Madvapes Weekly Contest - March 21 through March 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's Monday! That means it's time for a new madvapes Giveaway! Here's the prize this week:

1 x smok XPro BT50
1 x TFV4 Mini - Stainless
1 x Charger
2 x 18650 Batteries
5 x Replacement coils

To be entered into the contest this week, we want to know:

Have you ever converted anyone from smoking to vaping? If so, how many people have you converted, did it stick, and what was the device that finally got them to switch?

You can post/discuss as much as you want, but each person can only be entered into the raffle once. One winner will be chosen at random on Friday!

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Yes I have and Yes it may have. I spend time vaping in smoking areas and have got smokers interested in trying. In most cases strangers. I have seen some at a later date vaping. In most cases a regulated device with wattage control. High nicotine and mid to high PG.

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
I have only converted 3. I am not the out and about kind of person so these are people who are close to me. One was my brother and it was the prize pack that I won from you to Pif to him. He hasn't turned back. The other 2 were with Eleaf Istick 20w with Nautilus minis.

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
I've "preached" the gospel to so many! I know for sure that 4 close friends are no longer smoking and still vaping after learning about it from me (and me helping them get started). And I hope that there are at least that many whom I don't see very often, who I've also converted to some extent. My latest is in full swing, thanks to the most recent Mad Vapes pif contest! In every case, the device that did the trick really depended on when things got underway...but I can say for sure, that there is much better/easier transition with the newer starter kits than when I was recommending an ego and protank mini. One of my earliest successes (it was not long after I began vaping myself) began with me showing a friend my spinner and protank and while I and most everyone else has moved on to better/newer devices, she is still very happily vaping on the same type of set up to this day!

Thank ya' for the contest and good luck to everybody!

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I began the task of converting my sister with an Evod kit. This brought about an interest in vaping and occasional use just for the novelty of it. She never quit though or even cut down with it. I didn't really expect this to do the trick. Just wanted to see that she really had an interest before I gave her one of my beloved eVic VTCs. It was that kit (with the original Ego One Mega tank) that got her to switch over from occasional vaping along with smoking to occasional smoking along with vaping.

Now she's down to a cigarette or two a day and sometimes has days where she skips smoking altogether. I'm glad I gave her the eVic mini. No regrets there; it really made the difference. Working on my brother now. :)

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
So far I have converted 1 member of my extended family from smoking to Vaping. I purchased her an Evod battery with a T3S tank. She quit smoking within 2 weeks of Vaping, and she has gone over 3 months without a cigarette. She loves her original device so much that she now has a collection of 5 Pink/Purple Evods and T3S tanks. I have let her try my mods and tanks on several occasions, but she prefers her pen vapes.

The second person that I am working on is having a much more difficult time. I am wondering if she really wants to give up cigarettes or not. I think the desire to quit is much more important than the device.

Thanks for the contest!

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Out of my friends, I was the only smoker. Family, the only smoker.... A few of the guys at a previous job were dual users with no intention of quitting smoking, it was just easier at work and driving for them to vape. I wouldn't say I converted them or got them to stick with it, the majority of them had tried vaping before and for one reason or another put everything in a drawer and forgot about them.
One guy, he took everything back out of the drawer and started using it again after seeing a few of us vaping, so I count that as a win.... Everyone at work had a range of the smaller ego batteries and compatible tanks to an MVP 2 and a protank 2 to a mech.... The smaller ego user stuck with it the longest....

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
My conversion rate is not good. I have shared my knowledge and in many cases extra gear and juice with a wide variety of folks, from family and friends to casual work acquaintances. With one exception all are still smokers although I know of a few (2 or 3?) that vape some of the time, so I guess technically, they are smoking less. In the case where I actually converted someone, it was with an extra vamo and kayfun that I was able to pass on to him. Now he is using high wattage gear and prefers dripping.

Even with my past experiences, I am still happy to talk to anyone who is interested and am hopeful that I might help other smokers find this great solution that we know works so well!

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
My sister was the biggest success. I took her to the local smokeshop and she grabbed a pink ego with two batteries (she had no interest in box mods). She quit with the ego successfully but kept using my ego one because the pen was so weak so we went and got her a pink ego one mega. This lasted a couple months before she kept hitting my SOs evic mini for more power, we then got her a Subox Mini in blue which is satisfying her with room to grow.
She tried box mods before using the ego pens and hated them, she would not have quit smoking with a box but now loves them!

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Man I've been trying to win the TFV4 for what seems like forever lol

Have you ever converted anyone from smoking to vaping? If so, how many people have you converted, did it stick, and what was the device that finally got them to switch?

The whole reason why I enter most contests is because I give them away to non smokers but lately I haven't won much :(

I know of 4 that have completely made the switch, another 3 were strangers so not a clue, I have another 3 people pretty much lined up to give gear to they just don't know it yet.. If I won this contest I'd give the mod away with my subtank mini and keep the tfv4 ^__^

Edit* 2 were Cloupor mini plus, one with a Ego one mega tank and the other they bought their own subtank nano.

1 was a ego one CT

There's another one but I forget what device they got :/ I didn't give it to them but helped them and if I didn't vape they probably wouldn't have made the switch.

The rest were just simple ego's/ce4's

Thanks for the contest have a great day!!!

Last edited:

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
It is hard to know exactly since I have tried to convert many strangers who were curious about my vaping over the past couple of years. Of the people I know, I have two friends that used vaping to quit smoking. One of them has even quit vaping now as well. Both of these were from the olden times before subtanks and 200 watt devices. If memory serves, I had an extra groove2 and iclear tank that one started on and the other I recommended an MVP2 setup which she bought and I showed her how to use. I believe that part of the reason things worked out in these cases was that they had a friend (me!) who they could ask questions to, try all my different juices to see what worked for them, and not get frustrated with little things that I could solve for them (like finicky coils etc.). Thanks for the chance at the prize this week.

remark

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
I know a lot of smokers, so I've had the chance to try and get lots started. My successful ones include a neighbor, a few friends and a poker buddy. As somebody mentioned, the devices that worked in each occasion were probably more a product of the times than anything else. I used to like to start people with egos, but now with all of the new products, I prefer to suggest the Kanger Sub Tank Mini Kit (50watt box and mini sub tank). TY for the great contest and prizes!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have only helped one for sure, that I know is still vaping.....She had started with an eGo battery and lost it....so she went back to smoking. I gave her several batteries(eGo style) along with several tanks(ce4's & redux)and she it still using them and even got a couple more to make sure she didn't lose it again....
Thanks for the chance....

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I started a series of morning teas for my golfing ladies. We would get together once a month for about a year and they would learn how to vape and the types of vaping devices that were available. We also helped each other to buy upgrades and even had lessons on DIY mixing.

All told there was about a dozen and I started them all on carto tanks and ego twist batteries. This was a few years ago and they have gone in to hosting their own teas and converting their husbands. All 12 are completely free of tobacco and about half are still vaping.

Over 4.5 years there have been quite a lot that I have set up with gear and had a reasonable success rate but those morning teas were the best format. Fun, safe environment, group buying and learning and backup if anyone needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread