• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Lounging By The Beach - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Keep a cool rag behind your neck and over your wrist.........it does help.

Yes, when I was little my grandmother and I would come in from gardening and the first thing we did was go to the kitchen sink and let cold water flow over our wrists for a minute or two - very cooling! My feet get like that frequently at night. First so freezing that it it uncomfortable and then when I get them warmed up it turns to burning. :confused:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Yes, when I was little my grandmother and I would come in from gardening and the first thing we did was go to the kitchen sink and let cold water flow over our wrists for a minute or two - very cooling! My feet get like that frequently at night. First so freezing that it it uncomfortable and then when I get them warmed up it turns to burning. :confused:

DH has malaria so he deals with hot flashes and chills a lot.

Dale I love sleeping when it's storming unless it's real real bad.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

Mine burn anytime I get too hot, and swell!! 8-o

It's actually hurts :unsure:

jj2

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Evening, Beachers....hubs came home, mowed, and then I took him out to dinner with a birthday gift certificate. And the temp dropped from 75 to 68 while we were eating....mid 50's tonight. Dale....you won't need your air conditioning if this keeps up. :ohmy:

Well I knew it was going to happen. May be a good time to shut the central off and open some windows!!!

Glam

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2011
    La Salle, Illinois
    Dale's summer family reunions......:laugh:

GFV+2012+-+CWR+-+001.JPG

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Evening, Beachers....hubs came home, mowed, and then I took him out to dinner with a birthday gift certificate. And the temp dropped from 75 to 68 while we were eating....mid 50's tonight. Dale....you won't need your air conditioning if this keeps up. :ohmy:
    We dropped from 94 to 69!! :ohmy:

I knew it felt better there at the end :lol:

Oh! Poor DH :(

Me too JJ :thumbs:

Glam

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2011
    La Salle, Illinois

Part of my childhood was spent in Missouri.....back then a lot of houses had tin roofs....I remember sleeping in a feather bed and listening to the rain on the tin....so comfortable and relaxing. A real feather bed....thick and fluffy...back then they were used by a lot of the poor folks.

jj2

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Part of my childhood was spent in Missouri.....back then a lot of houses had tin roofs....I remember sleeping in a feather bed and listening to the rain on the tin....so comfortable and relaxing. A real feather bed....thick and fluffy...back then they were used by a lot of the poor folks.

Big two story house and us kids upstairs. No air so the beds were by the windows. When it rained, I love to watch it and the smell. Perfect to drift off to sleep.

Glam

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2011
    La Salle, Illinois
    Big two story house and us kids upstairs. No air so the beds were by the windows. When it rained, I love to watch it and the smell. Perfect to drift off to sleep.

Now, our house is so air tight and so well insulated, we do not even hear rain or storms, unless they are ferociously loud. Guess that is why I am so fascinated with radar.....at least I can go outside and get some rain/storm enjoyment when I can see them coming on that green part of the map.

jj2

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Now, our house is so air tight and so well insulated, we do not even hear rain or storms, unless they are ferociously loud. Guess that is why I am so fascinated with radar.....at least I can go outside and get some rain/storm enjoyment when I can see them coming on that green part of the map.

Same here. Sometimes I open the front door so I can hear it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread