coils and slightly more airflow, but it was a long process. If the airflow suits him, great...just adjust the ohms to where he feels the most comfortable and relax, let him vape. The sweet-spot for everyone is different, he needs to find his and it will likely change with time.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

It might be interesting to go with something like the Merlin Mini which has 2 air restrictors. the tank is pretty wide open with none in place, a more restricted DL with the larger restrictor (~2.5 mm) and a tighter mtl with the smallest 1.5 mm restrictor. It gives him the ability to essentially play with 3 different airflow patterns with a single tank. That could provide a more cost effective solution rather than spending money on several different tanks.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I would say the Kayfun lite plus, or even the Kayfun mini 3 might be good choices that I personally have found to be tight airflow, the lite more so than the mini. I only have the clone version of them and they work fine for me when I choose to use them.
I agree.

Either a Kayfun lite plus or Kayfun lite plus V2

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
As a 4 year veteran of Kayfuns i can honestly say that the SXK Doggy style RTA is perfect for MTL (and -very- restrictive Lung vaping). Coiling and wicking is a breeze, no leaks, no dry hits. It's a faff to refill because you have to unscrew the Top cap but that is the only negative for me. Got mine from FastTech at less than $11. Would recommend it to anyone who likes Kayfuns...

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
It might be interesting to go with something like the Merlin Mini which has 2 air restrictors. the tank is pretty wide open with none in place, a more restricted DL with the larger restrictor (~2.5 mm) and a tighter mtl with the smallest 1.5 mm restrictor. It gives him the ability to essentially play with 3 different airflow patterns with a single tank. That could provide a more cost effective solution rather than spending money on several different tanks.

If you add the adjustable airflow on top of that it will give lots of options. Mine is running with the smallest airflow restrictor and the airflow closed off and gives me a nice mtl vape.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I also agree on the kayfun mini v3, it even looks similar to the nautilus mini. My wife use to vape the nautilus and just switched her over to the km3. You can adjust it to a slightly more open then the nautilus or open it up to a restricted lung hit. The only con ( if you like bigger capacity tanks) is its only 2ml. Besides that it's an awesome tank. I own all authentics but heard some of the clones aren't bad, just don't get the ones from 3f vapes, as they are real garbage. When my wife was thinking of switching, she asked me to just buy a clone. I bought 2 from 3f and both were the worst , really bad

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
There is a RBA for the Nautilus mini (or the Kabuki) that I've heard is a pain to work with, and hard to find. Been looking myself for the RBA version 2 without much luck.
I saw that RBA on eBay V2 not V1. Took one look and decided it is NOT for me.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
As a 4 year veteran of Kayfuns i can honestly say that the SXK Doggy style RTA is perfect for MTL (and -very- restrictive Lung vaping). Coiling and wicking is a breeze, no leaks, no dry hits. It's a faff to refill because you have to unscrew the Top cap but that is the only negative for me. Got mine from FastTech at less than $11. Would recommend it to anyone who likes Kayfuns...
I just received two of those today along with pre made coil.

I woukd NOT call it MTL unless you almost completely close the AFC.

Its a good Atty and glad i got them for my vapocalpse stash.

There are some issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread