[Q] I want to become a Tootle Puffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
What kind of coil were you using and what PG/VG ratio?

26g A-1 contact coil with 5-6 wraps. I am now seeing the standard spaced coil would work better :( I used all kinds of juice from 50/50 to 80vg. I'm now thinking it was an issue with the spacing of the coil though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
26g A-1 contact coil with 5-6 wraps. I am now seeing the standard spaced coil would work better :( I used all kinds of juice from 50/50 to 80vg. I'm now thinking it was an issue with the spacing of the coil though

Spaced coils might help. More than likely the problem was you needed more cotton in the coil. It should be snug but not tight. I would also recommend using 28awg with 9 wraps. Trim the cotton at an angle so only the tip of the tails just touch the flood deck.

Reactions: Liskrig

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Hey all,

I have built low, and I have bought high (2.2 Ohm clearos :p). I love fogging up my house with these amazing sub-ohm tanks (Atlantis v2, Subtank Plus, OG Atlantis). The vapor production, and flavor is even better with my RDAs at .3Ohms. I'm just getting bored taking HUGE pulls, and expelling an obscene amount of vapor if I am out (work, store, car). I'm not a ........ about it to other people (never in a crowd, never in a store, never in a non-designated "smoking area") I just can't seem to find a happy medium :(

I *like* my Nautilus Mini. I like the idea of tootle puffing, I like not having to carry a backpack with juice, wire, wicks, batteries, and screwdrivers with me for those "just in case" moments where a coil gets funky and I have to wrap another one.

I just am not satisfied with the amount of vapor I am getting from my tootle puffing rig. I have used the 1.2 ohm coils on my Subtank, and LOVED those, I have had more fail than I have gotten to work for more than a day or two at most, but that day or two was great for me (when they worked)

TL;DR Version: I'm looking for a good tootle puffer setup with minimal maintenance. I already have the Nautilus and Nautilus Mini, and several mods that range from iStick 20w to the Sigeli 150w. I would even be interested in an RTA if one comes to mind.

Any help would be appreciated. Even suggestions on how to get the most out of my Nautilus/Mini if you feel that's the best solution. I use all different ratios of liquid from 70 PG (not very often) up to 90 VG.

Thanks ECF <3

An iStick30w or Sigelei Mini 30w with a Russian 91% or Kayfun on top is generally one of my 3 tootle puffing setups. If you like a looser draw than the old clearos look at a Kayfun V4, top or bottom filling, coil is easily accessed without emptying out all the liquid. My other out and about tootle puffing setup is an IPV2 with either a Russian or Kayfun on top.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
This is my ADV. A Kayfun Lite @ 1.4 ohms. 28G KA1, 8 wrap contact coil @ 2mm. I have dialed it back to about 20W instead of the 27.5 just to save on battery life, but it's a great setup. I run a DIY 80%VG in it and can go through 150 - 200 ml of juice on a single wick and the coils last for months. Just dry burn when the wick goes bad. I keep a couple of mechs on my desk with drippers on them for a cloud and a nic rush and to keep my tongue from getting bored, and I still vape about a tank a day in my Nautilus, but this is my workhorse. I get a decent cloud out of it and the flavor is awesome.
tootle whomper.jpg

HardCoil

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Malaysia
Yeah yeah yeah, hahaha I guess I REALLY could have worded this better... I'm heavily leaning towards the Subox kit though. I have the options for both worlds and another mod never hurt :p
I was a loving subox user!
If you are looking for compact, easy to keep, carry and mini vape then yup its cheap, affordable and u can do lots with the kit with considerable limitations. U get bored with the clearos u can go RBA. Easy peasy lemon squesy. Battery is ok if u go 25watts and below, ur good for about 6-9hours. I think. U wanna go subohm? Cool, if u change the batteries u can do that too! IMO, if u REALLY want a medium, just bring along and not do much to it vape, kbox mini with the subtank mini is a go go... :thumb:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
If you are looking for low maintenance; high VG and highly flavored (especially sweet) eliquids gunk coils fast no matter what you put them in.

If you like the Subtank mini I would use the RBA section. With a lightly flavored (2-5%) 50/50 mix I get a week, at 66/33 two or three weeks out of a wick at 12W. 2.3mmID 28awg 8-10 wrap contact coil.

More or less how I vape. STM RDA base. 32g 5/4 wrap around a toothpick 1.8 ohms 8-9 watts. Flavor and some cloud. I have a month old coil on and 3 week wick. My other wick I had to remove because I tested some homemade NET in it. That coil gunk up fast.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I'm still waiting to try the RBA deck for my Subtank Plus. I've been trying to use my Nautilus Mini in the meantime, and I'm getting used to it. I had to up the N temporarily (3 to 6) because it just wasn't satisfying. I'm hoping to be down to 3mg across all devices by Halloween :)

Thank you all for the helpful replies and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread