Lurking?? How to find a home within all the forums and threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
You got so excited you made a double post :p Well, I am ready for work... waiting for that clock to tick so I don't get there TOO early LOL

My first batch of sprouts is now in the refrigerator! Yeah! I am soooo excited! We have a place called Jason's Deli that makes the most DELICIOUS tortilla wraps and sandwiches with sprouts, avocado, and cucumbers that I a dying to have some! Unfortunately, the company that sells grocers the sprouts was closed because they had salmonella, so i am growing my own... SO EASY!!!

Have a great day all!

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
You got so excited you made a double post :p Well, I am ready for work... waiting for that clock to tick so I don't get there TOO early LOL

My first batch of sprouts is now in the refrigerator! Yeah! I am soooo excited! We have a place called Jason's Deli that makes the most DELICIOUS tortilla wraps and sandwiches with sprouts, avocado, and cucumbers that I a dying to have some! Unfortunately, the company that sells grocers the sprouts was closed because they had salmonella, so i am growing my own... SO EASY!!!

Have a great day all!

Oh, those sound absolutely yummy!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
How easy is it to grow spouts with little to no sun? My favorite dish of all time is a Vietnamese dish with sprouts and veggies.
Unfortunately I have only one window that gets any sun. And it does not get much.

They only need enough to.......

Wait for it..........

Sprout!!!!!

God I'm so stupid. :facepalm:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hey GG!

You’ll need:

-Large wide mouth mason jars

-Sprouting lids for jars (Sprouting lids are typically available in most health food stores but you can use cheesecloth and rubber bands over the top of the jars if you prefer)

Now you’re ready to get sprouting.
    back to page 1

Grow Your Own Sprouts
    For hygiene’s sake, wash your hands before handling seeds. Use seeds, grains, nuts, or legumes. For simplicity, I’ll be referring to any of these items as seeds throughout the instructions.
    Remove any broken or discolored seeds, stones, twigs, or hulls that may have found their way into your sprouting seeds.
    Place one type of seed in the jar. Use about a teaspoon of seeds or one-third cup of beans. Remember they will grow in size during the soaking and sprouting process.
    Cover the seeds with pure water. If you are using a few tablespoons of seeds, cover with at least one cup of water. If you are using beans, nuts, or grains, use at least three times the water of the amount of seed. In other words, one cup of water for one-third cup of mung beans, for example.
    Allow the seeds to soak for about 6 to 12 hours. I find it easiest to start them before going to bed. They absorb the water while I’m sleeping and are ready to start sprouting in the morning.
    Cover the jar with the sprouting lids or cheesecloth. If you’re using cheesecloth, secure over the top of the jar with a rubber band. Drain off the water.
    Rinse thoroughly with fresh water and drain off the water again. Set upside down in a clean, cool spot in your kitchen area, preferably on a slight angle to allow excess water to drain off. Alternatively, use a stainless steel dish drying rack which gives the sprout jars the perfect angle for draining.
    Rinse the sprouts a few times a day. Be sure to drain them well each time.
    Once the sprouts are ready to be harvested (this amount of time differs for each variety; alfalfa or mung bean sprouts are ready in about a week), place them in a large bowl of cool water and stir them around to loosen hulls and skins from the seeds (this is an optional step). They’ll usually come to the top so you can remove them. Don’t worry about removing every hull. Doing so helps prevent spoilage so the sprouts will last longer. Drain sprouts well and store in the refrigerator covered for a week to 10 days, depending on the sprout type.

TIP: To increase the mineral content of your sprouts, add a piece of kelp or other type of seaweed to the water while the seeds are soaking.

MwSlim

Slumerican
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2013
    Livonia, MI
    3 1/2 hrs late? :unsure: uh-oh!

Just found out OSHA is going to be here next week. Ugh not going to be fun, there's not much I can do here without breaking their rules. Every single infraction results in hefty fines for the company.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377106988.623428.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    3 1/2 hrs late? :unsure: uh-oh!

Just found out OSHA is going to be here next week. Ugh not going to be fun, there's not much I can do here without breaking their rules. Every single infraction results in hefty fines for the company.

:facepalm: Doesn't sound good little bro! :(
    So what? You just standin' around waiting? I hate that!

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Yep still home they close at 5:30. He has to leave for work at 5. Boy will be a block away so easy to pick up at 4

Well........... that doesn't sound promising:(

Here's what the OS gave me today Dexamethasone ... steroids:facepalm:
    But I don't think at the rate I'm going I'll have to worry about it much longer, BP 173/94.

MwSlim

Slumerican
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2013
    Livonia, MI
    :facepalm: Doesn't sound good little bro! :(
    So what? You just standin' around waiting? I hate that!

No they won't be here until next Thursday and Friday. I may just go to another job those days.

The pipe fitter next to me just broke his thumb right in half, man it did not look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread