Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
never did understand the difference between lung inhale and mouth to lung inhale.... either way it still passes thru the mouth... now if we start doing a nose to lung inhale.... :)
The biggest difference is that a lung inhale involves significantly more vapor than a mouth inhale, and so works best with a lot of power since you have to really open the airflow to make it work... so you keep a warm dense vape with a lot of power, but its not uncomfortable because you have lots of airflow, and taking all that vapor isn't painful because you use 3mg nicotine.
I think lung inhales are highly addictive though. Once you get hooked on it, its hard to be satisfied with anything else.

Reactions: David Wolf

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Nah.. I mouth to lung all day at work. Off work I lung hit like a madman.
I have a single coil (1.3 ohm) rta on one mod for mtl and an orchid v4(0.85 ohms) on a second mod for lung hits and I switch between the two during the day depending on how I feel at that moment. I only use 15 watts on my orchid so it's not a hot vape and I did not have to build calluses on my mouth and throat to enjoy it so I can still enjoy my e-go with gs-h2 tanks as well.I think you only need to condition yourself for lung hits and lose the ability to enjoy MTL if you vape at the high power levels that cloud chasers use. once your use to that then you may not be able to taste anything at the low power levels used for MTL. I use 6mg nicotine in my MTL tanks and 0mg nicotine in my orchids.

Reactions: Jimi D.
Kinda new here, and fairly new to vaping, gave up smoking roll up's 7 weeks ago, with those, no filters, I was inhaling into my mouth, back to lungs and then exhale, did the same with initial vaping, was using an e-shisha 1100mah battery 510 thread with a 1.6ml tank, couldn't change the coils, they were disposable tanks, but cheap enough to replace, I was using various flavours of 16mg nicotine, did try direct to lung once with it and nearly died lol, hardly any air gets pulled in through those tanks.

Now I have a cool fire 4 with an I-Sub tank, you cant do mouth to lungs, way too much air, you get hardly any to no hit at all, that's defiantly a direct to lungs device, and get so much more flavour / taste out of my liquids. on the other hand, thankfully I have some blueberry 12mg and apple 0mg laying around, had to mix those 2 together to make approx. 4 or 5mg hits, forget trying direct to lung with 16mg, nearly died again.

This cool fire 4 also comes with an adapter so I can use my old tanks, I basically drive for a living and cant be blowing out these clouds of smoke whilst I'm driving a truck, people will think I'm on fire, either that or I wont be able to see where I'm going, (see Rixsta profile picture above, not good in your truck windscreen) im going to have to resort to mouth to lung with low air intake tanks whilst at work and the direct to lung tank at home, I'm loving this isub tank.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
@Sean Pereira lol, no those kind of tanks are for home use, or get outside tanks, I can't see the TV, a quote from the wife :) (aka tootle puffer)

I love my Subtank Mini on my Ego One Mega battery for going out or driving, also, I don't want to be "that" guy who sits up the bar blowing clouds..you can still lung hit and stealth vape ;)

The mouth to lung / lung hits really come down to what tank, airflow, wattage and coil you use, I was always a mouth to lung being an ex-smoker but I bought the Subtank v1 sort of not knowing much and I vaped it 50/50 12mg 0.5ohm coil low airflow mouth to lung and it felt like a thousand red ants had crawled into my throat..I sold it and went back to my Nautilus thinking it wasn't for me, the guys and gals on here told me what I was doing wrong so I bought another one, bought some 70VG 30PG juice and cut my nic by half, this is also where I found my love for custard, milky vapes. I had to learn what lung hitting was and how to do it over a period of a couple of weeks, fast forward to now and lung hitting is very natural and the only way I vape, I don't even think about it, in fact mouth to lung is alien to me now..a complete turn around from the start of my journey.
I am not a cloud chaser, I'm a flavour chaser, I just like to vape at low ohms, high wattage, it gives me a warm, thick , dense, tasty vape and it has kept me off the stinky's, there is no right or wrong way to vape, for most of us, the goal is to stop smoking which is all that matters.

Last edited:

CountryGirl_Jess

Aug 19, 2015
Colorado
I am new here, I was a smoker for almost 30 years and just in the last 8 months finally quit for good and have been vaping. I do it both ways and didnt realize it until reading all of this. I think it depends on the urgency I am feeling on how I do it. I will have to pay attention throughout the day but not over think it lol to really get an idea of when I do mouth hits vs lung hits! I have no memory of how I took a hit when I was a smoker.

mikey42

Apr 30, 2015
Southern California
I was the same. I told the kid at the e smoke shop that I didn't wanna mess around with "starter" type e cigs. So I trusted him, and he STILL sold me a little pencil, ego thing. I couldn't get a cloud for trying. After several more purchases, I went to a shop I found on accident. This one was full of big dudes blowing clouds, the place was full of vapor. I left with a ZNA 50 and an Atlantis. My point.. I started doing lung inhales, and don't remember when or why. Now I'm on a Sigelei 150TC with lots a tanks, 7 different RBA's, and that's the norm for me. Live and learn. I feel much healthier and walk 30+ miles a month.

Copponex

Sep 28, 2015
I always used mouth to lung when smoking cigs and i've heard of anyone using direct lung to smoke cigs. My first setup was an ego battery with a evod 2, crappy setup. I used mouth to lung with that setup, But soon after switched to an evic vtc mini because the evod 2 just sucked .... Before buying it i had read about direct lung, But never tried it, so i didnt know how it worked, but as soon as behandling vaping on the ego one mega that comes with the evic mini i tried to do direct lung hits and it just came really naturally to me, i thought it would be a big process switched from one method to another, but it was really easy.

So yea, i started off as an mtl vapor but im now a direct lung vapor.

Reactions: David Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread